Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokera Boiler actin up

Options
  • 24-12-2010 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hiya live in charlesland and my Boiler is dripping a bit of water. Spoke to a plumber other day and he said keep an eye on pressure as supposed to be at 1, but now its at 3.........obviously there is no one working today. Does anyone know what to do, if its ok like that? If I bleed a radiator to release some pressure would that help? It was serviced in July this yr. Cheers !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Is it at 3 when hot or cold, I think 3 bar is the upper limit of the boiler. Also how is the system topped up. And could the feed loop be open and connected to a decent pressure water feed

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Same happened tome last week.Water pouring out the overflow, pressure over 3. Turns out when i topped the system up, I had left the valve in the hot press slightly open.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

markest wrote: »
    Same happened tome last week.Water pouring out the overflow, pressure over 3. Turns out when i topped the system up, I had left the valve in the hot press slightly open.

Same thing happened to me. Ensure the valve is shut tight in the hotpress. You then need to get the pressure back to 1. Do this by opening the front of the boiler. Just 2 or 3 screws and the front panel will open. The screws are just above the gauges/clock. Hinge at the bottom. Then you will see over on the left a red cap with a black lever. Lift/pull the lever from the bottom. It will release the pressure. Get it back to one. I have a picture on my iPhone. Stan90, PM me your email address and I'll send it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Here is the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Alternatively just drain one of your rads (small screw on the side) & the pressure will slowly reduce. Make sure you have a bucket or basin as water will squirt out when your doing this. It will save the hassle of taking the front off the boiler.

• Advertisement
Advertisement