Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Double xp? class, will just start on shadow broker so 1st.

Not quite. I think it is more like 25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

woops dunno where i got double from haha

Well, thats it!

Finsihed the shadow broker (how brilliant was that!) and al the n7 missions. have all the trophies except insanity mode. I heard if you start insanity mode, then load a save from a game on a different setting, it can glitch the trophy. Might wait til Arrival is released and attempt insanity after that then.

Been a long time since I cleared a game completely and still made for some missions to do!

I love Mass Effect 2. It's amazing the small things you can do in ME1 that affect ME2. Played the first over, doing things different and now doing my second runthrough of ME2 with the character from previously. One small thing is in ME1, if you point a gun in the face of Conrad, the guy who asks loads of questions, he makes an appearance in ME2 at the Eternity Lounge on Illium, basically tying to do exactly what you did to him - pointing guns in people's faces.

Really hope decisions you make in ME1 bleed into ME3 - the Rachni hopefully makes an appearance again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I heard if you start insanity mode, then load a save from a game on a different setting, it can glitch the trophy.

Some people's brains are just broken. Isn't this like stealing the First Prize trophy from a trophy shop?

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Some people's brains are just broken. Isn't this like stealing the First Prize trophy from a trophy shop?

mmm no, I meant that if I start a playthrough on Insanity mode and half way through, Arrival is released, then I will want to play that continuing on from my 'normal' mode career. I heard the trophy glitches if you load any other career that is not insanity.

Dunno if I will wait tho, mad to just play more of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Does anyone know what the ramifications are if you hold off on going through the Omega 4 relay after the
    Normandy is attacked by the Collectors and the crew is taken
    ?

This is a serious spoiler so don't read it unless you really want the answer:
    Kelly and the rest of the crew are killed and processed while you watch helplessly.

Man, insanity mode is no joke!

Did you import your character from your first play through into your Insanity run? I've read that doing that makes the start of the game even harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

You got that right , if you or your team are not behind cover you won't last long. the one thing that insanity mode shows up is your squads inability to remain behind cover , that leads to you (me) having to go it alone most of the time.

I'm almost finished Archangels recruitment mission but had to take a break from it as he keeps getting killed near the end :( .

• Advertisement

Thats the funny thing, I picked new game with brand new character #(femshep renegade, miles miles better voice acting and renegade is way more fun than paragon!!) but when I started, I had to pick a squad power to use and had 50,000 of all elements. I didn't check the weapon storage to see if that moved over and I didn't check what level im on. I thought new game didn't import anything. Anyway, ya constantly telling miranda to get cover and then she wonders out, try to use her power on some one but it turns into a move arrow and she runs at a tech. Rediculous when you finish a section of guys, a new wave of them arrive! armor shields krogan and dog things!

The new ME2 DLC has been confirmed for March 29th.

That is much sooner than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

To have different story lines in ME3, do you have to have completed ME2 with different characters?

I have, so far, completed ME2 twice - once as, mainly, paragon - and once as almost completely renegade. Both were done with the same character though. Not in terms of going from the one save file, but the first completion was do with an import of Shep from ME1, and the second was done with an import of Shep from the completed ME2 game.

Will i have two different Sheps to import in ME3 (Level 28 or so paragon and a Level 50+ renegade)? Or do I have to start a completely new ME2 game to have more than one save?

To have different story lines in ME3, do you have to have completed ME2 with different characters?

I have, so far, completed ME2 twice - once as, mainly, paragon - and once as almost completely renegade. Both were done with the same character though. Not in terms of going from the one save file, but the first completion was do with an import of Shep from ME1, and the second was done with an import of Shep from the completed ME2 game.

Will i have two different Sheps to import in ME3 (Level 28 or so paragon and a Level 50+ renegade)? Or do I have to start a completely new ME2 game to have more than one save?

I don't think you'll find out the answer to that until Bioware start talking more about ME3 closer to the release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

If you have 2 different save games, you should be able to use both, just like ME2.

EDIT: Just realised what you said, sorry. I doubt they'd be so short sighted as to let that happen.....I'd imagine you can use one or t'other!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Re Arrival

Mass Effect 3, "Arrival" will see Commander Shepard "sent to the edge of the galaxy to rescue an undercover operative who may have evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion." Admiral Hackett (voiced by Lance Henriksen) will make a return appearance.

