Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Need some advice here. I have all members loyal and DLC misions done (except for shadow borker). Next story mission is to head to IFF. Do ye think I should do the N7 missions 1st? Will they bring consequence in the next game or thye just for levelling up? I've upgraded all I want to and at level 23 at the moment. I'll be playing again after it to get level 30. Just don't know if i should head to IFF cuz i want to have this cleared before arrival comes out!

I just finished this over the weekend. I was a Level 28 Sentinel by the end.

I had all my crew loyal before going for the IFF. I had done all the DLC including Shadow Broker. There are probably a few missions I didn't do because I haven't scanned every single planet.

There is no need to do all the N7 missions before the IFF. You can always go back to them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah thanks Josey, thats what I forgot to ask, if you can do the missions afterwards. I heard the IFF is the point of no return but if thats so, how are you supposed to do shadow broker and Arrival (when it comes out)? So Josey, after you cleared it, can you still go round mining planets and doing missions?

Ah thanks Josey, thats what I forgot to ask, if you can do the missions afterwards. I heard the IFF is the point of no return but if thats so, how are you supposed to do shadow broker and Arrival (when it comes out)? So Josey, after you cleared it, can you still go round mining planets and doing missions?

I've just spent the last hour doing some mining and exploring planets. Didn't realise I'd missed so many N7 missions. So go ahead and finish the story with no worries.

The Shadow Broker will be waiting for you.

I've just spent the last hour doing some mining and exploring planets. Didn't realise I'd missed so many N7 missions. So go ahead and finish the story with no worries.

The Shadow Broker will be waiting for you.

Ah thank you man!! I really didn't know what to do about it! Full steam ahead now onto IFF to finish the main game and start shadow broker!! Best game i played in ages! Now if only i can get around these ngiht shifts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Goddamn it.

Finished it and she didn't royde anyone. :(

• Advertisement

Goddamn it.

Finished it and she didn't royde anyone. :(

hahahah wonder when you get a last chance to 'chance'. Guess they're just not as loose as Ash!

Naw, I just wanted some scissor me timbers. :pac:

Tried it with Kelly, but the minge teasing fecker left me high and dry.... :(
    My only options were two aliens and a guy with the. personality of an android. Tried it on with Samara, but she's too wily....I'm starting it again with man shep and totally making moves on Miranda. Oh bebe!

Naw, I just wanted some scissor me timbers. :pac:

Tried it with Kelly, but the minge teasing fecker left me high and dry.... :(

ahahahahahah brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

**** this **** im still playing ME1 :P dicking around with help from the wiki on my 2nd play through, looking out for outcomes I can be happy with when I pop in ME3.

The Mako did get pretty boring and all but they didnt have to remove it completely. gosh.

Overheal wrote: »
    **** this **** im still playing ME1 :P dicking around with help from the wiki on my 2nd play through, looking out for outcomes I can be happy with when I pop in ME3.

The Mako did get pretty boring and all but they didnt have to remove it completely. gosh.

Much prefer mining planets and firewalker in me2. Dev said tho they got a lot of people hating mining planets so will be looking at something different for me3.

• Advertisement

I was watchingsome ME2 vids and there was one from the Overlord DLC:
    You control Joker as EDI gives him instructions what to do

When the hell does this happen? I finished that mission with paragon, great ending, bit baffled by that vid.

Much prefer mining planets and firewalker in me2. Dev said tho they got a lot of people hating mining planets so will be looking at something different for me3.

It's a decent Idea, but VERY time consuming. Further upgrades on the scanner would have been nice.

I was watchingsome ME2 vids and there was one from the Overlord DLC:
    You control Joker as EDI gives him instructions what to do

When the hell does this happen? I finished that mission with paragon, great ending, bit baffled by that vid.

That part of the game is not in the Overlord DLC.

You will get to it. I don't want to spoil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Traded in Black Ops over the weekend to get this and I'm glad I did. The game has been excellent so far and looks like its only going to get better. The last time I completed a single-player game was when Heavy Rain came out and its mostly multiplayer games I've been playing since. I've a feeling though I'll be playing ME2 for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Okay I did... a lot, last night, in ME1. Quite done with mining minerals. WHY do we have to mine minerals? I dont know. It makes little sense. I'm a SPECTRE, not an errand boy. I didn't even really resent the Mako and got very good in handling it, but I did resent having to drive out to the goonies to pick up a piece of cobalt. Wouldve took me even longer if I hadnt used the maps on the MEwiki

That part of the game is not in the Overlord DLC.

