Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In 5 years tiiiime....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Jeez, you better get started! :P

Has anyone informed Midnight of all of this? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Jeez, you better get started! :P
    kateos2 wrote: »
    Has anyone informed Midnight of all of this? :P

Spare a thought for me please :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

In all seriousness (I never do serious :pac:) I'd be finished college (because any course I wanna do are 4 years) and I dunno about doing a postgrad/masters, etc, because I'm even unsure about what course to do yet, like. I'm kinda stuck between Business/Social Work/Lots of other stuff and it's severely confusing 'cos like Sixth Years halfways done already and all. :/ But yeah By like 25/26 I'd like to have a job, then build a house (Like Aoibheann I wanna have it built myself so I can chose everything in it. I <3 houses!) I want it to be brown stoned on the outside with like 5 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, a dining room and 4 bathrooms. Then a pool outside (possibly..). Oops I forgot to mention I wanna live in America. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Spare a thought for me please :( :P

Not up for the task? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Not up for the task? ;)

I will be, if that counts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It's scary to speculate tbh, it all goes how I hope it will, I'll be in 5th year medicine in NUIG. Not a clue how life will be like for me then, I hope it's good! I'll be 22 that October, how very odd!

And it all depends on what I do this year. *grabs paper bag*

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I'm going to be 27 by then! Which is a scarily large number, the kind that demands you to have some idea of what you're going to do with your scrap o' human consciousness. I should ideally be well on my way towards sorting my life out and/or bodily failure, but we'll see. Intimidating stuff, this Future Plans business.

If all goes well I should have my degree finished, and I'll be certified as Cork's most incapable physicist. :p Physics was a compromise... I do really like it, but it's never been what I want to work at. I love drawing and designing, and I want to get so much better at it. My parents don't really see its worth or at least the likelihood of my finding a job out of it, so I agreed to get a more traditional, stable degree first. So with that out of the way, the plan for the next few years is to try and find a great art course, find some way of affording it, and to work really, really hard at improving.

Easier said than done, though. I really hope I'm not just imagining an amazing future as a means of escaping an unpleasant present, without ever acting on anything. I've got to work towards it!

As for the other stuff, I have absolutely no idea! It's still a long way off, if it is at all, and everything else is still too tentative for it to merit any serious consideration. o.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I will be 24, hmm. Will have my Arts degree in English and Maths anyway (I'll have that when I'm 20).

From then on I have nothing planned. I could go onto teaching, but it doesn't interest me one bit. Don't even know why I did an Arts degree in the first place.

Since this is all speculation, I'm going to dream a little: :D

- I'd like to have a well payed job, or perhaps an entrepreneur. Obviously difficult during these times, but maybe I'll come up with a simple invention that'll save everybody the pain and misery of everyday life. Though I think they already call it alcohol. :D

- A nice, spacious house. Nothing too dreamy like a mansion, just something comfortable. And it needs a games room. I have a well planned out room that involves a dartboard, a pool table, and a pinball machine.

Realistically, however, all I want to be is happy. So long as I have motivation to get up in the morning and do my stuff, then I will be pleased. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In 5 years time it'll be just over 3 years after I've won around 5 million on the Lotto so I'd be dead following some kind of catastrophic simultaneous organ explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Qualified Sparks maybe looking at heading away somewhere foreign :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'll be 24, will have my BA finished and hopefully, I'll be in France trying and most likely failing to chat up French girls:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

jumpguy wrote: »
    It's scary to speculate tbh, it all goes how I hope it will, I'll be in 5th year medicine in NUIG.

Woah. WOAH, woah. Did QoL convince you of this? No no no. Myself and A Neurotic will gladly sway you to Trinners yet boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

bythewoods wrote: »
    Woah. WOAH, woah. Did QoL convince you of this? No no no. Myself and A Neurotic will gladly sway you to Trinners yet boy.
    But...but...but...QoL had NOTHING to do with it! Does she even do medicine? <_<

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

She doesn't even go here. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I don't see myself anywhere tbh. I can't imagine where I'll possibly be this time next year, never mind 5 years. I guess I'll go do a Masters when I finish my degree in June. Maybe do a Ph.D after that if I have the motivation/brains to do it.

Other than that, all I see when I imagine the future is a blank screen.

On the brightside, I could get run over by a bus/tank/herd of elephants next week. Then I won't have to worry about any of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Not at all sure... Hopefully by that time I'll be doing something worthwhile, be it another college course or a job.

Failing that I'd love to go abroad with a decent amount of money and pretend to be an eccentric millionaire. Walk around with a cane and sport a big top hat. Share supper with the local hobo contingent. Throw a massive party before causing chaos by releasing a load of rats or something. Chortle loudly in innapropriate moments. Somehow return home without the reputation of a deranged lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

hmm...ok, 24/25

Physiology degree done, and should know loads more about peoples bodies.... (take from that what you will!)

possibly masters/phd or postgrad course.

hopefully still bee with a certain someone....

oh yeah, and find some money somewhere to get a decent car due to being 25! FU Insurance companies.

apart from all that... maybe get a bit better / more well known in certain areas of photography

and all going well, be training for the olympics in archery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Some really great posts in this thread.
    In five years time I’ll be 24, almost 25. I really don’t have a clue what I want to do and what my life will be like then.
    I just hope wherever I am, whatever I’m doing and whoever I’m with that I’m happy.

