Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates

Options
  • 24-12-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

My overground electric gate motors seem to be having it hard ( sound rough) in this weather - should i just unpower them and use the key to release both motors for the freezing weather? Or shoudl they be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

if you know the make and model check the specs but they should be good for -20. I have noticed a lot of gates open, half open in my area. I've had no problems with mine but last year the back up batteries froze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Thanks, I powered them off just to be safe, hope the thaw comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

My electric gates gave a good few problems in the recent cold weather! - one leaf not closing - then staying open - then one leaf not closing fully it was a right pain in the neck! what I did today was turn off the mains power to the gates for a few minutes via the house trip switch and hey presto they worked fine! seems the arctic weather messed up the control boards on a lot of gate systems and by powering off and then on again resets the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

One of my gates dropped a bit so had to cut and reweld the bracket.

Advertisement