Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question RE Streaming to xbox

• 24-12-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

so i finally have streaming to my xbox working again. it only took a new router and a reinstall of W7, but now ive 1 more thing to get right..

Ive an external 1TB HDD (technically in 2 partitions, 1 FAT32 and the other NTFS) which is full of files i want to stream to the xbox from my PC.

is there a way (without using a 3rd party program like Tversity) to stream the files to the 360? on the xbox i can only currently access files in my Music/videos/pictures folders. can i make some sort of shortcut taking it to the (G)(fat32) drive?

thanks.

also, i know i could just move the HDD when i need it to the xbox, but that defeats the object and is a major hassle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Windows Media Centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Windows Media Centre?
    WMC is kinda glitchy over my network. no reason for it either. N class wireless card -> G router (yes i know) -> wired xbox.

so i use the simple file explorer on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    WMC is kinda glitchy over my network. no reason for it either. N class wireless card -> G router (yes i know) -> wired xbox.

so i use the simple file explorer on the 360.
    Having wireless anywhere in the network is going to lead to streaming glitches.

Having a N Spec card makes no difference when your connecting to a G spec router. How far away from the PC is the router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I stream everything perfectly from my 1tb HDD to my xbox wirelessly. Just add it to the windows media player library, share your library with xbox and your done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Having wireless anywhere in the network is going to lead to streaming glitches.

Having a N Spec card makes no difference when your connecting to a G spec router. How far away from the PC is the router?

i know about the Nspec to G thing, but its just WMC thats glitchy, not streaming via file explorer. the PC is about 5m from the router (with a few walls), signal goes from good to excellent.
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    I stream everything perfectly from my 1tb HDD to my xbox wirelessly. Just add it to the windows media player library, share your library with xbox and your done!

thats what i was looking for! thanks! i cant believe i overlooked adding the HDD to WMP library.

• Advertisement
Advertisement