\o/

I have never been so excited about DLC haha

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Seeeeeee I don't know that I should be buying ME2 yet. I mean, it's 20 bucks. And I know it will go on sale sometime before ME3 comes out, because thats what ****ing happens. Whatya think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

For X-Box?

Man, if you haven't got it, get ME1 first, it really is worth it for the story, decision making and importing of characters. Plus I got it for 10 squidlies.

id say get it straight away. I played through the 1st one on PC to get a feel for the story. Was okay, I cleared it in 10 hours (didn't bother with the side missions). ME2 was miles better, spent about 37 hours on it, every possible mission finished on it!

Good to play the 1st one to get a feel for the universe but the PS3 has a backstory comic covering the 1st game, not sure if thats out for xbox yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

id say get it straight away. I played through the 1st one on PC to get a feel for the story. Was okay, I cleared it in 10 hours (didn't bother with the side missions). ME2 was miles better, spent about 37 hours on it, every possible mission finished on it!

Good to play the 1st one to get a feel for the universe but the PS3 has a backstory comic covering the 1st game, not sure if thats out for xbox yet?
    The first one came out on the Xbox so I don't think it's needed. It's so cheap now, it's probably cheaper than a comic.

The story in the first one is better (in that there actually is one) but without a doubt, ME2 plays so much better and it feels like less of a chore doing some missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

for PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah its on PC too.

Would you have enjoyed ME2 as much if you had not played through ME1 though?

ME1 is weak in a lot of gameplay areas and general pacing, but the universe and story set up is excellent and while ME2 has fantastic gameplay etc I deffo would not have enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I did continuing my character on from me1.

Also Overheal, unless you really enjoy horrible bottom barrel voice acting, pick femshep for the best experience possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

medium_tumblr_lhlwrb36v41qhflgao1_400.jpg

Preview on Arrival. Makes it sound a bit meh but I'll still be getting it as soon as its on PSN!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/24/mass-effect-2-arrival-dlc-preview/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Adyx wrote: »
    The story in the first one is better (in that there actually is one) but without a doubt, ME2 plays so much better and it feels like less of a chore doing some missions.

Couldnt agree more, Loved the polish/feel of ME2.

Any idea on how much the DLC is gonna set us back?

Couldnt agree more, Loved the polish/feel of ME2.

Any idea on how much the DLC is gonna set us back?

It will be either 6 or 7 euro. I don't mind paying that if we get the same quality as shadow broker.

On the PSN store today, its a joke the price of the dlc for games like Hot Persuit, TDU 2 and Assassins creed. Ass brohood maybe worth it if you will play the MP as much as the SP but still 10 euro is a lot. I feel I was completely burnt with Undead Nightmare for RDR. 20 quid and its so boring clearing out towns, I can't see myself finishing it. Worst PSN purchase I made yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Undead Nightmare cost me less than a fiver on xbox live? Great deal I thought

Sounds average from the article above but nice to see another Mass Effect dlc, I've downloaded the Shadow Broker but not got around to playing it yet, gonna give the whole game another playthrough so I'm as well to wait until I get this one as well.

Got to disagree with a few posts above as well, I thought the first game was great, gameplay isnt quite as refined or polished as the 2nd game but for overall immersion and epic storyline it beats the 2nd game. I played every side story and explored every planet which was a bit of a chore but overall a great game well worth playing in depth instead of just rushing through for the story

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Haven't played this in a while due to work but got into it again last night. Mission I've to do now is the Reaper IFF, but have to do a good few loyalty missions first (Jack, Kasumi, Grunt, Morodin, Samara, Jacob, Thane, Zaeed, Tali, Legion too whenever he pops up).....

Woohoo! have loads left to do \0/

Accidentally did the Shadow Broker mission last night before all of them too :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Completed everything in the game about a month back. Shadow Broker DLC left to last as well (made the most sense to me plotwise to leave it last).

Now with the Arrival DLC coming this week, I'm torn as to what to do. My playthrough didn't go great. Here's why:
    I got Kelly Chambers and half the crew killed by mistake. Did just one mission over the allowed timeframe between the ship attack and going after the collectors. Had one too many loyalty missions to wrap up.
    So do I go back and get it done properly for a perfect playthrough going into the DLC, or just re-do it before ME3?

Advertisement