Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Finally something of an update.
    Ok
    Sorry, but we don't really have anything as an update. The patch is sitting with Sony and we are waiting for them to approve it. As soon as it is availabel, we will let everyone know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not sure if this warrants its own thread, but I found this bit of news both saddening and awesome at the same time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-10-mass-effect-composer-explains-me3-absence
    While I loved the scores of ME1 and ME2, Clint Mansell is a very interesting choice for a replacement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Clint Mansell is a risky choice. When he's on fire, he's amazing:

But to be honest, his music for Black Swan was too heavy on Swan Lake for my liking. Which one will we get?

I'm betting (read: hoping :P ) on the Clint Mansell from 'The Fountain'. One of the most under-rated composers in film imo. Has he done games before? His music should suit them, it's usually very minimalist.

Finally something of an update.

pffft.... the games been out for a few weeks now.

I had to buy a cheap USB in Argos and backed up every hour.

pffft.... the games been out for a few weeks now.

I had to buy a cheap USB in Argos and backed up every hour.

Has it been confirmed that a backup save will actually work?

From what I read you are not given the option to resume a game after you've had the corruption glitch.

• Advertisement

Has it been confirmed that a backup save will actually work?

From what I read you are not given the option to resume a game after you've had the corruption glitch.

It seems so, going by what i was reading on the Bioware forum.
    I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.
    It should just be a case of transferring the file back onto the PS3 and deleting the corrupted file.

EDIT:By back up file you don't mean additional saves do you?.... I was transferring my saved game onto a USB stick.

I had additional files when it corrupted, and all were wiped, but just that player file.

Had a separate one from 2 hours in that remained untouched(had started before downloading the cerebus pack) which is what i played off when i restarted the second time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Clint Mansell is a risky choice. When he's on fire, he's amazing:

But to be honest, his music for Black Swan was too heavy on Swan Lake for my liking. Which one will we get?

I'm betting (read: hoping :P ) on the Clint Mansell from 'The Fountain'. One of the most under-rated composers in film imo. Has he done games before? His music should suit them, it's usually very minimalist.
    I think this is brilliant news (no offense towards Jack Wall), Mansell is an amazing composer, he was after all responsible for this piece of epicness:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

Hopefully Clint can do Mass Effect Justice. The Soundtracks from the first two games really complete the experience.

EDIT:By back up file you don't mean additional saves do you?.... I was transferring my saved game onto a USB stick.

I was referring to the save file that you copy to a USB memory stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

tman wrote: »
    Not sure if this warrants its own thread, but I found this bit of news both saddening and awesome at the same time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-10-mass-effect-composer-explains-me3-absence
    While I loved the scores of ME1 and ME2, Clint Mansell is a very interesting choice for a replacement!

Sad news, really loved Jack Walls stuff. Seemed to get better with every game.

Clint Mansell is a fantastic replacement though, of course everyone here is thinking the usual requiem for a dream :rolleyes:

But this is mass effect people! And this is the Clint Mansell we should be thinking about :

etc

I do hope that they don't just dump all the old tracks I mean there is a mass effect theme, the galaxy map, the normandy music (which I was hoping to hear again in me3, i missed it in me2) and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hope he does keep the main theme, and just does his own version of it. Would be a shame to lose it completely, as it's been there since the start.

He's a great composer though, so i have faith he'll do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah he is the perfect replacement , he knows his traditional movie score stuff as well as the electronic style stuff.

Also its interesting when a pretty well known movie composer moves to make a score for a video game.

Another thing to mention to those people you know in life that still view games as childish distractions for kids.

Next thing John Williams will be composing for big budget games.

Still with all that said I can't help but miss jack wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

His score for Moon is fantastic too, has a slight Mass Effect vibe to it at times.

Have really liked the music so far in both Mass Effect games, but if they were going to bring anyone else in I'm glad that it was Mansell.

The patch is out now on the PS3 for this.

I can finally continue on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Damn you Josey Wales, beaten by a minute! :p

Ya been steadily working away at this, have 17 hours built up, now I can plough into it! Just finished the Collector ship so will go through the rest of the loayalty missions now.

Question: I got Assault Rifle training but its burst fire??? WTF!

