Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mc Gonagles (Metal Night) Reunion. tues 27th dec

Options
  • 24-12-2010 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

There will be a Mc Gonagles reunion this Tuesday 27th Dec; in the Gypsy Rose Bar.
    Guest DJ's will be playing a mix of old school metal, glam, thrash and classic rock. Doors at 9pm, DJ's start at 9.30. 'til late.

Gypsy Rose Bar,
    5 aston Quay,
    Dublin 2.
    adm; €3 before 10.30, €6 after 10.30pm.

here is the facebook link;

http://www.facebook.com/people/McGonagles-Reunion/100001475926353

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

There will be a Mc Gonagles reunion this Tuesday 27th Dec; in the Gypsy Rose Bar.
    Guest DJ's will be playing a mix of old school metal, glam, thrash and classic rock. Doors at 9pm, DJ's start at 9.30. 'til late.

Gypsy Rose Bar,
    5 aston Quay,
    Dublin 2.
    adm; €3 before 10.30, €6 after 10.30pm.

here is the facebook link;

http://www.facebook.com/people/McGonagles-Reunion/100001475926353

Day/date is wrong dude - should be Tues 28th shouldn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yup, Mon 27th is the Bruxelles Reunion with Tommy Hayes (in Bruxelles Naturally), Tues 28th is the McGonagles Reunion with Tommy Hayes dj-ing amongst others, in the Gypsy Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

What or who is McGonagles??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GypsyRoseRocks

NIBBS wrote: »
    Day/date is wrong dude - should be Tues 28th shouldn't it ?

oops, my mistake. Yes it's Tuesday 28th Dec.
    Mc Gonagles had one of the first metal nights in Dublin. all the metalheads used to go there on friday nights in the 80's and early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What or who is McGonagles??

McGonagles was a a ****in deadly little venue which was situated off Grafton Street(I think?) back in the 80s/90s?? Was a great little place for metal gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Mc gonagles was where it was all happening in the 80s . two minute stagger from bruxelles
    from nightclub to rock venue, i remember seeing uli jon roth & scuicidal tendencies to name a few , even met Mrs Wild Turkey in there.... mmmm i should probably burn it down :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'd planned to go to this but I was home in my jammies drinking Lemsip instead :( Any boardsies head to it? Did I miss anything good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 autographs

I'd planned to go to this but I was home in my jammies drinking Lemsip instead :( Any boardsies head to it? Did I miss anything good?

It was a great night, a lot of the old McGons heads from years ago were there. roll on 'Club Hell' tomorrow night for some old school metal madness \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Awwww man, cant believe i missed this. McGonagles was a deadly spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I lived in McGonagles in the late 80's / early 90's ... would have liked to go to this :( Balls ... this should become a regular Club Night - once a month / once a Qtr

• Advertisement
Advertisement