Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

jamezy wrote: »
    After dude!

I've looked around at other conversations on this topic and it is mixed. I like the idea of getting the bonuses on offer before continuing the main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sheehy83, are you still playing Hot Pursuit? Friend request incoming.

Nah man, traded it for TDU 2. I got to level 12 on both cop and racer, goldd in most and only small few races left. Was like they wanted you to buy the dlc to get your rank higher. Good while it lasted but got stale too quickly.

Ya, Jack def isn't the best for your squad! Just started upgrading my assault rifle, why havn't I been doing this sooner!!!! No I need to go planet mining to get my fix!

I've been playing a good bit of ME2 over the last couple of days. I completed the mission to Horizon last night. Its great that once you beat that you suddenly get bombarded with a whole lot more missions to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ScoreX

Gave a run through ME1 and 2 again, epic games, need a new one though :D

ScoreX wrote: »
    Gave a run through ME1 and 2 again, epic games, need a new one though :D

Well, new DLC called 'Arrival' heading to ME2 soon to bridge ME2 and ME3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ScoreX

Sweeet, any idea on a release date on that?

No, don't even know if it was officially announced yet but PS3 had a recent patch and it added new trophies for 'Arrival' DLC. Bioware will have to shed some light on it soon now (if they havn't already)

I just got the Assault Rifle a few missions ago. Man, this gun is awesome.

I'm playing as a Sentinel and I thought that that character class didn't get access to Assault Rifles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I just got the Assault Rifle a few missions ago. Man, this gun is awesome.

I'm playing as a Sentinel and I thought that that character class didn't get access to Assault Rifles.

Not sure how far you are, but wait until you get the Revenant - beast of a weapon to start with but loaded with cryo/inferno ammo is deadly.
    You'll pick this up when you enter the collector ship I think. You get a choice of 3 weapons and Revenant should be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Decided not to bother with ME1 as I've tried three times to get into it, but a few things put me off (the combat, the vehicle sections, the lifts, etc)...

Went and started ME2 last night. Very pleasantly surprised, the combat is much better, interface nicely streamlined. Dialogue and story seem decent so far. The only thing I think I'm missing out on is the feeling of ... history, which is inevitable given I skipped the latter half of the second game. I'd met all the characters before, but I don't have any connection to them really. Pity, but I suspect I'll get over it.

• Advertisement

Decided not to bother with ME1 as I've tried three times to get into it, but a few things put me off (the combat, the vehicle sections, the lifts, etc)...

Went and started ME2 last night. Very pleasantly surprised, the combat is much better, interface nicely streamlined. Dialogue and story seem decent so far. The only thing I think I'm missing out on is the feeling of ... history, which is inevitable given I skipped the latter half of the second game. I'd met all the characters before, but I don't have any connection to them really. Pity, but I suspect I'll get over it.

Most of the previous characters you'll meet will have a dialogue option that will give you some info about where you met them in ME1 and what happened. It won't give the full story behind them but should give you enough to form an idea of who they are and how they came to meet Shepard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

DarkJager wrote: »
    Most of the previous characters you'll meet will have a dialogue option that will give you some info about where you met them in ME1 and what happened. It won't give the full story behind them but should give you enough to form an idea of who they are and how they came to meet Shepard.

Yeah, I'd gotten far enough to meet them all in ME1 (Kaidan, the Doc, Ashley, Tali, Wrex, Garrus and Liara anyways - were there more?) so I have the basics on all them. Plus I read a plot synopsis before starting ME2 so I'd know at least what had happened (even if I'd not gotten to make the choices myself).

I think I more mean there's no emotional connection between me and the previous team members (Never thought I'd say that about a computer game character, but there you go). I try to get immersed in the games I play, and this one is doing a damn good job of helping so far. I can only imagine it would be even better had I finished ME1.

Yeah, I'd gotten far enough to meet them all in ME1 (Kaidan, the Doc, Ashley, Tali, Wrex, Garrus and Liara anyways - were there more?) so I have the basics on all them. Plus I read a plot synopsis before starting ME2 so I'd know at least what had happened (even if I'd not gotten to make the choices myself).

I think I more mean there's no emotional connection between me and the previous team members (Never thought I'd say that about a computer game character, but there you go). I try to get immersed in the games I play, and this one is doing a damn good job of helping so far. I can only imagine it would be even better had I finished ME1.

