Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XMas Day Swim

Options
  • 24-12-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone stupid/bored enough to do the swim tomorrow?

Heading down around 10am. Cracking a bottle of Buckie as soon as I get out of the water - say hello if there's any boardsies around :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I'll be there too, yearly tradition.

Tide's out though, brrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I'll be there too, yearly tradition.

Tide's out though, brrrrr!

Bollox :( Forgot to check tide, assumed i'd be good to jump off the top. Looks like another year of running in from the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hey JC - there was a warning on the weather forecast not to go swimming, risk of hypothermia due much lower than normal sea temps.

Merry Christmas

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I might be down
    to watch the crazies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Willing to do it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hey JC - there was a warning on the weather forecast not to go swimming, risk of hypothermia due much lower than normal sea temps.

Merry Christmas

Howya N,
    And a fair warning it is too. Many people think that they're fit for it because they went swimming back in July then water temps were around 15celcius

We're used to it (albeit for short periods) and i'm actually looking forward to it :D

Happy Christmas to you too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Good luck with the swim guys, Probably wont make it down to support ye. Are ye doing it for Cope or just for fun??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

The water temperature yesterday was 2.5 degrees Celsius, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Anyone stupid/bored enough to do the swim tomorrow?

Heading down around 10am. Cracking a bottle of Buckie as soon as I get out of the water - say hello if there's any boardsies around :pac:

i used to go swimming every weekend during the year and the Christmas day swim used to be a great tradition. then places like blackrock became far too over crowded and noisy, full of people who only go out there once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Fuinseog wrote: »
    i used to go swimming every weekend during the year and the Christmas day swim used to be a great tradition. then places like blackrock became far too over crowded and noisy, full of people who only go out there once a year.
    A hipster swimmer, a swimster, awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mollie Breathna

Fuinseog wrote: »
    Yeah, those charity fundraising spoil-sport bastards ruining it for the regulars.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Well fair play to any non regular who went for a dip on xmas day.

I took a water temperature reading of 2.5 degrees Celsius which is pretty close enough to as cold as the bay gets. So it would of felt shockingly cold to the uninitiated.
    And for charity too, so well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

rivalius13 wrote: »
    A hipster swimmer, a swimster, awesome.

A swimster - to you sir I tip my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

My hubby and 2 sons aged 16 and 13 went for the swim and totally enjoyed it (the lunatics)........that said the 13 yr old is now on his way back from the doc with steroids and antibiotics for a chest infection but feck it that's life and he wouldn't have missed the xmas swim for the world.

They've been doing it for the past 3 years:)

Advertisement