Oh and this is going to sound really soppy but I hope you all will be too! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

In five year's time I hope to still be alive. That's about it, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

ill be 22 :p. To be honest, I dont know where ill be this time next week, never miind 5 years. I would hope to have finished my college degree, be doing a masters, have a bit of cash, maybe be a little lighter. on the flip side of that, i could be working in Dubai in 5 years time, so god alone knows. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I'm going to be 27 by then! Which is a scarily large number, the kind that demands you to have some idea of what you're going to do with your scrap o' human consciousness. I should ideally be well on my way towards sorting my life out and/or bodily failure, but we'll see. Intimidating stuff, this Future Plans business.

If all goes well I should have my degree finished, and I'll be certified as Cork's most incapable physicist. :p Physics was a compromise... I do really like it, but it's never been what I want to work at. I love drawing and designing, and I want to get so much better at it. My parents don't really see its worth or at least the likelihood of my finding a job out of it, so I agreed to get a more traditional, stable degree first. So with that out of the way, the plan for the next few years is to try and find a great art course, find some way of affording it, and to work really, really hard at improving.

Easier said than done, though. I really hope I'm not just imagining an amazing future as a means of escaping an unpleasant present, without ever acting on anything. I've got to work towards it!

As for the other stuff, I have absolutely no idea! It's still a long way off, if it is at all, and everything else is still too tentative for it to merit any serious consideration. o.o

Wow..I never knew you were that into art :) Come and be my friend in Limerick! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Hopefully me and friends drunken promise to create a gritty and realistic show influenced heavily by The Wire and set in Ireland will have come to something by then. Theres definitely an audience for a programme like that set in Galway, right?

Wow..I never knew you were that into art :) Come and be my friend in Limerick! :D

Hee, I'd love to! You're an inspiration, you are, living the dream and all. :D Plus, I've heard that LIT's a fairly class aul' place! :)

Though, actually, I have so little of a notion about what courses are available out there, other than hearing great things about a few colleges... hmm, I'd better do some research I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

bythewoods wrote: »
    All going well, I'll have finished my degree and internship at that point, so I'll be Dr. bythewoods...

Please say that's what your doctor name would be...
    Hopefully me and friends drunken promise to create a gritty and realistic show influenced heavily by The Wire and set in Ireland will have come to something by then. Theres definitely an audience for a programme like that set in Galway, right?

McNulty returns to his roots! I'd watch that!

In five years, I'll be 24, nearly 25, so that's still kinda young-ish. Hopefully have a decent degree anyway, and maybe some bit through a PhD that will take the Mathematics world by storm. Disproving the Riemann Hypothesis would be dreamy :P
    I've no real goals for that kind of time period, except that I really don't want to still be living at home. That'd be shit. I'd also like to not be in UCC, if you know what I mean. It's a class place and all, but I just don't want to stay in the same place forever. If I was ambitious, I'd go to America, but that'd probably be too scary. Even going to England would be tough, but I'd manage that at least. Dublin is probably far enough away though...

Jay P wrote: »
    McNulty returns to his roots! I'd watch that!

A show about McNulty coming to Ireland would have to be set in one of the areas of Mayo where there are loads of people called McNulty. Such as Swinford...

HardyBucks.jpg

I don't know about you but I think we're onto something!

Hee, I'd love to! You're an inspiration, you are, living the dream and all. :D Plus, I've heard that LIT's a fairly class aul' place! :)

Though, actually, I have so little of a notion about what courses are available out there, other than hearing great things about a few colleges... hmm, I'd better do some research I suppose.

Well please god I get graphic design next year and then I will be officially living my dream!

The plan is to do three years of that, do a masters in RCA in London and then get a job as a graphic designer. And maybe...set up my own company.. Dream big if your going to dream at all.:cool:

Well please god I get graphic design next year and then I will be officially living my dream!

The plan is to do three years of that, do a masters in RCA in London and then get a job as a graphic designer. And maybe...set up my own company.. Dream big if your going to dream at all.:cool:

Absolutely, that's a great plan and you should go for it! Running your own company would be frickin' unbelievable. :D

Absolutely, that's a great plan and you should go for it! Running your own company would be frickin' unbelievable. :D

I know.. it'll probably never happen but imagine if it did?!:) Getting paid to do stuff like this:

tenenbaumfinal.jpg

brlsq6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

There's a Westside in Galway, you must do it. :D

• Advertisement

Monzo wrote: »
    There's a Westside in Galway, you must do it. :D

According to the graffitti at the back of the Hanley Oaks its also the best side! :pac:

Somehow I dont think Galway has the same potential for a gritty urban crime series as Baltimore. Its been tried before....

The funniest thing is that Dominic West was considering taking the lead role in that programme!

Advertisement