Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia C7 Questions

Options
  • 24-12-2010 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi All,

Hope somebody can help me out with some quick questions, just got a Nokia C7.

1. I want to be sure that I only connect to the internet via wifi (wlan) connections. What settings should I select to be sure of this?
    2. I've tried to use the social networking app. However the phone tells me I need to download an update. Everytime I download this update, it downloads but nothing else happens, so how do I finish the process?
    3. I keep getting a flashing message saying the sim card memory is full (I expect from contacts alone as it's all I copied over), how do I delete the info from the sim now that I've copied it all to the phone.

There was one other question but I've forgotten it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Ah symbian, still having the same problems it had years ago.

But anyway,

1. If you go into settings and destinations, and delete the mobile network apns, leaving only the Wifi connections that should work

2. try using Ovi suite to update the software on the phone

3. your sim card stores 25 messages, symbian feels the need to report that the sim card is full despite it doesnt use the sim card to store messages, basically you should go into messaging, select options and go into sim card messages

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Berbatov

OK, new problem.

I've changed the settings to only allow connection via WLAN.

However, now even though the phone is connected to my wireless internet connection, when I try to connect I get the message 'conn. failed access denied' in the top left corner.

I'm sure that there are some settings which need to be changed to allow access, can anyone advise what settings need to be what?

Advertisement