Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got a Zune HD?

• 24-12-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

If so what are your thoughts on it? I'm on the look out for a new MP3 player after my 80gb Zune died. Gave me three years of good service and was a great player so I'm thinking of replacing it with the next model.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Yea I got a 32 gig last year. I love it. I have 4 zunes now and I will buy more if I can me mitts on them. I think microsoft have given up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I've had a 64 Gb for about a two weeks now, and so far, great!

I'd been fawning over one for ages and recently a friend was in America for a while so I got him to pick me one up. I got him to get me the AV dock as well which at first I was worried about but turns out to be a great investment (for me anyway) Set up is really simple, watching shows/movies is so handy. I tend to download a fair bit of HQ tv shows, now I can watch an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm on the train in to college, then come home and pop the Zune in the dock and watch another on the big screen! The connection options are plentiful so it's easy to plug your music collection into any high end system and get the most out of it.

Asides from the lovely dock, the lovely software is a big winner for me. The Zune media player has been my main music software for quite a while now so managing and syncing my music between desktop and device has been extra simple, a big plus for someone with an appetite for music. It's worth mentioning at this point that my previous mp3 player was a simple drag and drop device (Sansa Clip) so the benefits of software integration might be exaggerated on me. That said as a Zune user already you probably already use the Zune software right? Well why change!?

I haven't been using the player all that much out and about yet since college finished up last week and that's generally when I'm on the go. What use I have got out of it I found the UI a little tricky at first but ultimately pretty rewarding to use. I have a smartphone so I don't really care if it doesn't do everything an iPod Touch can do, I just want it to be a music player, apps are for phones!

I haven't managed to get the Zune Marketplace working yet (haven't tried) but as far as I'm aware it is possible with a few tricks. Considering how happy I am now, that would be the cherry on top.

So in conclusion, you may have gathered that I'm a bit of a Zune fanboy (even though it's my first) but I'm really happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone. I've seen it said consistently that people see them first they always say "why didn't you get an iPod?" then after a few minutes with it everyone tends to agree that it's an awesome bit of kit that's really great at what it does. That's been my experience anyway, I hope you decide to take the plunge too!

Advertisement