You can still get an attachment to the characters in this one. Having played ME1 to completion, I can't say any of the characters from the first were in my mind when I started ME2, but it was interesting from the perspective of hearing characters talk about them and what happened them. Can't say they played anymore part than that so it didn't ruin any of the immersion for me.

Talking to Joker about the "old days" and "old squad" will get you up to speed fairly quickly on where everyone from the original squad went.

Ya, when I unlokced the assault rifle as a Vanguard it was class. Switched to Gethe pulse rifle for auto fire and went mining planets for iridium to update it. Nearly have the AR fully upgraded and i'm just ripping through enemies. Addicted to mining planets now as well!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, when I unlokced the assault rifle as a Vanguard it was class. Switched to Gethe pulse rifle for auto fire and went mining planets for iridium to update it. Nearly have the AR fully upgraded and i'm just ripping through enemies. Addicted to mining planets now as well!

The Shrike Abyssal and Hades Nexus are 2 places well worth going for your mining (think you will need to purchase the star charts to get them on the map).

Hades alone has one planet (Gei Hinno or something like that) that has 6000 element zero on it alone ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Addicted to mining planets now as well!

I honestly never thought I see anyone admit to this. I thought mining was the most god-awfully boring part of the game.

Sarky wrote: »
    I honestly never thought I see anyone admit to this. I thought mining was the most god-awfully boring part of the game.

I quite enjoyed it for the sake of a diversion, and it was pretty essential if you wanted the full research and upgrades available. Saying that I wouldn't scan every planet just for the sake of it, only Moderate, Good or Rich where you're guaranteed to get massive spikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It was, but it was also addictive as hell. Finished up with about 400-500k of everything except element zero which was about 60k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Stuff like that, I can get a little OCD about it.....and indeed I did. I entered a galaxy, I mined ALL the planets until they became depleted. Pain in the ass, but I had to. My body wouldn't let me stop doing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd agree. It's not as bad as Mako driving in the first game, but anytime i play it now, i just cheat and add a **** ton of minreals. On my first play through, i did it properly, but can't be arsed on subsequent plays.

• Advertisement

I don't mind the scanning too much. I completed
    The Shadow Broker
    so I'm making use of the survey charts. Very handy.

Don't get me wrong, it's not fun or anything, especially as I love just getting stuck into the missions but being able to see my upgraded AR in use is well worth it. Also, I get a kick out of scanning a planet and finding a random mission!

If you upgrade armour, does it apply to the DLC armour you wear? I'm just always in the Terminus armour so don't know if I should upgrade or not.

I'm nearly at the end game now. What is the best armour to use. I have all the DLC armour that game with the PS3 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Bought this yesterday, just waiting til I finish off a project before I get stuck into it... I have a feeling I may be playing this for quite a while :D

I've just recruited
    Tali
    and I want to do her loyalty mission before continuing the main story. The only problem is I'm not being given the option. Every time I want to talk to her she says she is busy.

I haven't much else to do apart from going to go get the
    Reaper IFF

**EDIT**

It's okay. I found a mission on an unscanned planet. When I completed that the loyalty mission opened up.

I've just recruited
    Tali
    and I want to do her loyalty mission before continuing the main story. The only problem is I'm not being given the option. Every time I want to talk to her she says she is busy.

I haven't much else to do apart from going to go get the
    Reaper IFF

**EDIT**

It's okay. I found a mission on an unscanned planet. When I completed that the loyalty mission opened up.

I think her misson only becomes available after the collector ship. You can still do all the loyalty/side missions after the collector shipt before continuing the story to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Bought this yesterday, just waiting til I finish off a project before I get stuck into it... I have a feeling I may be playing this for quite a while :D

Finally said fcuk it to my project and started playing this last night at around 2 and only getting to bed now... I have a long way to go yet and have a lot of exploration ahead of me but by christ its immense. I can see this lasting me well past Easter and probably into the summer

At 23 hours I no have a full loyal crew (except there is one empty space, Legion I think?) Gonna do the dlc missions and N7 missions before goingg on to the last bit of the game.

I'm 40 hours in now and have just one squad member to become loyal.

• Advertisement

Need some advice here. I have all members loyal and DLC misions done (except for shadow borker). Next story mission is to head to IFF. Do ye think I should do the N7 missions 1st? Will they bring consequence in the next game or thye just for levelling up? I've upgraded all I want to and at level 23 at the moment. I'll be playing again after it to get level 30. Just don't know if i should head to IFF cuz i want to have this cleared before arrival comes out!

Advertisement