Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding wii 4.3e - ##New Expolitable Games!! 29/01 ##

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

haha gas!
    I'd say theres someone workin on all them games that really hates Nintendo!! :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Done. Works fine here. No problems at all :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If anyone can't get a copy of Lego BM let me know, I'll buy the game for them here and post it, otherwise lend Lego BM. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I wonder why it's only the Lego games that can carry out the exploit? Might be worth picking up the rest of them just incase :D

Edit, it's not only Lego ones. Yugioh (or whatever it's called can do it for PAL) - http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel#Installation

Yep, and Hannah Montana now too. :)

EDIT: That Yu Gi Oh game is over 180 euro to buy, so its a no go :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Amazon have Lego Batman for 13.35 euro. Estimated delivery date is 2 to 4 weeks though sadly.

Not sure why (maybe how fast they can deliver), but Marketplace seller for 19.95 sterling is the first price listed, strange.

I was going to order Lego Batman anyway so pleased I can have a crack at a hack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Wow... Lego Batman was a tenner on Amazon this afternoon and has sold out now (well, unless you count Amazon sellers)
    Worth trying Asda Entertainment, Shopto, TheHut and Zavvi as well (was under £15 on all of them earlier too)

There are a few auctions ending soon on Ebay with 0 bids so far, so get in there quick!
    /edit
    There were when I checked 30 mins ago anyway!

LEGO Batman is already cropping up on ebay at over 60 euro used

EDIT: This hack is by far the easiest to do and was only discovered yesterday. So get the game while the retailers still have them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

I picked up a preowned lego batman in smyths today for 14.99, not too bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

LEGO Batman is already cropping up on ebay at over 60 euro used

Greedy w*nkers :mad:

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Greedy w*nkers :mad:

A fool and their money are easily parted tbh...
    There's an entire internet outside of Ebay but sadly a lot of people don't seem to realise that.
    Sure someone sold Lego Indiana Jones for €100 on the previous page, but there wasn't anything greedy about that imho. Opportunistic perhaps, but not greedy!

I'll be having a look around a couple of game shops tomorrow for the heck of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

tman wrote: »
    A fool and their money are easily parted tbh...
    There's an entire internet outside of Ebay but sadly a lot of people don't seem to realise that.
    Sure someone sold Lego Indiana Jones for €100 on the previous page, but there wasn't anything greedy about that imho. Opportunistic perhaps, but not greedy!

I'll be having a look around a couple of game shops tomorrow for the heck of it

Yea I sold Lego Indiana Jones for €100 plus €20 for insured, registered and signed for postage that actually cost me less than €8 (I didn't know the price of postage to europe), the game cost me €15 used, so I made €98 profit from that, the person who bought it I would imagine has made his money back on it (6 X €20 per softmod), I doubt he bought it to actually play it.

You gotta take the oppertunity when it appears, and I will again but maybe not on this, whatever the exploit is or "are" will continue to expand I think, we have lego indi, lego BM, hannah montana and yu gi oh so far, next week another 10 exploit's may be discovered on different games, this treasure hunt is over now I'd say.

uprising2 wrote: »
    Yea I sold Lego Indiana Jones for €100 plus €20 for insured, registered and signed for postage that actually cost me less than €8 (I didn't know the price of postage to europe), the game cost me €15 used, so I made €98 profit from that, the person who bought it I would imagine has made his money back on it (6 X €20 per softmod), I doubt he bought it to actually play it.

You gotta take the oppertunity when it appears, and I will again but maybe not on this, whatever the exploit is or "are" will continue to expand I think, we have lego indi, lego BM, hannah montana and yu gi oh so far, next week another 10 exploit's may be discovered on different games, this treasure hunt is over now I'd say.

Treasure hunt over? 3/4 games are hard to find, and in about a week or so Lego Batman will be in the exact same boat. It'll take a lot more than 10 or more exploits for these games to be considered low value. It's a pattern when an exploit is found that prices are driven up.

Values of games will go down as more exploits are found, of course but I dont think it'll go down significantly for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Treasure hunt over? 3/4 games are hard to find, and in about a week or so Lego Batman will be in the exact same boat. It'll take a lot more than 10 or more exploits for these games to be considered low value. It's a pattern when an exploit is found that prices are driven up.

