Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy Christmas everyone :)

• 24-12-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

I hope santa brings you all the very best in lenses and tripods and various bits and bobs :)

(We need Santa smileys around here)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

sineadw wrote: »
    I hope santa brings you all the very best in lenses and tripods and various bits and bobs :)

(We need Santa smileys around here)

The same to you and yours Sinead. May it be a happy, holy, and peaceful one.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

well have a very merry christmas yourself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Happy Christmas Sinead , and everyone else here ...

http://www.photoblog.com/thebaz/2010/12/24/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

57DCD2CF767F448981C178ADE1FDB172-0000339762-0002091890-00640L-C7FB0EF93AFE45DBBF5D20D569B11230.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Happy Christmas all!

And if Santa would kindly unfreeze my water pipes then I'd be a happy man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Merry Christmas to you all too, hope you all get the bits and bobs you desire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Happy Christmas to everyone on this forum, must drop by here more often in 2011.

Sled-01-june.gif

sweetangel3.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

K_user wrote: »
    Happy Christmas all!

Not the only one, took me over an hour to defrost one pipe leaving the washing machine, Dishwasher and all taps except one frozen. Even our oven gas tank froze.

It will certainly be a memorable christmas!

Merry Christmas all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

merry christmas everyone! No new lenses for me this year. I was hoping for a new camera bag but don't see any bag shaped presents under the tree :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Best wishes of the season to everyone. Hope you all have a great Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

happy christmas boardsies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

K_user wrote: »
    Happy Christmas all!

Happy Christmas to all and safe travels to any unfortunate enough not to have reached home yet.

@K_user: if you soak some towels in hot water and cover the pipes that should help things along until Santa arrives. I'm not a plumber mind :o here's hoping for a quick thaw ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Every year people are wishing for a White Christmas .... it comes and they moan!

Bah Humbug!

Anyway ..... Some Santa Smilies for Sinead. xmas-smiley-022.gif
    xmas-smiley-007.gifxmas-smiley-026.gifxmas-smiley-003.gifxmas-smiley-009.gifxmas-smiley-001.gif

xmas-smiley-027.gifxmas-smiley-033.gifxmas-smiley-031.gifxmas-smiley-018.gif

xmas-smiley-039.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Happy Christmas Sinead and everyone here on the forum, thank you for all the inspiration and advice over the past year. :)

Enjoy the holidays!

No water here either, for the past 5 days! Shocking. But thankfully friends and family filled up tonnes of 5litre bottles for us, I was only worried about me Ham! ... and the stinky arm pits :D

Santa has just delivered here, thankfully, for once, no putting anything with a million pieces together.

Happy Christmas, all. Hope ye have a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

Happy Christmas all :)

No camera related presents for me yet as my flight was canceled yesterday so I won't be home till tomorrow... But at least the postman brought me my present to myself, an Olympus XA, yesterday so I can mess about with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Happy Christmas All!

Sad to say nothing under the tree D3 shaped...I'm told Santa only visits Canonites :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Nollaig Shona Duit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Happy Christmas everyone, thanks for sharing the pics on the random thread, and for the advice when needed, wishing ye all lots of great photo opportunities and pots of money for the gear :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Happy Christmas All!

Sad to say nothing under the tree D3 shaped...I'm told Santa only visits Canonites :mad:

I will send you one of these oul things Paddy

00VK56-203061684.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you all enjoy the holiday and hopefully have no frozen water supplies :S

Yay, manfrotto tripod, a light stand, flash and umbrella mount plus umbrella :D ... as if I didn't know beforehand. I didn't know it was a manfrotto though, nice. Seems the missus does actually listen when I'm rabbiting on about gear I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Got me a new mug...
    2123C5E9E3424B9CB22468A02D3130C0-0000317714-0002093168-00500L-D57941B5CC7944BE9C5A84AE5180914C.jpg
    C8BFA2DCFAAF479996AEE50F44873203-0000317714-0002093167-00500L-C83FA893A48A4970B511C33C747B55B7.jpg

Nice, but, is it not a bit hard pack with that humongous hood cap!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Happy christmas to everyone. Hope you all received something nice from 'ol St. Nick.

To those of you who were more naughty than nice - well there's always next year :D

Best wishes to you all for the new year ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I agree with what the dino says!

Happy crimbo all and may you all have a wonderful photographic 2011; with cracking shots, desired gear and loads of happy snapping!

attachment.php?attachmentid=140976&stc=1&d=1293450076

attachment.php?attachmentid=140977&stc=1&d=1293450096

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Oh and I got a changing bag :o

And himself got horribly confused in Gunns when he innocently asked "So; the missus needs chems as well to go with that bag..." SHould have explained it better really :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Borderfox wrote: »
    I will send you one of these oul things Paddy

00VK56-203061684.JPG

Thank you Border Fox, I have a D300 but a little play with the vid. would be fun!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Happy Christmas, collage from Christmas Day-

5291050238_e34e4bd328_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Seasons Greetings to all you boardsies :)

5254798803_e428fdbcc2_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

*eadaoin wrote: »
    Seasons Greetings to all you boardsies :)

5254798803_e428fdbcc2_z.jpg

Nice Photo Eadaoin :) Were those Candies gotten from Superquinn? Are they nice?!! Awww now I want some :o

Thank you Border Fox, I have a D300 but a little play with the vid. would be fun!:)

If the video on the D300s is anything like the D90 you're not missing much. I think the iphone 720p video is better and easier to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

tororosso wrote: »
    Nice Photo Eadaoin :) Were those Candies gotten from Superquinn? Are they nice?!! Awww now I want some :o

Thanks Tororosso, I actually got them in Avoca. In the really big Avoca shop out near the Red Cow roundabout they have a big sweets sections, it's lots of fun. And yes, they're pretty darn tasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

My only photography related gift and first film camera; it's a 35mm Revueflex AC2 (which I believe is a re-badged Chinon CE-4 Memotron), all original cases, straps and manuals with a 50mm f/1.7 and a 28mm f/2.8 :D:D

5303198607_c76dbb577a_z.jpg Revueflex AC2 35mm Camera by stedowney76, on Flickr

• Advertisement
Advertisement