Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    i'm reading a lot of complaints on the official forums about the game freezing on PS3. Bioware said they were investigating and replied with saying you should play the game offline. This helped some people but a lot saying the game is constantly freezing and corrupting their save file. Hope it runs smooth for me!

I haven't had it freeze on me yet. But I will back up my saves periodically just to be sure.

I didn't have a weird moment when I was walking around
    Modin's clinic
    . Shepard floated into the ceiling and I was stuck until he eventually fell down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't had it freeze on me yet. But I will back up my saves periodically just to be sure.

Modin's clinic
    . Shepard floated into the ceiling and I was stuck until he eventually fell down.

Josey, was it something liek this?

Josey, was it something liek this?

Yep. More or less exactly like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just finished mass effect 2 on PC and it is such a good game :D Shame I missed out on the first one tho :p

One major flaw I noticed in the game is that while the game + in game cinematics look great in 1080p the pre rendered cutscenes look really bad (an example of this is when the ship is passing through a mass relay station) :mad:

Console users wont notice this since the ps3 and xbox 360 do not render the game in 1080p. Instead the consoles upscale the game which does not look that bad.

There was one really annoying glitch I once encountered - and it was the only one I ever did. I'm not fully sure if it was in ME1 or ME2, but I had to kill all enemies in a room before I could open a door, but one of my companions and force pushed one of the enemies.. right in to the wall - as in inside the wall, like in the video clip posted, but he was stuck there and my bullets wouldn't kill him. I had to resume a save that was an 1 1/2 hours old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i was considering getting this game but after playing the ps3 demo i was completely thrown off it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Modin's clinic

This has actually happened to me three or four time on the PC so far soaring up into the celing or stuck in walls etc (Playing through at the moment), so obviously a few existing bugs have made there way into the revised engine. Never fell out though so I had to reload, luckily I am a regular saver (of games not money :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

No bugs yet but i'm really liking it so far. It cuts out the the things that bugged me about dragon age, there' not to'ing and fro'ing with talk to this person, then go to this guy, minimal loading screens and your guy actually talks. Very tempted to dust down the 360, see does it still work and get ME1. combats a bit meh but story\characterwise its pretty f'in good.

Havn't been able to play much but i will be lashing into it tonight. I found it freezing during the customize armour screen alright, noticed other people saying the same. It would come back after 5-7 seconds so not game breaking, just hope I don't get any problems during gameplay. The dragon age armour is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

What difficulty are you all playing on? I tried starting off with 'Insanity' and I was doing well until the mission where you have to rescue the Krogan - kept getting my ass kicked by the shotgun wielding Krogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Havn't been able to play much but i will be lashing into it tonight. I found it freezing during the customize armour screen alright, noticed other people saying the same. It would come back after 5-7 seconds so not game breaking, just hope I don't get any problems during gameplay. The dragon age armour is class!

Definately happens when you flick to squad status, can think of worse bugs. so am in a dilemna at the moment, baldy doll or the doll from chuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

selling the xbox version for a 10..

No way!?! Just finished ME1 the other day, No excuse not to pick up ME2.. nice 0ne!

I've been tackling the DLC first in my play through. I went to the
    Normandy crash site
    but it wasn't that interesting.

I then went and did the Zaeed loyalty mission. I thought that was pretty good. Short but fun. It had the first big renegade/paragon choice I had to make. I'm curious of the outcome had I chosen differently.

I'm currently doing the Overlord DLC. I'm not enjoying the hovercraft sections at all but it isn't as bad as the Mako from ME1. There is no tutorial or prompts to tell you what buttons do what with the Hovercraft so I missed a couple of minerals because I didn't know you could scan the ground with the hovercraft. The on-foot sections are good. They have a creepy vibe, especially on the
    crashed Geth ship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Do you have to download the DLC & ME1 Comic from PSN or is it already on the disc. Would like to play the DLC but can't due to no internet.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Do you have to download the DLC & ME1 Comic from PSN or is it already on the disc. Would like to play the DLC but can't due to no internet.

You have to download it from the PSN. You get prompted to do so as soon as the game loads up. The download pack is 700mbs. Maybe someone else can tell you if you can download it at an internet cafe and then transfer it onto a usb maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

You have to download it from the PSN. You get prompted to do so as soon as the game loads up. The download pack is 700mbs. Maybe someone else can tell you if you can download it at an internet cafe and then transfer it onto a usb maybe??

I've got ME2 on the 360(with ME1 too) though of switching over if it had the DLC. Oh well hope PS3 owners are enjoying it as much as I & everyone else did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

No way!?! Just finished ME1 the other day, No excuse not to pick up ME2.. nice 0ne!

Or get it for €8 delivered on gamestop.ie

How the hell do i look through the Fornax mag???? :pac:

Enjoying this much more than ME1, just wondering around a lot more. Excellent so far. Plus, much better that Shep can still be a bad azz with Paragon instead of a little biitch like someplaces in ME1.

Has anyone had ME2 crash on them and had their save files corrupted?

