Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I hope they bring some of the RPG elements back from ME1.

Not going to happen i'm afraid. Considering how well it was recieved/sold, i'd say the third game will be pretty much identical in gameplay, with a few minor additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I think a middle ground ground between 1 and 2 would be an almost perfect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kiith wrote: »
    Not going to happen i'm afraid. Considering how well it was recieved/sold, i'd say the third game will be pretty much identical in gameplay, with a few minor additions.

Probably not.
    But one can hope!
    I think a middle ground ground between 1 and 2 would be an almost perfect game.

Agreed, thats what I would be hoping for however unlikely it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The Arrival is up now on the PSN. 563MB. I'm downloading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Arrival is up now on the PSN. 563MB. I'm downloading it now.

Yupp, been trying to get it for 20 minutes but keeps saying cred card is invalid even tho its not! Changed the details in the billing info but no joy. so typical man!

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, been trying to get it for 20 minutes but keeps saying cred card is invalid even tho its not! Changed the details in the billing info but no joy. so typical man!

Thats weird. I had to update my card details today too. It must have been a while since I've bought something on the PSN.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Save your money people; it's about €6 for approx. 1 hour's gameplay. Pretty rubbish gameplay at that. And before people say "But it's more Mass Effect!", it's really not. The action plays like a bad custom mod, and the "story" actually flies against the whole point of Mass Effect.

Well looks like I won't be playing it anytime soon! Rang BOI and my card is fine. I tried entering my card details on the psn store on the laptop and it says invalid card as well. If Sony don't want my money, I can't force em!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

pixelburp wrote: »
    Save your money people; it's about €6 for approx. 1 hour's gameplay. Pretty rubbish gameplay at that. And before people say "But it's more Mass Effect!", it's really not. The action plays like a bad custom mod, and the "story" actually flies against the whole point of Mass Effect.

Have to agree with this, very disappointed. I'd go further and say it actually ruins what little story is left. Also why do Batarian helmets have only two eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Well looks like I won't be playing it anytime soon! Rang BOI and my card is fine. I tried entering my card details on the psn store on the laptop and it says invalid card as well. If Sony don't want my money, I can't force em!
    There's always PSN cards if you really want to get your Mass Effect on.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got my enw xbox last week and picked up Mass effect 2 for a tenner in HMV.

Got my old copy of ME 1 from a friend and forgot how unbelieveablely good and immersive this game is. Cant wait to get onto the second one, but starting again making my unstoppable Vanguard to transfer over to ME2 :)

I just finished the Arrival. I don't think €7 was too much to pay. It was not as good as The Lair of the Shadow Broker but it was cheaper so what would you expect? It took me about and hour and half to beat.

There is a couple of elements to the story that I didn't enjoy.

The player isn't given the choice as to whether to activate the project or not. I'm not sure that I would have made that decision.

I don't like the prospect of being court marshaled in the third game. I wonder if this is they way they are going to reset your characters abilities and level in the next game.

One plus point is that this DLC too me to a level 30 character in one playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I just finished the Arrival. I don't think €7 was too much to pay. It was not as good as The Lair of the Shadow Broker but it was cheaper so what would you expect? It took me about and hour and half to beat.

€4.88 on PC :D Still, I would have been quite happy without it.

Adyx wrote: »
    €4.88 on PC :D Still, I would have been quite happy without it.
    Dont suppose someone has a link to, or the info on how muh the DLC that has been released to date will cost on the PC?

I played it a year ago and uninstalled the Collector's edition on PC. Am really interested in playing through the first one for the third time and the second one with all the DLC too, back to back.

Dont suppose someone has a link to, or the info on how muh the DLC that has been released to date will cost on the PC?
    Found it. This could get expensive
    http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc
    Hmmm. Do these things ever go on special offer?

Anyone get the trophies for Arrival?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Found it. This could get expensive
    http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc
    Hmmm. Do these things ever go on special offer?

They don't really change in price iirc. But you can do without most of them. Assuming your bought it new (and have the Cerberus Network), you should get the below DLC's. The rest are just weapoms/costumes. These one's have decent stories, and some have additional party members.

Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival.

Anyone get the trophies for Arrival?
    I got one of them. It was the one for completing the DLC.

