Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

class! might still order one meself! Just on Horizon at 11 hours. Was holding back playing for long stretches of time until the patch is released.

I havn't done any mining yet, when is a good time to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    class! might still order one meself! Just on Horizon at 11 hours. Was holding back playing for long stretches of time until the patch is released.

Never......
    Em, I mined all the planets as I went to them and other Galaxies. I entered a new Galaxy, I mined all the planets in it. I'm a little OCD sometimes. Bored the hell out of me. It's the worse aspect of that game. But something inside me told me to keep going, because the reward would be great in the end. The stuff you get from mining planets goes a long way to getting you some upgrades for weapons and your ship.

here's the hoodie here
    media.nl?id=2024&c=862287&h=1361426c15e497eddb47
    http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-hoodies/n7-armour-stripe-black-hoody
    Tempted myself, but the gf will not be impressed if I spend that much on a hoodie that is game related.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Tempted myself, but the gf will not be impressed if I spend that much on a hoodie that is game related.

What I like about the hoodie is that you'd only know it was game related if you were familiar with Mass Effect, so you could always just lie!

Now. I won't say why, but
    it's vital you mine and upgrade your ship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Now. I won't say why, but
    it's vital you mine and upgrade your ship
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. You best mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't played in a week now. I'm waiting on the patch because I don't want to risk having my save corrupted.

I wish they would hurry.

I haven't played in a week now. I'm waiting on the patch because I don't want to risk having my save corrupted.

I wish they would hurry.

Ya this is turning into a joke now.
    Apparently backing up your saves to a USB stick works fine. I don't have one and i'm not going out spending E10+ on one, i shouldn't have too.

I taught the patch was out when i saw this thread was updated, they said nearly a week ago they were sending the patch to Sony for verification, they either lied completely or their ****ty fix didn't work.

How long is it out now 3 weeks?.... and still not playabale :mad:

im keeping an eye on the official forums, bioware staff seemed to have stop posting since the patch announcement and people aren't happy. Ah i'll do a bit of mining so before the last mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Finished this last week. It froze on me twice after the 40 hour mark and I bricked both times but thankfully the saves didnt corrupt.

So when's the next one out?:D

im keeping an eye on the official forums, bioware staff seemed to have stop posting since the patch announcement and people aren't happy. Ah i'll do a bit of mining so before the last mission.

Same I've been checking it every day, not a post in a week now. Very poor form. You wouldn't get away with this **** in any other business, selling a shabby product then providing next to no information :mad:

• Advertisement

game is going well weird on me. over 11 hours in. 2 missions ago, on the normandy, i checked squad screen. it froze for about 30 seconds. when it came back, screen was black but the object highlighter on top of the screen was still there. I quit the game and reloaded, all fine. Just finised The Quarian mission, back on the ship and used the elevator. After loading screen, screen was all blue except for certain graphic blocks that had rainbow stripes. I could still move around but was fooked. Only playing for an hour. Gonna turn it off for the night tho.

Just got an e-mail from
    Billy
    . I'm interested to see where this goes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Finished this last week. It froze on me twice after the 40 hour mark and I bricked both times but thankfully the saves didnt corrupt.

So when's the next one out?:D
    One playthrough:eek:, get back in there mister and don't come back until you've done it at least once more

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

One playthrough:eek:, get back in there mister and don't come back until you've done it at least once more

Ha i will dont worry.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

If you haven't played with Jennifer Hale voicing shepard you haven't played mass effect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

I'm gonna start playing this today. Should i wait for all the downloadable content to finish downloading before i start a campaign?

There's weapons and armour, Zaeed, firewalker pack, normandy crash site and other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

gnolan wrote: »
    I'm gonna start playing this today. Should i wait for all the downloadable content to finish downloading before i start a campaign?

There's weapons and armour, Zaeed, firewalker pack, normandy crash site and other stuff.
    Lair of the Shadow Broker is a great one to do AFTER you finish the game. It's better as a postscript game especially if Liara was your ME1 love interest.
    Zaeed is a handy guy to have for the final stages of the game and his loyalty mission is pretty.
    Firewalker & Overlord are very very meh so I'd avoid them unless you really want them.
    Normandy Crash site is short but nice to do if you played the first game. It's full of very bittersweet memories.

gnolan wrote: »

You should wait. If you start before the DLC is installed you won't get access to the interactive comic.

Another update from Bioware.
    Because you asked so nicely, here's a post.

I don't really have any news though.

(I'm working on Mass Effect 3 at the moment, so I'm not entirely in the loop)

Folks should just keep in mind that patches take time to make and pass certification.

On the Xbox I once had a patch in certification for several weeks, and that was without any resubmissions.

Generally patch certification is pretty fast but the speed is a bit variable depending on what's being patched, what else is going through cert, if any resubmissions need to occur, etc.

I understand the frustration (I've lost many hundreds of hours from destroyed saves in games I've played over the past couple decades), but please have patience.

The commitment to release a patch was made, and patch notes listed.

It's just a matter of time.

It doesn't really say much though. Still no indication of how long the patch will take or if it is even with Sony for certification.

Any tips on a good way to level up as a Sentinel?