I saw the story on Kotaku and began reading the official Bioware forums. A lot of people have lost their save games. I've been backing my save file up to a USB stick often but I'm unsure if that will help if I get the same issues that some people have had.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Worse than that it could corrupt your HDD

link to EDGE article

Think I'll hold off getting this for a while

• Advertisement

Jaysus!! I saw I only have 1 save file but multiple save points in game. Bioware are saying to use multiple slots but i'm guessing you can only have 1 save file anyway?? Im gonna start copying the save file onto usb after every game. Really worrying hearing its corrupting hdd's. I spent 3 hours on it last night on Omega just doing all the little quests and getting zaeed, archangel and the professor.

spoiler about id ofArchangel,
    how class was it that it was Garrus, brilliant mission!!

penev10 wrote: »
    Worse than that it could corrupt your HDD

link to EDGE article

Think I'll hold off getting this for a while

I'm afraid to stick mine on now.

I went 22 hours without a hitch, but just as i was finishing up last night it crashed on the load screen in between mission end - Normandy.

I don't believe it.....

I made that last post tongue in cheek expecting it to be like the YLoD(I have a 60 GB, you hear of peoples going but at the same time realise your only hearing from the people that have had it happen)

Put it on there and the only game thats remaining is the one i played for around 2hrs before restarting when i downloaded the comic.

22hours down the ****ing drain... this is beyond acceptable, a game you can't finish because it will crash at some point and back up saves will disappear too :mad:

I don't believe it.....

I made that last post tongue in cheek expecting it to be like the YLoD(I have a 60 GB, you hear of peoples going but at the same time realise your only hearing from the people that have had it happen)

Put it on there and the only game thats remaining is the one i played for around 2hrs before restarting when i downloaded the comic.

22hours down the ****ing drain... this is beyond acceptable, a game you can't finish because it will crash at some point and back up saves will disappear too :mad:

Sorry to hear that.

22 hours! Will you start again?

Sorry to hear that.

22 hours! Will you start again?

I suppose but they're saying basically to avoid playing it.

TBH if i could get a refund i would, it's not acceptable that after buying it you can't even play it(technically).

It seems to happen all too often now since consoles were released with online as standard. They release games in terrible condition and fix them a few weeks after. It's seldom now you find a game that comes out in proper working order.

Lazy standards are becoming the norm', a widespread loss of earnings through refunds might go towards it becoming a thing of the past.

I can handle Fallout type problems where you need to reboot the game.
    But it's not acceptable that after ONE crash your whole profile gets wiped, especially considering its on offline game with no other.

Maybe it's not as widespread as I'm thinking, but it crashed as i finished up last night, i read the stories today, boot it up and the file's corrupted.

I kept additional saves to the auto one, all were wiped and i'm left with a seperate file 1 hour in.

It's a real game killer for me, i was looking forward to finishing it and playing it again down the line, that's ruined now since it's going to be imprinted in my head having to re-do 20hours to get back where i was.

I'm going back to playing Little Big Planet 2 until Bioware patch Mass Effect 2. It just isn't worth playing more of it only to lose my save.

I'm seriously pi$$ed off with it.

This is the official Bioware response
    Hello everyone.

We are aware that a small group of Playstation 3 users are getting corrupted saves while playing Mass Effect 2. We are aware of the issue and we are working on a patch to fix it. This issue is caused by too many level transitions within a single gaming session. Players who play for an extended period may encounter this issue.

In the mean time, there is a very simple work around to prevent this issue. Simply restart your game every few hours. By shutting down and restarting your game, you will not encounter the corrupted save issue.

So take a break from Mass Effect2 by shutting down your game, say hello to your loved ones or take the dog for a walk and then restart and keep playing.

I hope it works.

Sorry to hear that Gilberto, real sickner! Agree with everything ya said about games being released in shoddy states. Back in the PS2 days, a game had to be finished perfect (almost) or not at all. Devs get lazy with a 'we'll fix it if problems occur' kind of attitude. I backed save file up to USB but anxious to play it in case it corrupts the HDD. Today, when the game loaded up to the main menu it was stuttering. I noticed I was online so I pressed PS button to get to XMB to log off and it was just going in slow motion. When I finally got back to the game it was running grand but I thought it was goosed for a second! Ubi would def want to sort this fairly lively!!

This is the official Bioware response

I hope it works.

That is tripe tbh.

The session it crashed on me last night was my shortest one. I wasn't playing for longer then an hour.

So they expect me to spend 20hours playing to where i was again to have it happen a second time along the way?..... I'm not touching it again.

TBH if it crashed a few times on me before it corrupted then i'd consider it bad luck.
    But one crash and i got a corrupted file?... that makes me think one crash again will yield the same result and crashes aren't exactly rare in any game.

I've a feeling this is more prevalent then they're letting on, and that fix is bull anyway as that last session i had was short enough.

I REALLY want my money back out of principle :(

• Advertisement

That is tripe tbh.

The session it crashed on me last night was my shortest one. I wasn't playing for longer then an hour.

So they expect me to spend 20hours playing to where i was again to have it happen a second time along the way?..... I'm not touching it again.

TBH if it crashed a few times on me before it corrupted then i'd consider it bad luck.
    But one crash and i got a corrupted file?... that makes me think one crash again will yield the same result and crashes aren't exactly rare in any game.

I've a feeling this is more prevalent then they're letting on, and that fix is bull anyway as that last session i had was short enough.

I REALLY want my money back out of principle :(

I'd say if you show the shop the official response on their website, you should get your money back. Did you post on the official forums?

Advertisement