Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman dead after dog attack - bad news for listed dogs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

I didn't see any pups mentioned in the article, but a few posts above mentioned the woman taking pups? :confused: did i just miss that bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Whether or not the police had to shoot the dog it means that we will probably never know what caused it to attack. Had the dog of been allowed to live then at least it could of been professionally assessed rather that the mass of speculation that will follow.

Did the dog mean to kill or was it a warning that went wrong ?. Did it inflict a fatal bite & back off or keep attacking ?.

Turns out that the woman is a lodger & the owner of the dog appears to have done a runner - the Police are looking for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Tragic news for the womans family. It appears that the police and authorities had been previously notified about dogs at that property. Sounds like an irresponsible owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Discodog wrote: »
    Whether or not the police had to shoot the dog it means that we will probably never know what caused it to attack. Had the dog of been allowed to live then at least it could of been professionally assessed rather that the mass of speculation that will follow.

Did the dog mean to kill or was it a warning that went wrong ?. Did it inflict a fatal bite & back off or keep attacking ?.

Turns out that the woman is a lodger & the owner of the dog appears to have done a runner - the Police are looking for him.

In fairness the news said they struggled for a while to get the dog off her, that was the time to shoot it.

EDIT: Supposedly the dog was attacking her when the police were called and continued to do so for a while as the police tried to take it off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

dvet wrote: »
    I didn't see any pups mentioned in the article, but a few posts above mentioned the woman taking pups? :confused: did i just miss that bit?

It says in other articles that the other dog removed from the property was a puppy. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101224/tuk-woman-mauled-to-death-by-dog-in-lond-45dbed5.html

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Dog-Attack-Woman-Killed-In-Dog-Attack-At-A-Property-In-Wallington-Near-Sutton-London/Article/201012415867904?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15867904_Dog_Attack%3A_Woman_Killed_In_Dog_Attack_At_A_Property_In_Wallington%2C_Near_Sutton%2C_London Apparently the man has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. Really hope this wasn't a case of a 'status dog' or a 'weapon dog'. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

I wonder was he arrested on account of failing to properly control his dog (seeing as there was previous complaints from his neighbours about the dog being dangerous), or is there some suggestion that he ordered the dog to attack? If so, that would be seriously horrific :eek:

Advertisement