Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding wii 4.3e - ##New Expolitable Games!! 29/01 ##

Options
  • 24-12-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Bought a second hand wii, but it's version 4.3e, and the Indiana Jones Lego game is like gold dust...

Does anyone know a safe way to downgrade to 4.2 or able to loan me (for a fee of course) the disc to mod my own?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Only game my friend,or pay someone to do.Its cheaper option because game will cost you 60euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

could you not just use a modchip ?
    That would be cheaper then buying the game just checked ebay it costs way more than 60 euro ....try 100 and the auctions not even over

Chip 30e inlcude delivery costs.But warranty lost.

warranty..... meh how do they know you opened it ;).
    You dont really need a warranty with a wii anyway they dont break down like ps3,and xboxs do
    so thats not a big problem.
    Just make a back up of your nand as soon as you get homebrew channel going
    learn from my mistake I didnt have a back up and my nand got corrupted during a update and ended up selling the wii for parts.
    Just get a solderless modchip very easy to install

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I'm just going to swap it with an older version a friend of mine has... probably solved. They get a new wii console, I get a hacked wii

• Advertisement

all good so,To mod it all you will need is a sd card google the bannerbomb hack :D.
    Once you get is up and going install a preloader and make a back up of the nand learn from my expensive mistake :(

Just wondering if there is any reason why I should upgrade to 4.2 from 3.4e?

And I've seen on several different sites about specific games having problems with different loaders, like wiikey/usb loader etc. Can you install a few of them in case certain ones perform better than other for certain games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Yippee, have 7 original copies of LEGO indiana jones, 2 used perfect, 5 in the wrappers in the post from south africa, keep one, ebay the rest.

Ohh BTW €15 for the used each, €60 for the new ones each, thats what I paid, now Ebay time for 6 of them :D, somehow doubt they'll ever get played past level 1.

You'll make a small fortune off them, you could easily get 80-90 pounds off the used ones alone...

You'll make a small fortune off them, you could easily get 80-90 pounds off the used ones alone...

Just got a mail on my iphone, €100 2nd hand,......SOLD!

There's some nut with a €250 buy it now price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

thank god i got min in a bargain bin 8.99 lol

massy086 wrote: »
    thank god i got min in a bargain bin 8.99 lol

EBAY, The nutter looking €250 seems to have had a revelation and lowered the price, or sold it!!!!!

But this is an example,
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/LEGO-INDIANA-JONES-ORIGINAL-ADVENTURES-Wii-GAME-/140497057737?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item20b646f7c9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭BlubberyGiraffe

I went all around my local shopping centre looking for the game new or preowned. Its impossible to find and I cannot justify paying that much for a game.

If i saw someone selling it for 20 quid i'd happily pay or rent it off them, but nobody seems to be.

I went all around my local shopping centre looking for the game new or preowned. Its impossible to find and I cannot justify paying that much for a game.

If i saw someone selling it for 20 quid i'd happily pay or rent it off them, but nobody seems to be.

Where do you live?, I will loan you the game in a few days time to do your own wii.

I drove about 200 miles the other day to get 2 of them at €15 each, €40 on juice for the car.
    I got 5 from net brand new at €60 each on the internet simply to sell at a nice profit.
    I already sold 1 of the 2nd hand ones for €120 including registered post.

The other I'm keeping for now, until my other 5 arrive, then I'll keep one of the new ones and ebayin the rest.

uprising2 wrote: »
    Where do you live?, I will loan you the game in a few days time to do your own wii.

I drove about 200 miles the other day to get 2 of them at €15 each, €40 on juice for the car.
    I got 5 from net brand new at €60 each on the internet simply to sell at a nice profit.
    I already sold 1 of the 2nd hand ones for €120 including registered post.

The other I'm keeping for now, until my other 5 arrive, then I'll keep one of the new ones and ebayin the rest.

I live in tallaght, that anywhere near you?

All id need it for is an hour, have the tutorial ready to go! It's so annoying that it can only be done though a game which has been discontinued.

Saw some guy selling it for 466 euro, seriously he must be having a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I live in tallaght, that anywhere near you?

Any chance I could also meet up with the game you guys for an hour too and do mine?

Ummmm. Please... :D

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Any chance I could also meet up with the game you guys for an hour too and do mine?

Ummmm. Please... :D

Its really up to uprising2, I am trying to think what the best arrangement would be since all I need it for is an hour or 2!

Ok lads I only have one copy now, posted one this morning.

Waiting for my delivery, and have a few to do myself, did my first lastnight, hadnt a notion till i thought of a youtube walkthrough of level one, saved me a lot of time. Worth a watch if your not familiar with the game, it's actually the hardest part.

I'm having 2nd thoughts on my offer, all sorts of bad scenarios running through my mind, maybe a €100 surety and €20 donation to juice money for delivery and collection in dublin area for a few hour's loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Just came on this thread by chance.Never bothered Modding a wii.

Why is that game so expensive :o ? Looks like it's the only game that can be used for a mod is it ? Sure I've seen it in a game shop a while ago but never knew it was worth loads :/

ya dont have to do the first level just play game to start screen :o then load the file on your sd card

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    ya dont have to do the first level just play game to start screen :o then load the file on your sd card

Balls, I thouht I had to complete level 1, waste of time that.

Balls, I thouht I had to complete level 1, waste of time that.
    ah well we live and learn lol at least you did,nt brick your wii

I'm having 2nd thoughts on my offer, all sorts of bad scenarios running through my mind, maybe a €100 surety and €20 donation to juice money for delivery and collection in dublin area for a few hour's loan.

I was actually gonna give you 20 for the troubles anyways.

I dunno either, its never easy organizing this kinda ****. Problem is, I dont have 100 quid to my name.

I was actually gonna give you 20 for the troubles anyways.

I dunno either, its never easy organizing this kinda ****. Problem is, I dont have 100 quid to my name.

Ok seen as I trust you I'll get it to you for €20, just don't let anything happen to it, I'll give it to you one evening and get it back the following morning.
    PM me your address or phone number and I'll get in touch and get it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Is there any other way of soft modding 4.3E without this game?

Is it possible to downgrade & use the old Zelda method?

frash wrote: »
    Is there any other way of soft modding 4.3E without this game?

Is it possible to downgrade & use the old Zelda method?

If there was nobody would be in a frenzy to get this exact game, I think you can downgrade alright, saw it in one of the tutorials, too risky............and only AFTER you use LEGO indiana first, so if you'd like to join my rental club feel free to fill out the membership card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is it really that hard to find the game? I got one a few months up in the square for about €25 or €30. Cant remember. There was another one there when I got mine. Wish I bought the 2 of them now!! lol

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Is it really that hard to find the game? I got one a few months up in the square for about €25 or €30. Cant remember. There was another one there when I got mine. Wish I bought the 2 of them now!! lol

Its impossible to find it. I was in the square the other day, even went over to smyths. Nowhere has the second one, let alone the first.

I really cannot understand how they made this so bloody difficult. At least have it be a game which isnt 3 years old.

Game,hmv worth trying but dont expect anything,one 100% valid source is ebay but prices killing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

One of the kids got the michael jacko game from santa and when we went to play it it said there was a soft ware up grade available for the WII and we duly agreed to update . Problem is it wont play any games now through the launch option. Is it possible to get the launch option working again.

Advertisement