You will get to it. I don't want to spoil it.

aaaaahhhhhh I see, thanks man, thought i missed something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Overheal wrote: »
    Okay I did... a lot, last night, in ME1. Quite done with mining minerals. WHY do we have to mine minerals? I dont know. It makes little sense. I'm a SPECTRE, not an errand boy. I didn't even really resent the Mako and got very good in handling it, but I did resent having to drive out to the goonies to pick up a piece of cobalt. Wouldve took me even longer if I hadnt used the maps on the MEwiki

In ME2 you need the minerals for upgrades, in ME1 however, the only reason to mine is to earn credits and you get an achievement once you get the specified amount for each type (20 heavy metals etc). Once I got that amount, I stopped bothering, I already had more credits than I could spend by that stage. Definitely one of the stupider and more tiresome aspects of both games.

Adyx wrote: »
    In ME2 you need the minerals for upgrades, in ME1 however, the only reason to mine is to earn credits and you get an achievement once you get the specified amount for each type (20 heavy metals etc). Once I got that amount, I stopped bothering, I already had more credits than I could spend by that stage. Definitely one of the stupider and more tiresome aspects of both games.

Mining is well worth it in ME2. I stayed well clear till I unlocked the assault rifle and noticed the difference after upgrading it a few times. now i have most of my equipment upgraded and it was def well worth minin gthe planets, especially since there are 20 N7 missions that can pop up from scanning planets.

In my current career I've got about 200,000 units of all the minerals bar Element Zero. I only have about 80,000 units of that.

It was well worth it. Every time I had the option to upgrade I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

In ME2 it is worth it definitely. You don't need all that much though. I've completed the game at least 5 times now and each time I had an excess of minerals. In my latest play-through, I've just completed the final main mission and I still have about 130,000 Iridium and Palladium, 50,000 Platinum and 15,000 element Zero and that's having bought and researched every upgrade. I still have a lot of the missions you get from scanning planets left to do as well. In fairness I had a 5,000 bonus for each mineral starting off because I imported an ME1 save, but still it can be such a waste of time if you obsess over it. Also, you get a 50,000 bonus (afair) when you import an ME2 save which pretty much covers you for element zero.

Edit: If this thread is solely about the PS3 version, I apologise, I don't know if you can import saves on the playstation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

PS3 I reckon.

Love the game myself, mining is a tedious drag but it's worth it for the upgrades.

thread is for all platforms, just happens to be new for us ps3'ers. finally starting the
    suicide mission!!

just finished it....so epic!

only got shadow broker and random n7 missions to complete. Can' wait to see the weight of the decisions in ME3!! So glad this came to PS3!!!!!

just finished it....so epic!

only got shadow broker and random n7 missions to complete. Can' wait to see the weight of the decisions in ME3!! So glad this came to PS3!!!!!

How did it work out for you?

I managed to
    save my whole team
    and I chose to
    destroy the Collector base

Does anyone know what the ramifications are if you hold off on going through the Omega 4 relay after the
    Normandy is attacked by the Collectors and the crew is taken
    ?

How did it work out for you?

I managed to
    save my whole team
    and I chose to
    destroy the Collector base

Does anyone know what the ramifications are if you hold off on going through the Omega 4 relay after the
    Normandy is attacked by the Collectors and the crew is taken
    ?

I
    saved the whole team, destroyed the bas and Tali got it good!

You know the trophy for getting to level 30, in the medals in your captains cabin, does that show 0/30 all the time? im level 25 and worried if i go for this i wont get it cuz its glitched or something.

Just what a brilliant game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

It shows 0/30 all the time even after you reach level 30, it's the same on the 360 version. the trophy will still unlock.

Clover wrote: »
    Yes it shows 0/30 all the time even after you reach level 30, it's the same on the 360 version.

phew, thanks man. now, wonder will i get 5 levels just doing side missions!

1 other thing, I need to get the insanity trophy as well. do yaa know if i start again, can i just leg it through, not do the loyalty missions, don't care if everyone dies at the end, just want to clear it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

I'm playing through that run now and I'm going to skip alot to get there , have a look here for some tips.

phew, thanks man. now, wonder will i get 5 levels just doing side missions!

You might make it level 30. After you beat the game you get bonus XP for every mission you do after beating the game. I did the Shadow Broker DLC during the main story and it was worth about 1500XP so you should get way more for doing it after the story.

If you don't reach level 30 just import your character into a new game and the trophy will unlock after the first couple of story missions.
    1 other thing, I need to get the insanity trophy as well. do yaa know if i start again, can i just leg it through, not do the loyalty missions, don't care if everyone dies at the end, just want to clear it?

I haven't decided if I am going to go for the Insanity trophy yet. If I do I will be doing the minimum number of missions required.

Another Trophy I'm missing is Paramour. I didn't want to cheat on Liara from the first game so I missed out on this trophy. I do have a save file I can go back to just for this though.

• Advertisement

Clover wrote: »
    I'm playing through that run now and I'm going to skip alot to get there , have a look here for some tips.

thats a great guide! gonna use it for the n7 missions 1st (now i dont have to wonder the galaxy looking for them!).

Double xp? class, will just start on shadow broker so 1st.

Advertisement