Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did RTE mention any other place than Dublin tonight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lots of poor dears all upset around here because RTE don't care about them, boo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Lots of poor dears all upset around here because RTE don't care about them, boo hoo.

I assume your joking?

The joke is on you Dubs, with your public transport, road network, Local shops and everything on your doorstep and you make out your suffering and under pressure from this cold spell.

Us in the real part of Ireland don't have the same luxurys as you big city dwellers, Some people have no water, no electric, cant get out of their house/land, cant get shopping done, have frozen cars, frozen water or burst pipes, Farmers cant keep livestock fed/watered, Christmas has been ruined for a lot of rural folk. So yes, i think the national broadcaster should make this an issue of the hardships we in the country face.

-15c here currently, i lost my water during the night, so im struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

snaps wrote: »
    I assume your joking?

The joke is on you Dubs, with your public transport, road network, Local shops and everything on your doorstep and you make out your suffering and under pressure from this cold spell.

Us in the real part of Ireland don't have the same luxurys as you big city dwellers, Some people have no water, no electric, cant get out of their house/land, cant get shopping done, have frozen cars, frozen water or burst pipes, Farmers cant keep livestock fed/watered, Christmas has been ruined for a lot of rural folk. So yes, i think the national broadcaster should make this an issue of the hardships we in the country face.

-15c here currently, i lost my water during the night, so im struggling.

Hey Snaps, even though I am in Dublin (current temperature of -11oC), I really empathise with your situation.

Dublin based or not Dublin based, most IRISH people have now had enought of this freezing spell. Lows of -18oC are now becoming irrelevant. Its just amazingly cold and hardship is being caused to people across the island.

If it does not snow again this winter in Ireland (which is extremely unlikely), I would be a happy man. I would have classed myself as a snow lover however I am now just a wee p*ssed off after the week of snow we have had in Dublin.

The weekly commute in Dublin over the past week has been nothing short of a nightmare (spent five hours in my car on Tuesday in the snow on the M50).

Can't wait for the Atlantic rain tomorrow :)

Seasons greetings to all the posters on this board, including you Snaps. May our misery come to an end tomorrow............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

alentejo wrote: »
    Dublin is the capital city and the majority of people

Live OUTSIDE of it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Top post Snow Ghost.

RTE and the 'national' media in general have really made me sick this last week to be honest. It snowed in most parts of the country, no more than a passing news item, it snows in Dublin, it becomes a national crisis. I don't blame the Dubs for this at all, as other's have said in other threads the snow only becomes profound when it falls in the posh belts of Dublin.

Maybe we should stop paying out TV licence? Maybe RTE might get the message then?

Have to agree. On the other hand, the buffoons that are TV3 CONSTANTLY exclude our own Waterford City from the weather map, for whatever petulant reason. They did restore it, and now it's gone again. Clowns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

derekon wrote: »

Can't wait for the Atlantic rain tomorrow :)

I think that is the view of a lot of people at this stage. But what's the bets that we will be like children again when the next snow potential comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I think that is the view of a lot of people at this stage. But what's the bets that we will be like children again when the next snow potential comes!

I want it to go to rid of all the problems, but not as fast as its expected, i think it could coz even bigger problems with cracking pipes and some floods in places. And of course road damage.

SO hopefully its not gonna be too bad.

Any recent pics of the mount leinster sumit BE?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

How many other counties had more than 2 foot of snow this week?

South Sligo actually, there's been a foot of snow minimum lying on the ground since the 27th of November. -21c on Thursday night, it's quite warm at the moment at -14c. The roads have not been salted since 16th of December. I got stuck in Dublin last January with a fresh fall of snow, about 4cms fell and they hadn't a clue how to drive in it. I took me 3 hours to make a 2.5 mile journey from my office to the hotel I was staying in. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭para45

South Sligo actually, there's been a foot of snow minimum lying on the ground since the 27th of November. -21c on Thursday night, it's quite warm at the moment at -14c. The roads have not been salted since 16th of December. I got stuck in Dublin last January with a fresh fall of snow, about 4cms fell and they hadn't a clue how to drive in it. I took me 3 hours to make a 2.5 mile journey from my office to the hotel I was staying in. :rolleyes:

Was in the north yesterday all the way to belfast and then in suburbs in Belfast all the roads are gritted even roads in the housing estates . Didnt see any of the roads with ice on them as i drove through the varouise post codes . Roads conditions became worst when back in the republic . Some of the places at 10am in the morning were -10.5 and not any slippy roads.

The roads were bad when leaving the republic and when returing no better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement