Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water from hot tap - anyone else got this prob?

Options
  • 24-12-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

What does it mean?

Water cut?
    Reduced water pressure so cannot fill up tank?
    Tank frozen?

Any advice please?!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Could be that the tank is empty or that the pipes are frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thank you.

Because I have cold water can i take it pipes are not frozen?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ray Ray

you will have to check your tank in the attic , that usaly suply's water to the copper cylinder for hot water. if your have no hot water you may not have any heating eaither, best thing to do is check he tank in your attic and if empty you will have to get bottles or buckets of water from neighbours and try fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Have heating.

Tank is full...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jessiemac

I'm having similar problem. Currently trying to troubleshoot using Fingal CoCo advice http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/CustomerServicesEmergencyNotices/AdviceandUsefulInformation/GettingRidofAirLocks/ Mixer taps are such a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

We had an airlock in the piping to the bathroom taps after the last time the water supply was cut. A plumber friend said cover the mixer tap on the bath with your hand and turn both taps on full - whichever one has pressure should sort the problem. It did for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

CScook is right, you have emptied your cylinder in the hot press. As said, if you have a mixer tap anywhere upstairs open them both fully and put your thumb over the outlet. This forces the cold water back up through the hot supply forcing out the air blockage.

Best of luck.

Advertisement