Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Congratulations to everyone picking this up. You're going to have a great time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

This is one of those times I wish I had one of those Men In Black memory wipers so I could replay ME2 fresh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Got it for 50 in smyths, was absolutely sickned to see them selling the xbox version for a 10. Need to clean up my hard drive for that 6 gig install.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Picked it up in Gamestop. RRP is €49.99 but I traded in Assasins Creed: Brotherhood, Enslaved and Red Faction Guerilla and got it for a fiver. :)

Played about an hour so far and it seems fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Picked it up in Gamestop. RRP is €49.99 but I traded in Assasins Creed: Brotherhood, Enslaved and Red Faction Guerilla and got it for a fiver. :)

Played about an hour so far and it seems fun.

You got 45 euro for Brotherhood, Enslaved and RF Guerilla? :eek: Thats just wrong. I knew Gamestop were getting bad with trade-in value but my God, thats awful. I find HMV does the best trade-in value these days.

Anyway, enjoy the game man, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Lucky, that sounds crap alright xbox for tenner! Fair play to Bioware making the most outta ME2.

• Advertisement

Loyalty question.

I heard you have to keep everyone loyal for the ending mission. What happens if you fail a loyalty mission and they become dis-loyal. Anyway to get em back. Does it affect the ending that much? As little spoilers as possible please. :)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Loyalty question.

I heard you have to keep everyone loyal for the ending mission. What happens if you fail a loyalty mission and they become dis-loyal. Anyway to get em back. Does it affect the ending that much? As little spoilers as possible please. :)

That question cannot be answered without spoiling vital parts of the game. Let's just say - Loyalty Good.

You got 45 euro for Brotherhood, Enslaved and RF Guerilla? :eek: Thats just wrong. I knew Gamestop were getting bad with trade-in value but my God, thats awful. I find HMV does the best trade-in value these days.

Well RF is pretty old at this stage and I think I only paid a tenner for it about six months ago so I didn't expect much more. I got Enslaved as an Xmas pressie and I would have thought it would have fetched more than €9 but I think I heard somewhere that Gamestop or somebody else were selling it for €15 second hand so I was never going to get too much. And I thought €32 was pretty good for Brotherhood as it cost me €45 on release day in November and I sunk about 30 hours into it.

So not great over all but far from abysmal.

Well RF is pretty old at this stage and I think I only paid a tenner for it about six months ago so I didn't expect much more. I got Enslaved as an Xmas pressie and I would have thought it would have fetched more than €9 but I think I heard somewhere that Gamestop or somebody else were selling it for €15 second hand so I was never going to get too much. And I thought €32 was pretty good for Brotherhood as it cost me €45 on release day in November and I sunk about 30 hours into it.

So not great over all but far from abysmal.

aaahhhhh, the other 2 brought it down then. Still crappy to trade in 3 games and still have to back it a fiver. I was looking through my games to trade in for this and rang a few places checking. 5 euro here, 6 euro there. I honestly might as well hold onto em for that price. I was actually offered 1 cent yes 1 f*cking cent for Resident Evil: Dark Chronicles for the wii at 1 Gamestop. Even the girl behind the counter was embarrassed.

EDIT: Gamestop Facebook just announced they are selling ME 2 for xbox for 6 euro. Kick in the balls for PS3 owners haha

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

aaahhhhh, the other 2 brought it down then. Still crappy to trade in 3 games and still have to back it a fiver. I was looking through my games to trade in for this and rang a few places checking. 5 euro here, 6 euro there. I honestly might as well hold onto em for that price. I was actually offered 1 cent yes 1 f*cking cent for Resident Evil: Dark Chronicles for the wii at 1 Gamestop. Even the girl behind the counter was embarrassed.

Just posted on Gaming Bargains. 6 euro brand new on Gamestop website
    http://www.gamestop.ie/30269_Xbox_360_Mass_Effect_2_Xbox_360_.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

where/how do i access the interactive comic?

I can't seem to find it

donfers wrote: »

I can't seem to find it

It is part of the main game. Just start a new game and it will automatically start at the appropriate time after 10-15 minutes of gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just posted on Gaming Bargains. 6 euro brand new on Gamestop website
    http://www.gamestop.ie/30269_Xbox_360_Mass_Effect_2_Xbox_360_.aspx

Hell yes. Now I have to go pick it up again this weekend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

DarkJager wrote: »
    Hell yes. Now I have to go pick it up again this weekend! :D
    Only on the website I think. Best get a move on. I cant imagine it will be there for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

donfers wrote: »

I can't seem to find it

Do you need to download the Cerberus pack first before the comic will play?

Lads, would it be very nerdy getting a Mass Effect Hoody? :D

http://biowarestore.com/s.nl?sc=13&category=1378&it=A&id=977&fromsla=T&whence=

media.nl?id=2024&c=862287&h=1361426c15e497eddb47

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Lads, would it be very nerdy getting a Mass Effect Hoody? :D

I quite like it... You could get away with it as long as it doesn't have any mass effect logos. The majority of people won't know what N7 means, and the people who do get it will most likely love it too!

Including delivery to Ireland, its 78 dollars which is 57 euro. Very tempted to make a purchase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I teamed up with one housemate to get that hoody for the other for Christmas. It's quite nice indeed. Tiny little Bioware logo on the left sleeve.

Sarky wrote: »
    I teamed up with one housemate to get that hoody for the other for Christmas. It's quite nice indeed. Tiny little Bioware logo on the left sleeve.

Nice, did it take long to arrive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Less than 2 weeks, I'm not totally sure because it arrived on Christmas eve and we were all on the other side of the country. Poor bastard didn't get it until January.

Just got my copy, good ol' HMV gave me 12 euro for Infamous. Good value seeing I paid 15 euro for it 5 months ago!

Anyway, stuck at work so won't get a chance to play till tonight!

Rael wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if I have the correct contents or should I go back to HMV looking for an instruction manual?

Manuals serve one purpose.

They just need to be kept as a gateway to trading in the game.

Who reads them anyway?(unless its a sports game where there are loads of buttons and no instructions in game)

Manuals serve one purpose.

They just need to be kept as a gateway to trading in the game.

Who reads them anyway?(unless its a sports game where there are loads of buttons and no instructions in game)

Yup, I just got safety mini manual and most importantly the cerburus network code!! I'm sure the game will tell you how to play during the opening missions.

After the huge install and then downloading the cerburus pack, I didn't get a chance to play this last night. Can anyone tell me once the pack is downloaded, does the comic just kick in during the opening sequence or do you have to go into extras and read it there 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

After the huge install and then downloading the cerburus pack, I didn't get a chance to play this last night. Can anyone tell me once the pack is downloaded, does the comic just kick in during the opening sequence or do you have to go into extras and read it there 1st?

The comic will kick in automatically about 10 mins or less into the game.

I had to restart my game because I began my first play through without downloading the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Argos were selling it on Xbox for €10.

Was going to run into town today.

Just saw the sale on GameStop.

Hey its a €2 saving! :D

i'm reading a lot of complaints on the official forums about the game freezing on PS3. Bioware said they were investigating and replied with saying you should play the game offline. This helped some people but a lot saying the game is constantly freezing and corrupting their save file. Hope it runs smooth for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Shoulda got it on PC :p

• Advertisement

Sisko wrote: »
    Shoulda got it on PC :p

Hahaha you goooowwll :D

Ah some guy said he had a 5 year old 60gb fat ps3, just like mine, and he hasn't come across one freeze in over 30 hours. Hopefully i'll be okay and will come back reporting that its waaaay better than the PC version, hopefully start a flame war!

Advertisement