Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get links for digger hire

Options
  • 24-12-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi just wondering what im doing wrong i bought a program to promote my web site minidiggerhire.ie the program is call ibp it tells me all the key words i should use to get my site to number 1 on google then its on about getting links from different web sites witch i think i have done i have loads of them on the first page for the last 3 months but google does not seem to recondize them has anyone have any idea what im doing wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Moved from Newbies and FAQ :)

EDIT: Well, well, well, I've done a bit of digging (get it? ) and it looks like you've previously advertised one of your other sites in another forum here. I'll err on the side of generosity here and presume this is a genuine query and not more advertising, however, any more advertising and I'll siteban this account. To advertise contact hello@boards.ie. Thanks and Happy Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

One of your main problem is using Flash. Search engines can't see the links to the other pages, much of the text content is in graphics so the SE's can't see it. There is a bit of SEO done on the text content, but it's poor and missing the targets. The site is also poor with no contact details bar a phone number. Don't know why you have the links away from the site on the lower left hand side. It's not in your interest to have them leaving.

However, doing a search for 'digger hire dublin' gives another version of your site at the top at diggerhire.ie. This isn't a good idea. Google might be viewing this as a partly duplicated site and penalising you.

I reckon you need to get someone who knows what they're doing to redo your site. You should be doing much better at digger hire of your marketing/conversion was done right.

@r3nu4l might be worth noting he didn't link the url

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 debadger1

thank you for reply, you seem to know what you are talking about what would you recond it cost for you or someone else to fix the problems I thought minidiggerhire.ie was better than diggerhire.ie just shows you what I know?
    your the second person to tell me to scrap minidiggerhire
    i also own digger.ie, minidigger.ie and diggersforhire.ie what i was hoping each site would get to number 1 in there own name is this possible would google black list if I just linked all my sites to diggerhire.ie then get shop group meada to keep updating diggerhire say once a month what would you do
    thanks for your last reply I just want to no whats the best way forward
    thanking you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 debadger1

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Moved from Newbies and FAQ :)

EDIT: Well, well, well, I've done a bit of digging (get it? ) and it looks like you've previously advertised one of your other sites in another forum here. I'll err on the side of generosity here and presume this is a genuine query and not more advertising, however, any more advertising and I'll siteban this account. To advertise contact hello@boards.ie. Thanks and Happy Christmas.
    this time its genuine enquery a bloke is after answering it i just have 1 more question to ask him i have just posted it i am sorry about the last time i should have read the terms sorry again but my site is high on google and I don,t want them to site ban me either, and the bloke that answered me seams to no what he is talking about and hope fully he will advise who to go to
    thanking you and happy new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

debadger1 wrote: »
    thank you for reply, you seem to know what you are talking about what would you recond it cost for you or someone else to fix the problems I thought minidiggerhire.ie was better than diggerhire.ie just shows you what I know?
    your the second person to tell me to scrap minidiggerhire
    i also own digger.ie, minidigger.ie and diggersforhire.ie what i was hoping each site would get to number 1 in there own name is this possible would google black list if I just linked all my sites to diggerhire.ie then get shop group meada to keep updating diggerhire say once a month what would you do
    thanks for your last reply I just want to no whats the best way forward
    thanking you

If the phrase you want to rank for is "mini digger hire" and the domain name is the only factor you are considering, then minidiggerhire.ie is probably the better domain to use.

Those other domains you own won't get to #1 unless you have completely different websites (with unique content) for each domain, plus you risk spreading any reputation your site gains, through links to your sites etc. across 4 websites. Better off to focus your efforts on one site.

You could get to #1 for each of those phrases easier just using one of your domains but it would take some work and there is no quick-fix using domain names that will do it for you.

Scrap your existing site, do a little keyword research to choose the domain you should use, get a properly coded html compliant site built by someone who knows a little about SEO and redirect the surplus domains back to your site.

Read '50 Ways to Make Google Love your Website', it's perfect for a business like yours.

PS. You seem to have a load of hidden text on your site - you could be penalised by Google for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mikefm

I'd advise submitting your site to Google (if not done already) + making use of their webmaster tools e.g. www.google.com/webmasters/tools

Advertisement