Hey lads, TGL posted something saying the patch has some info about the new DLC. can someone post this here (can't access the link)

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/02/21/mass-effect-2-ps3-patch-reveals-unannounced-arrival-dlc/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey lads, TGL posted something saying the patch has some info about the new DLC. can someone post this here (can't access the link)

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/02/21/mass-effect-2-ps3-patch-reveals-unannounced-arrival-dlc/
    Your link isnt working,
    edit: it is now.
    but I did see this a while ago
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/6128586

Your link isnt working,
    edit: it is now.
    but I did see this a while ago
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/6128586

Ah can't open that link either! Stupid work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Here's the text from the site
    "Oops!
    The recently released PS3 Mass Effect 2 patch has revealed the name of the game’s final unannounced DLC ‘Arrival’.
    Three new trophies included with the new patch all refer to the of DLC:
    The Ultimate Sacrifice - Complete the Arrival DLC
    Last Stand - Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho
    Covert Action - Rescue Dr. Amanda Kenson without attracting hostile attention.
    It’s safe to assume that this is the final piece of Cerberus Network DLC Bioware has mentioned a short while ago.
    Expect Bioware to lift the lid on this one sooner rather than later.
    Thanks to RPG Site."

Thanks Brian! DLC I actually won't be complainging about getting!

Can you change class mid game or just reset your skills? I picked Vanguard but the only power I use is charge and very rarely at that, plus I hate the shotguns. So I feel like a Soldier with a pistol. Wish I had picked Soldier at the start now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thanks Brian! DLC I actually won't be complainging about getting!

Can you change class mid game or just reset your skills? I picked Vanguard but the only power I use is charge and very rarely at that, plus I hate the shotguns. So I feel like a Soldier with a pistol. Wish I had picked Soldier at the start now.

You can do the re-train powers research and it will let you re-allocate the points for skills. Don't think you can switch class though.

Playing through this again at the moment (360 version for 10 euro in GAME, what a bargain :D) and its like I'm playing it for the first time again. So many things I forgot or missed since the last time I played through. Still love freezing a room full of enemies with the cryo rounds then smashing them to bits! Although for top moments, can any beat:
    "I've had enough of your disingenous assertations" *smack!!*

I managed to sink a good couple of hours into this last night. I finished the Fire Walker DLC. It was okay. Nice and short, which was good.

I also completed the mission to recruit the Warlord. That mission was a lot of fun, especially after spending the previous hour driving around in the hovercraft. I chose to
    wake the Krogan.
    Has anyone else chosen not to?

Ah had to wake him but would make ya think what would happen if you didn't and would it affect ME3.

Lads, can anyone answer an armour question? I'm using Terminus non stop. Just finished Collector Ship. Would I get better bonues upgrading my regular armour? shoulders, chest, legs, etc.?

I know Terminus gives you 10% shield and something else but I saw a list of regular armour upgrades for 5 and 10%, looks like I could build a much better armour set but wasn't sure and didn't want to waste my money if I can't.

WTF!

Starting Tali's loyalty mission. cutscene of her asking permission to board with the fleet. Cutscene finishes and black screen appears still playing music. Waited 10 mins, nothing. Able to get back to XMB so I quit the game and tried it again, exact same thing. Saw a guy posted same problem on gamefaqs and he chose a different partner other than Garrus and that worked. I picked Garrus instead of Miranda and still didn't work. On 4th attempt, I picked Zaeed and worked ok. I hope they do more testing on ME 3 for PS3!

WTF!

Starting Tali's loyalty mission. cutscene of her asking permission to board with the fleet. Cutscene finishes and black screen appears still playing music. Waited 10 mins, nothing. Able to get back to XMB so I quit the game and tried it again, exact same thing. Saw a guy posted same problem on gamefaqs and he chose a different partner other than Garrus and that worked. I picked Garrus instead of Miranda and still didn't work. On 4th attempt, I picked Zaeed and worked ok. I hope they do more testing on ME 3 for PS3!

Doesn't sound good.

I've just completed the mission to recruit the Convict. She looked a cery impressive fighternin the cutscenes. I bet she isn't that handy when you bring her on a mission.

Sheehy83, are you still playing Hot Pursuit? Friend request incoming.

Is it best to play Lair of the Shadow Broker during or after the main story?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Is it best to play Lair of the Shadow Broker during or after the main story?

After dude!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Sisko wrote: »
    Sad news, really loved Jack Walls stuff. Seemed to get better with every game.

Clint Mansell is a fantastic replacement though, of course everyone here is thinking the usual requiem for a dream :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with requiem soundtrack, very synthy in places. But there is also scope for the 'epicness' mansell brings to scores. I would hate for him to be just copying Wall just for the sake of it.

Advertisement