Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Christmas/Davidius Day Everyone!

Options
  • 24-12-2010 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

As you all know, tomorrow the 25th of December is Davidius Appreciation Day, commonly misnamed Christmas. I'd just like to congratulate you all for being here in Davidius' presence on the Eve of such a day of importance and hope that you all receive sufficient gifts and food on the actual day.

I'm sure Lord Davidius will come along soon to drop along his gifts (As in the 'Christmas' story, when the three kings shall arrive, Davidius is the three kings..).

atlxxe.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Let me tell you the story behind Davidius day/An Introduction to crazy space critters as (poorly) translated from Andromeda's Exogalactic Factbook. It was intercepted during Apollo 20 and only now have we been able to make any sort of slightly conclusive semi-coherent translation of its contents.

Long, long ago on the planet Carbaxiom-12 1 there existed a people commonly known in popular H/>1!=|=0v|2lkm;< (~sic) culture as The Soil Menace. They were creatures of various shapes and sizes from the mighty structural imperviousness 2 of twelve 3 with its large jaw and fearsome horns to the atomic mass of the feathers.

For millions of Sol orbits did these fearsome beasts exist. They dominated the exterior of the planet but many dared not enter the watery sheets that feasted upon the flesh of the planet's children.4 A more technologically advanced form of being watched on from a nearby planet of CCCP.5 Information appears in another section: Russians. These beings became quite wary of the steady advancement of the Soil Menace and their documented history shows them to have been quite capable enginators. One other observation is that although they were well equipped to deal with any threat to their civilisation they were also batshít insane. This is already quite evident from their feeling of insecurity toward what were essentially neutered dragons with barely any cognitive ability.

[ENTRY MISSING]

The Russians believed that the best way to stop any threat to their position as the supeheroes of the system was to take pre-emptive measures against a growing foe. They spent millions of orbits constructing a device that would allow them to control time and space. Fearing their fate would be sealed if they did not act quickly, the Russians attempted to utilise their machine quickly and effectively. The machine malfunctioned and rather than destroying the grave threat the population of CCCP died a horrible death at the centre of their Galaxy. Their planet was left to rot.

As a consequence of their folly an extradimensional meteoroid tore a whole in the fabric of our very subverse and ploughed right into Carbaxiom-12. This was not the first time the planet had witnessed such an event and indeed further reading suggests the on-going existence of a league of civilisations seeking Carbaxiom-12's destruction. The event did mean an end of the Soil Menace's reign over terra firma. Editor's note: Latin is a universal language apparently.

Much time past until a =10||||||||||--|>|208|_3|\/||-|um4|\|5?6[/size] they have walked the earth, growing in set cardinality while simultaneously eliminating those who were not of the contemporary governmental hive-mind. Sheep skins the mildew and saws up on the carbon form.7 One of these grand elimination schemes led to the implementation of a day for celebrating the birth of their hypothesised alien God. It is important to note that to this day their ability to assess and rationalise is severely dampened by their need to [ENTRY MISSING] with blood.

Recently these creatures have made leaps toward advancement into an age that would be quite similar to our own Galactic Partition period. Though their accomplishments are relatively simple and their progress slow, these beings are working toward what we believe to be a chance to Kickicus Buttoxius Deus. Their goal seems to finally be in sight for a son was born, one whose grandeur was so clear nobody is sure what to do with it yet.

The son 8 is quite physically appealing by the standards set by the species and indeed many of members of the species of the opposite multiplicative configuration wish to go through a process of procreation with him. Worthy of note is also the son's incredible mental capacity and great physical strength. Using these tools the son has managed to save his planet from danger many times over, using his intricate knowledge of enginator to build devices that allow him to move to any point in any plane. The son has visited our galaxy many times before and impregnated many of our offspring-giving multiplicative units, he once performed the procreative ceremony with my wife. It is quite possible he had a hand in the creation of the multiverse.

For this reason the old day of Celebrate the Alien has been thrown out in favour of adopting the Day of Davidius, as the son is sometimes referred to on his supposed home planet. Indeed the Andromeda Government wishes to install a similar never ending day in his honour. A great light is upon us and soon all living things in the universe will witness the [translation pending]

1-Earth
    2-It's a T-Rex
    3-No idea
    4-Direct translation, kind of scared
    5-Mars
    6-They drew a ellipse several thousands of times and then what we guess was "This" beside it. They suck at drawing.
    7-Removed alien vulgarities, the context can be a vulgarity too
    8-Davidius
    I don't read

PS. Merry Christmas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Merry Davidius Day everyone! :D

Can't believe tomorrow is Davidius Day - where did that creep up :O

Merry Christmas everyone. I won't be on tomorrow and right now I only have 10 candles for the Christmas cake.

WHERE AM I GOING TO GET 2000 MORE CANDLES?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

For a moment there I thought that the OP was a Branch Davidian.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Merry Christmas/Davidius Day dudes!! Have a good'un!! :D

*Opens prezzies whilst singing carols
    *Everyone yells at me to shut up becuase I'm tone deaf... :( Hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Ah, my favourite day of the year is here at last! Merry Davidius day one and all!

<333333333333333 <- customary heartstack for Davidius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Happy christmas C&H :)

Sadly, I am not a believer of the one you call "Davidius". I presume he is some sort of magical elf, with the mind of a dictator, and the reflexes of a cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Its over! /o\ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Its over! /o\ :(
    Davidius is still celebrated every day deep in our hearts and minds. :')

Advertisement