Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live problem

• 24-12-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭

I just bought Xbox live for the 360
    my house has Wifi but I can't connect. It says I need an ethernet cable.
    I'm just wondering if this'll get sent to me. I bought it on "live-codes.com"

any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Live doesn't like the security on most networks and you usually need to adjust this in your settings. also, make sure your typing in the long code correctly. I had to do this a few times before I got it 100% RIGHT.

try rebooting your router.

let us know what provider your with as there may be specific issues people can help with.

do you have the new version with wifi? do you need to enable this in the settings? (dont genuinly know this) if ou have the old version do you have a network adaptor! silly question but.....

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

The Ethernet cable doesnt come with the code or even with xbox. You'll have to purchase a new ethernet cable.

By the way, what's the problem with the wifi because if you get that setup it'll save you a lot of hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I think my wifi is 15MB

My provider is NTL
    I haven't put in the code at all yet. I just tried...

"Connect to Xbox live"
    "Test connection"
    "You cannot connect, make sure your ethernet cable is attached to your modem and run again"

So I do I need an ethernet cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Bollox I need a Wireless adapter....

Have to go get 1 one Christmas eve....Brilliant!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Brendog wrote: »
    Bollox I need a Wireless adapter....

Have to go get 1 one Christmas eve....Brilliant!! :rolleyes:
    Ah a game shop on christmas eve - hell on earth

• Advertisement
Advertisement