Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micra 'dead' as a doornail

• 24-12-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I defrosted door , hopped in, put key in ignition, turned key, not a sound. Any idea what the problem could be? Cant afford a mechanic not to mention a new car.:mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Battery would be my first guess, has it been sitting unused in this weather for long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭brophs

shefra wrote: »
    I defrosted door , hopped in, put key in ignition, turned key, not a sound. Any idea what the problem could be? Cant afford a mechanic not to mention a new car.:mad:

Given the weather and what you've said probably a dead battery. You can either try get someone to give you a jump start or drop it into a garage to be charged, though they would probably have to keep it overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Its your battery thats as dead as a doornail. You need a jump start.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭shefra

Its your battery thats as dead as a doornail. You need a jump start.

Thanks for that. Great relief. Will get some one to jumpstart:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

After you've had the car jumpstarted drive around for a while to let your alternator recharge the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

What year is the Micra? The missus had an '04 one and once or twice I thought it had a flat battery, turned the key and absolutely nothing, but it miraculously recovered by the time I'd brought my car over to hook up the jump leads. Turned out to be the switch in the ignition barrel, a common problem on K12 Micras (2003 - 2010), there was a recall in the uk but alas not here. It's not that expensive a fix but annoying that Nissan didn't extend the recall to Ireland. The guy in the Nissan garage wasn't impressed when I told him they're all ****ing made in Sunderland after he was waffling on about different models for Irish and UK markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

My wife also has one of these Micras and we've had hassle of this type for the last three maybe four years, we've replaced the ignition and the battery maybe three times and as recently as during the Christmas freeze we had a few more times where it let us down and now guess what unbelievably Nissan have issued a recall. "There is a possibility that the two control relays may have become contaminated with a build up of silicon evaporating from the relay diode. This can lead to poor conduction at the relay contacts. In an extreme case the resulting poor contact could potentially result in an engine stall and failure to restart the vehicle." Anyone reckon we'd have any comeback for all the inconvenience?

Advertisement