Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In 5 years tiiiime....

Options
  • 24-12-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭

Where do you see yourself by Christmas 2015?

Career, married, babies, abroad?

If all goes to plan I'd be half way through my intern year :) Still in Ireland probably freezing my ass off!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Awesome job, awesome degree (perhaps having done, in the process of doing or planning to do a masters), awesome place to live.

Also married to Davidius.

Ok, more realistically:
    Hopefully I'll have my degree, and a somewhat decent job and place to live (at least not having to worry about money anyway).

Also married to Davidius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I could be walking in the zoo with the sun shining over me and you.

In seriousness I honestly haven't a clue. I've a year and a half left of college, and I don't have a clue what I want to do. I'd love to have done a Failte Ireland course and be working as a chef, or working in a bakery. Hopefully I'll have done travelling and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Degree finished, either doing a PhD or working in an job I'm interested in.

Hopefully, if I do the PhD, I'll have enough of a stipend to pay rent, and if I get a job, I'll be out of here (Well hopefully before, but I'm being realistic...) the second I get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'll be 20 (wow that sounds old to me, I want to stay in my late teens forever), if all goes to plan in my third year of college...doing what exactly, I'm not so sure anymore. Hopefully I'll be fairly happy, that's all I want anyway. :)

And probably very very cold like now, but hopefully in a Christmassy mood because by God, I feel like Scrooge himself here.

slow show wrote: »
    I'll be 20 (wow that sounds old to me, I want to stay in my late teens forever)

:eek: I'll be 24 nearly 25. Now that's old!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Same :(

I want to have travelled a good bit by then. I'll already have worked for 3 months abroad on placement in Africa or Asia and hopefully had a few summer trips or maybe interrailing if money allowed.

I can definitely assure that I will not have any kiddies at that stage :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'll be 22, nearly 23.. :P I don't have a clue what I wanna be.. I want a dog that's white though and who waves at me every day. :o And erm.. I want a house with a pool for me to swim in, yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Taking a year off before college so in 5 years time, I will be a year away from finishing me degree course, and thinking about my masters.

Not a hope of kids!

Married, no.

Abroad, hope not..

I think being abroad would be fairly good, I think it'd be pretty cool to go live in the US or Canada rather than just stay in Ireland.
    Ireland always seems too small and unimportant IMO, also just seeing so much people just living their entire lives in the same area they grew up without ever actually trying to go off and do something with themselves, it's pretty depressing (probably more a rural thing).

Unfortunately I think I'm pretty much limited to English-speaking places tbh, any attempts I've made to get any kind of understanding of a second language have failed hard, I think a lot of Europe would be awesome if the language barrier wasn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

This reminded me of this btw.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well that song is now stuck in my head :P

I'll hopefully have my degree by then, but it's still a long road to becoming fully qualified, assuming I don't change my mind along the way!

But from watching Along Came Polly, it's safe to say that actuaries eventually end up married to Jennifer Aniston so I imagine something like that will happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think I'm pretty much limited to English-speaking places tbh, any attempts I've made to get any kind of understanding of a second language have failed hard, I think a lot of Europe would be awesome if the language barrier wasn't there.

I thought you knew atleast 3 languages ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Masters/Phd

Graduated, probably with a job.
    At the moment I'm thinking: "Get a good job; do the postgrad and research later". I want to be financially independent as soon as possible, you know?

I'd probably think about marriage around then or maybe later, but it's hard to plan that sort of stuff obviously.
    I'd definitely hope to have my own place by then, hopefully owning it.

I thought you knew atleast 3 languages ;) :pac:

Unfortunately they aren't spoken much as a first language ;_;.

Also you made a pun that wasn't about penises, I'm so proud of you. Maybe there is more on your mind than male sex organs. >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'll be 23, hopefully doing a Masters in Balliol College in Oxford. :) Even if it doesn't work out by then, it will some day. <.<
    Or if I decide not to bother with a Masters I could be in King's Inns (if I can afford it by that stage, same goes for the Masters really) and hopefully not be as poverty-ridden (:pac:) as I'll most likely be. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I will be 24, will be struggling on nearly no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

All going well, I'll have finished my degree and internship at that point, so I'll be Dr. bythewoods...
    SICK. Like, genuinely eughhh

Or else, I'll still be an intern (As I'm really considering doing an integrated masters in Biomedical Engineering after 3rd year... let's never leave college yahhh)

Either way, I'll be old, wrinkling and probably still stressin' the small stuff.
    I'll also still, more than likely, be a big ledge though. BIG LEDGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Never thought about it. Now I realise I have no ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

I would love to have finished college, and be making serious head way in organising a move abroad preferably Australia :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

DOLE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Married with 5 kids is my plan :D

Seriously though, I'd like to be living away from home, somewhere with a studio/big room where I can do my artsy business, with a degree in art, and some really good memories with me :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ehhh 20, Id be 3 years into college, or 2 if I took a year out thing.
    Ive no idea what I want in my life and thb Im just gonna take it as it comes. I know some people say you should have goals in life but what if you really want to accomplish something but couldnt and then imagine how horrible it'd feel..
    So yea Imma take everything as it goes, I dont even know my plan for tomorrow yet :)

Also Queenie this was a thread last year :P I think Daysha made it coz I lawled over how Id still be a teen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Probably doing a master's, haven't fully decided yet. If not more than likely I'll be looking for a job, maybe the economy won't be as bad as it is now.

Hopefully I'll have travelled a bit too, so many places to see and things to do :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Well, clearly this bakery myself and Kate have been talking about will be a major success at that point. MAJOR!

Honestly, I've no clue where I'll be. I'll be 26, turning 27 in just over a week. I could be someway (hopefully quite a way!) through a PhD, I could be finished a masters and working in the area of it (like medical physics), I could be working in the finance-y area (like as a trader, something quants-y, etc), I could be working in a completely unrelated field that uses the skills of my undergrad.. or not. God knows. It'll be awesome though. :D As for the non-careery stuff? I'm fucked if I know. I'd like to build my own house (well, not physically build it myself, but you know what I mean!) and it'd be cool if I could do it around that age. :) Oh, and it'd be nice to be surrounded with awesome people while all that is happening. \o/

Oopsy: 5 kids in 5 years? :P G'luck! :pac:

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Well, clearly this bakery myself and Kate have been talking about will be a major success at that point. MAJOR!

We really need to get to work on that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

All things going to plan I'll be in college in Dublin doing law or law and french or english or english with something else (still working on the whole course thing) and making serious business decisions about my future and that. Ideally I will be more clear about this when the time comes... Oh and travelling! I'd love to have done a year abroad by then, and have had experiences in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Oopsy: 5 kids in 5 years? :P G'luck! :pac:

Well I'm having 15 in total, so gotta have a plan yano :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Well I'm having 15 in total, so gotta have a plan yano :P

Jeez, you better get started! :P

Advertisement