I'm thinking of putting my points into 'Warp' and 'Defender'. I don't think I will level up 'Throw' too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just finished it during the week.

THAT WAS AMAZING.

Still annoyed about one part though.
    I got the IFF and then did Legion's loyalty mission. Turned it off for the night. Loaded it up the next day, straight into cutscene and I'm like WTF!? Collectors take the crew, and I choose to do my last loyalty mission (Mirandas) and then go save them crew, because I wanted everyone loyal. Half of them died, and I had to watch Kelly melt. :( I just figured activating the Omega 4 relay was when the in-game timer would start. :(
    Kept my team alive during the suicide mission though!
    Thought Project Overlord was very well done, the end of it was intense. Heading on to the Shadow Broker DLC now!

• Advertisement

Thought Project Overlord was very well done, the end of it was intense. Heading on to the Shadow Broker DLC now!

Be careful doing Shadow Broker, from reading the ME forums it was the place the game crashed for a lot of people more so then other parts.
    Another update from Bioware.

It doesn't really say much though. Still no indication of how long the patch will take or if it is even with Sony for certification.

Ya it's kind of a joke now. I didn't mean for the week as i had Dead Space 2, now i'm finished that i'm getting more restless for the patch.

Decided to start again last night after losing 21 hours play 2 weeks ago, I've been turning it off every hour or so following the initial advice(I'm skeptical about as when i lost my save i wasn't playing for longer then 2/3 hours and a lot of that was spent with the game paused which would bring me down to around the 1 hour play mark)

Made back up the ground i lost in 8 or so hours rushing through the levels and skipping speech scenes, hoping it doesn't crash again.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Just started playing mass effect 1 on steam. Finished 2 on ps3 the other day and loved it, wanted to experience the full story, but im finding the gameplay terrible. Its probally because mass effect 2 played so well, but some of the combat just feels really bad. Im just going to stick the main storyline, not going near any of the side quests.

Ya, I played through ME1 on PC before getting ME2 on PS3. Just stuck to the main missions and cleared it in about 10 hours. On Me2, About 30% through the main missions at 12 hours. I just wish the patch would be released so I can lash into this for hours on end. Don't wanna risk pushing it too much and loosing my save file!

But ya, ME2 gameplay is miles better than the 1st!

Ya, I played through ME1 on PC before getting ME2 on PS3. Just stuck to the main missions and cleared it in about 10 hours. On Me2, About 30% through the main missions at 12 hours. I just wish the patch would be released so I can lash into this for hours on end. Don't wanna risk pushing it too much and loosing my save file!

But ya, ME2 gameplay is miles better than the 1st!

I did read on the Bioware forums that a player had their save corrupted after less than 30 mins of play time. I was just playing less than an hour at a time but now I might just leave it. I'm 13 hours in and I really don't want to lose that save file.

ah thats balls, thats why i'm not pushing it too much at the mo. I sh*t it everytime it freezes on the squad screen!

Is there supposed to be one more DLC released before ME3?

Is there supposed to be one more DLC released before ME3?

Yes. There will be one more piece of DLC released to bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Just started playing mass effect 1 on steam. Finished 2 on ps3 the other day and loved it, wanted to experience the full story, but im finding the gameplay terrible. Its probally because mass effect 2 played so well, but some of the combat just feels really bad. Im just going to stick the main storyline, not going near any of the side quests.

Similar here bought ME I and finally turned on my box after 3 years. Took me a while to get used to the combat after ME II's. Too many bloody weapons too in 1 and there was alot of running around. That bloody driving around thing droving me insane. There is a huge diff between 1 and 2, 1 had waay too many weapons and there was too much bloody running around, howver it did make me realise the missions and area's in 2 were a bit small and weapons were pretty limited. If 3 was a mix between 2 and 1 in level lenght and weapons, it would be an unbelievablty good game.

I'm not bashing 2 i absolutely loved it but 1 made me realise some of 2 was a bit short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

I have played Mass Effect 2 on the 360 a few times so I'm in no rush to finish the PS3 version of the game, but I got one hell of a scare about 45 hours into my first playthrough when the blu-ray drive in my 40gig started acting up .

Already backed up my game save to usb at around 30 hours of gameplay so at least I would not have lost it all but I'm now backing up around every hour just in case.

Even with it's flaws on the PS3 it is a super game .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Clover wrote: »
    I have played Mass Effect 2 on the 360 a few times so I'm in no rush to finish the PS3 version of the game, but I got one hell of a scare about 45 hours into my first playthrough when the blu-ray drive in my 40gig started acting up .

It wasn't this weird message that popped up when you went to start the game, it'd basically crash straight away and give a message about checking the disk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

It wasn't this weird message that popped up when you went to start the game, it'd basically crash straight away and give a message about checking the disk?

No weird message, at first I had played for a few hours and then on the last part of Mordins loyalty mission the character audio stopped but I still got to finish that part of the game, then the system locked up when the game was loading the next part.

Tried to start the game again but the PS3 would not reconise a game disk or a blu-ray film , restarted the system after a few hours and got to play again for around 30 minutes, then I got a " cant read disk error " .

Transfered the save to another PS3 and I was able to load the last auto save and continue from there.

Advertisement