Values of games will go down as more exploits are found, of course but I dont think it'll go down significantly for the time being.

I said "but maybe not on this", I think you have just changed my mind, if I come across any €15 used I'll buy them, found a couple late in the game on lego indi, seems they'll fetch €50 a pop at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Updated thread title to reflect changes ( I almost brushed over the thread!)

Thanks Cherry for posting, I'll be popping into Athlone later to grab a copy for myself.

I very nearly bought Lego indiana jones this week but the adverter refused to split a bundle, man am I glad he did now!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

The hannah montana exploit is supposed to be a fake.

Updated thread title to reflect changes ( I almost brushed over the thread!)

Thanks Cherry for posting, I'll be popping into Athlone later to grab a copy for myself.

I very nearly bought Lego indiana jones this week but the adverter refused to split a bundle, man am I glad he did now!! :pac:

If its not around you can borrow mine if ya want :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Jeez, wasted journey!

Not a single copy to be had in Athlone

Looked in Tesco, Argos, Gamestop and asked in Xtravision and Smyths... nada.

Thanks Cherry, I have no immediate need for I just wanted a copy in case anyone asked me. so in Theory you would be lending to the competition :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Looks like bricks and mortar is the only option if you want to get it at a decent price. Must have a look in town later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭BlubberyGiraffe

Its pretty funny how things can change in a matter of weeks. I think the window for making huge profits on these games is long gone!

I checked online and when I originally was buying Indiana jones there were around 30 games and all going for at least 90/100 euro a pop.

Now i check and there are over 140 games where the bids havent gone much farther than 30 quid.

I'd say the people who bought it off others to make a quick buck are kicking themselves now.

Incidentally, is it still just Lego Batman and Indy which can be used to exploit the 4.3e's?

• Advertisement

Its pretty funny how things can change in a matter of weeks. I think the window for making huge profits on these games is long gone!

It has only been a little over a week since Bathax was revealed, so I'd say it'll take a while for the values to adjust, then again you could be right and they'll stay at £30 tops...

And yeah, as far as I know Indy and Batman are the only 2 that will work with a 4.3 Wii..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

tman wrote: »
    It has only been a little over a week since Bathax was revealed, so I'd say it'll take a while for the values to adjust, then again you could be right and they'll stay at £30 tops...

And yeah, as far as I know Indy and Batman are the only 2 that will work with a 4.3 Wii..

Nope - they threw Lego Star Wars into the mix last week
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Return_of_the_Jodi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Is there something about the Lego games that allows modding the Wii or just a coincidence ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'd say it's because they're based on the same engine that the exploit can be adapted to work on most of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

does anbody in dublin have this game that would be willing to rent it to me for a few hours?

I cant find it in any of the shops i have checked and am not willing to pay ebay prices for it

I will leave a deposit with you

does anbody in dublin have this game that would be willing to rent it to me for a few hours?

I cant find it in any of the shops i have checked and am not willing to pay ebay prices for it

I will leave a deposit with you

The game (Most of them) are going for 15 quid on ebay, I would check on that first.. really no point borrowing it when u can buy it for cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

15 quid on ebay?

i dont think so mate, dont know who told you that

the cheapest "buy in now" listing on ebay for lego indiana jones original is 42 euro hence my question

15 quid on ebay?

i dont think so mate, dont know who told you that

the cheapest "buy in now" listing on ebay for lego indiana jones original is 42 euro hence my question

Who told me? I bought it for 15 man.

You do know that its not just Indiana Jones that does the mod right? There are 2 other games? I checked ebay and the prices for Batman are under 25 euro, same for Lego Star Wars the complete saga.

This one is nearly 20

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Nintendo-Wii-LEGO-Batman-Videogame-Bathaxx-New-4-3-/220744881091?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item33656b93c3#ht_505wt_1139

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Do all these hacks work on the red Wii too? OR is there any restrictions on what the mod can do?
    I've been asked by a friend to do theirs. I've done a few white ones, including a 4.3E, but they just told they've the red one, so just wondering.

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Do all these hacks work on the red Wii too? OR is there any restrictions on what the mod can do?
    I've been asked by a friend to do theirs. I've done a few white ones, including a 4.3E, but they just told they've the red one, so just wondering.

Check This out!

Advertisement