Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, it's no Shadow Broker dlc but it does set the mood somewhat for ME3

Meh, probably just about worth it.

One thing:
    I renegade actioned Kenson when she whipped out her explosives, therey interupting her mid speech. Would she have said anything different/lived if I hadn't shot her?
    Survived the onslaught no problem thanks to the Arc Projector kicking ass (even the mech) but had no idea it was possible to reach kenson without killing anyone so didn't get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

noodler wrote: »
    Just finished ME2 there. Kind of surprised how short it was.

Way too easy as well - pushed it up to Vet after a few hours.

I seem to have done everything I possibly can (opted to continue the game after the end) with a clock time of 50 hours - I really thought there'd be more to do but every world I can see is 100%.

I bought some map charts on Illium once to open more world, can more be bought anywhere else? (I could possibly have purchased them without realising).

I'd guess they had plans to have more available to purchase for dlc etc but didn't use them. There was a specific mention of various merchants selling star charts but that one on Illium is the only one, which I thought strange given the way it was featured.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Adyx wrote: »
    I'd guess they had plans to have more available to purchase for dlc etc but didn't use them. There was a specific mention of various merchants selling star charts but that one on Illium is the only one, which I thought strange given the way it was featured.

Thanks for the clarification.

Hmm almost, regret carrying on after I finished it - I think it would have been better to start a new game with the character.

Maybe I will try it with Femshep, would have to start from scratch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

noodler wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification.

Hmm almost, regret carrying on after I finished it - I think it would have been better to start a new game with the character.

Maybe I will try it with Femshep, would have to start from scratch though.

You can still start a new game with the same character if I remember correctly. You can do it at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Getting ready for ME 3, I'm thinking about giving Insanity a proper go. Only have the 1st mission done and it was a pain in the hole. Then other games came out so ME 2 went on the shelf.

Anyone here done Insanity mode? Is it possible to do by just sticking to the main quests and not recruiting anyone? Don't care about suicide mission, even surviving it myself, just as long as the game says it's cleared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Anyone here done Insanity mode? Is it possible to do by just sticking to the main quests and not recruiting anyone? Don't care about suicide mission, even surviving it myself, just as long as the game says it's cleared.

Didn't find it too hard on Insanity. I did it with the same character that I did my 1st playthrough, but I heard ME2 is actually easier on Insanity with a brand new character.

I don't remember it being too difficult, some sticky parts during the suicide mission and on the derelict reaper, and I think the Collector ship was a bit of a pain too, apart from that, I only got stuck at the beginning with those guys, the Vorsha, cause their health regenerates rapidly.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Didn't find it too hard on Insanity. I did it with the same character that I did my 1st playthrough, but I heard ME2 is actually easier on Insanity with a brand new character.

I don't remember it being too difficult, some sticky parts during the suicide mission and on the derelict reaper, and I think the Collector ship was a bit of a pain too, apart from that, I only got stuck at the beginning with those guys, the Vorsha, cause their health regenerates rapidly.

Thanks man, did you find you had to do the loyalty missions to get the squad strength up to complete it? Really wanna skip as much as I can.

Thanks man, did you find you had to do the loyalty missions to get the squad strength up to complete it? Really wanna skip as much as I can.

Ya I skipped most stuff, as I was hoping to fail the last mission, so I could see the ending where Shepard dies, but I kept flipping surviving it, I was completely unable to get everyone killed during that mission.

Like any game on the hardest, there are gonna be some hellish bits, but its totally doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

you have to recruit a certain amount of team mates otherwise the last mission wont unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Getting ready for ME 3, I'm thinking about giving Insanity a proper go. Only have the 1st mission done and it was a pain in the hole. Then other games came out so ME 2 went on the shelf.

What class were you playing? Recommended classes for insanity are Soldier or an Infiltrator.

I did a run on insanity using a fresh character, infiltrator class. Insanity is doable but there will be much swearing at points :-)

Especially for one or two of the reaper fights when the Praetorians show up.
    There will be points where is is easier just to let your squad die and do everything yourself.

• Advertisement

Ya, recruiting the minimum is fine, I just don't wanna do their loyalty missions. I think I was Van Guard, started a new game + previously. Might start a new game with soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Yeah one of my main fears of doing insanity is not being able to get past that Praetorian part on that human colony mission - fcukers!!! I found it hard enough on the second-hardest difficulty :(

Yeah one of my main fears of doing insanity is not being able to get past that Praetorian part on that human colony mission - fcukers!!! I found it hard enough on the second-hardest difficulty :(

That took ages on Insanity...I was going mad.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Doing this on insanity now. Have all my crew and 3 loyalty missions. I just did the mission on the derelict reaper ship. My god was it hard.

TBH, it gets easier after the derelict ship, especially if you're a soldier and picked the Revenant machine gun on the derelict ship and you have the accuracy implant.

It's all worth it though when that platinum trophy pops up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Never got round to finishing MA2, likewise so many more games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just started this not sure what to make of it. I'm only a short bit into it. Still getting to grips with the commands and so on. Even came across my first bug and it must happen to other people as a quick Google and someone else had the same issue didn't even search anymore to see if others had it. My team were shooting an invisible enemy and the fix was reload a check point. Luckily the check point was right beside where I was. I hope it's not a common thing as I played Mass Effect 1 recently and you can cover a lot of ground without saving so hopefully it's not too bad of a issue going ahead.

Advertisement