Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Appeal from ISPCA regarding horses

• 24-12-2010 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Listening to Sean Moncrieff today on Newstalk drew my attention AGAIN to the poor state of horse welfare in this country. I was aware of it before and especially through last winter but this year is topping them all. The snow fall is making horses even more vulnerable and their relief is being curtailed by the weather not to mention the temperatures. They cant get to the grass (if any) with the snow fall and all the support available is required to deal effectively with the problem.

Inspired once again by the press opportunity afforded to the ISPCA on Newstalk today I made a donation and hope that you (preaching to the converted I'm sure!) will think about making a donation yourselves. Its cold out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

If there is no grass in the field it is bad alright but if there is grass horses can dig to it. Dehydration in these conditions can be serious as they won't eat dry food if they are thirst. If there is a stream/brook/free flowing water generally they are good at keeping one spot free of ice.

Advertisement