Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tables

Options
  • 24-12-2010 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Whenever I preview a post with a table or even just edit a post with a table, the preview of the post does not show the table. Instead I see the following message; "No code has to be entered here." where the table should be. Can this be fixed? The table appears fine when I finish posting but it would be nice to preview the table :).

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭davebloggs

RopeDrink wrote: »
    unbranded-piran-dining-table-beech.jpg

Here is your table.

Never noticed the issue at all, myself... Then again I've never really seen nor remember ever seeing a table being posted :P

wow haha that was funny, thx a lot heres a thx from me,

Protip I don't think that was the kind of table he was refering to,

no doubt you know that yourself and are merely thx whoring, which is a shame given you are a mod, why not head off to after hours they'd love your shenanigans over there !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

davebloggs wrote: »

no doubt you know that yourself and are merely thx whoring, which is a shame given you are a mod, why not head off to after hours they'd love your shenanigans over there !

Oh lighten up!

Here, have a Christmas table!

Christmas_table_05.121141025_std.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's not really bringing anything useful to the table.

I'm seeing it too, actually. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

it's been going on for about six months now, probably longer

Thanks-whoring? Are you mad? I avoid After-Hours like the plague and am proud to be one of the least thanked people on here!

Well if you weren't thanks whoring what were you up to ?, you know quite well that wasn't the type of table he was refering to so what were you at ? maybe just trying to be a smartass ?

This is the feedback section, you as a mod surely know the function of it, or perhaps I have misjudged the feedback section as a place where users can post feedback both positive and negative on issues they have experienced while using the site, the purpose being to improve the experience for all.

Perhaps I was wrong and it's a place where people post feedback and moderators on the site use their input as a source of facetious humour.

If I was mistaken please accept my apologies and do continue to take the piss out of people who have issues with the site and come here to point them out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well if you weren't thanks whoring what were you up to ?, you know quite well that wasn't the type of table he was refering to so what were you at ? maybe just trying to be a smartass ?

This is the feedback section, you as a mod surely know the function of it, or perhaps I have misjudged the feedback section as a place where users can post feedback both positive and negative on issues they have experienced while using the site, the purpose being to improve the experience for all.

Perhaps I was wrong and it's a place where people post feedback and moderators on the site use their input as a source of facetious humour.

If I was mistaken please accept my apologies and do continue to take the piss out of people who have issues with the site and come here to point them out.

You take things far too seriously, lad. Relax, it's Christmas!

You take things far too seriously, lad. Relax, it's Christmas!

Either boards is a business offering a service or it's a boys club, you need to choose which because you can't flip flop depending on who is espousing particular views.

Users acting like an ass in feedback get banned, mods doing likewise and it's funny and anyone who sees it differently are too serious ?

If you called Dell about a problem with your laptop and they said haha you stroking it too much ? would you find that funny time or be pissed off ...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Smart replies are pointless but technically this thread should be in Site Development

Will not respond to this bloke any further as I did not intended to bring this thread off topic

Post big pictures of furniture while not intending to take thread off topic , was ever a rolleyes more appropriate :rolleyes:.

However I take heart that you will no longer be posting in this thread, I'm glad you have come to your senses.

This is the feedback forum, if you want to be funnies then the humour forum is over there --->

kthxbai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Post big pictures of furniture while not intending to take thread off topic , was ever a rolleyes more appropriate :rolleyes:.

However I take heart that you will no longer be posting in this thread, I'm glad you have come to your senses.

This is the feedback forum, if you want to be funnies then the humour forum is over there --->

kthxbai

Are you menstrual? Perhaps this is more appropriate then:

I-periodic-color.gif

• Advertisement

Are you menstrual?

No I'm not menstrual.

Boards is a BUSINESS they make MONEY off of people viewing the site,
    grow up, this isn't a playground.

Treating your customers with disdain is not sound business practice.

This is a feedback forum, please treat it as such and view after hours or humour for giggles.

No I'm not menstrual.

I don't believe you.

I don't believe you.

K, ima gonna thx your funny periodic post now as thats what you were looking for, you obviously have no idea of the concepts involved.

Cool, thanks.

boards.ie has a golden rule:
    Don't be a dick.

You sir, fall short of that rule.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hi,

Whenever I preview a post with a table or even just edit a post with a table, the preview of the post does not show the table. Instead I see the following message; "No code has to be entered here." where the table should be. Can this be fixed? The table appears fine when I finish posting but it would be nice to preview the table :).

Thanks.

Perhaps besides the point now but no, this appears to be a bug in Vbb. Tables can't be previewed. When I have to post them I use the test forum until they look right and then copy&paste the table into my target thread.

Ross is already aware of the issue from this post.

Advertisement