The other two I assumed I wouldn't get because I didn't manage to do what was required. I tried to survive all those waves of enemies but I didn't last long enough. I was nearly at the end,
    I'm assuming the end was when the blue bar filled up completely. It was just about to hit the top when that big Mech finally killed me.

Just finished Arrival. Ya it was short but I still enjoyed it. Guess i'm a sucker for Mass Effect now! All trophies got so just need to get insanity trophy for Platinum (that will take a while!)

1st look at the details of ME3 will be coming end of April

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/296012/news/mass-effect-3-ps3-details-coming-april/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just finished Arrival. Ya it was short but I still enjoyed it. Guess i'm a sucker for Mass Effect now! [...]
    Hmm I don't agree with that cos that's my problem with the DLC - it wasn't Mass Effect. The game forced you into taking a pretty fecking massive action without any choice or option to do otherwise;
    Shephard doesn't question the necessity of vaporising 300k people, he just accepts it and you're made to play through this decision
    - it not only flew in the face of ME's gameplay, but specifically my Shephard, who I always played as a galactic good-guy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How many DLC packs are available for the ps3 version?

Oh ya, forgot to say what I thought of the story! I'm just happy to be be playing new ME but ya the story was really non ME!
    Can't believe he just wiped out that many people and no decision in sight!
    I'm sure its a major step to ME3 but still, was very strange to be forced to do it

How many DLC packs are available for the ps3 version?

ME2 on the PS3 comes with these installed: Kasumi: Stolen Memory, Ovrlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker. You get a Cerburus code to download ammo & armour pack and Zaeed the mercenary. You can but other ammo, armour and clothes packs as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ME2 on the PS3 comes with these installed: Kasumi: Stolen Memory, Ovrlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker. You get a Cerburus code to download ammo & armour pack and Zaeed the mercenary. You can but other ammo, armour and clothes packs as well.

Nice,I'm tempted to buy it,I already have the pc version though :-/

Nice,I'm tempted to buy it,I already have the pc version though :-/
    I kinda was tempted too. I love the PC version and like the fact that you can transfer over your save game from the first one. That's the main reason why I haven't bought the PS3 version. dont think I will, unless it goes really really cheaper than it already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmm I don't agree with that cos that's my problem with the DLC - it wasn't Mass Effect. The game forced you into taking a pretty fecking massive action without any choice or option to do otherwise;
    Shephard doesn't question the necessity of vaporising 300k people, he just accepts it and you're made to play through this decision
    - it not only flew in the face of ME's gameplay, but specifically my Shephard, who I always played as a galactic good-guy.
    I disagree.
    We didn't get a choice with that final part of the DLC, because there was no option. Destroy the relay, or the Reapers arrive and get access to every species and homeworld in the universe within a couple of minutes. Destroying the relay will set the Reapers back a couple of months, if not a year or two.

As my Shep said, he had to sacrifice 300,000 lives, to save trillions more. If he didn't destroy the relay, there'd be no Mass Effect 3. Game over. Everyone would be screwed. Governments don't believe in the Reaper threat, and they'd be caught totally off guard.

Shepard tried to save the Batarians. (Mine did, anyway). But, comms were down, so he couldn't do anything.

Obviously the impending Human/Batarian s**tstorm will be a big plot line in ME3

Ya, it was only a setup for ME3 but its still weird cuz usually for that kind of an impact, you would have to make a decision. I'm mad to see how ME3 is handled. All set on Earth? I'm sure the Batarians will be plenty piissed off with you, enough to start war. I doubt there will be loyalty missions. Guess I should head off to the ME3 boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just finished ME2 there. Kind of surprised how short it was.

Way too easy as well - pushed it up to Vet after a few hours.

I seem to have done everything I possibly can (opted to continue the game after the end) with a clock time of 50 hours - I really thought there'd be more to do but every world I can see is 100%.

I bought some map charts on Illium once to open more world, can more be bought anywhere else? (I could possibly have purchased them without realising).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just bough arrival there - going to give it a go now.

(Low expectations though!)

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Just bough arrival there - going to give it a go now.

(Low expectations though!)

Ya, it's no Shadow Broker dlc but it does set the mood somewhat for ME3

Advertisement