Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insurance qustion

Options
  • 24-12-2010 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all, firstly Happy Chsistmas,

I am wondering about house insurance my Nan died a month ago and left me her house, The house insurance she had is not up until may of next year, Is this policy still in place or do I need to take out a new policy

Your help please.

My best regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You will need to check with the insurance company.

Or check the terms and conditions of the policy.

Is the house occupied? - sometimes there is a clause that the insurance is not valid unless property is occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    Can any 1 tell me?

If my neighbors house floods due to a burst pipe and the water leaks into my house and causes damage, who do I follow?
    The houses are simi detached, there was no 1 living in the neighbors house as it is a rental property.
    I have been advised to claim off my own insurance and then let the insurance companies fight it out.
    Its been 3 days now and the water is still leaking through the wall.
    I had to gain access to the neighbors house my self to shut off the water.

Great full for any help.

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

ccsolar wrote: »
    Hi
    Can any 1 tell me?

If my neighbors house floods due to a burst pipe and the water leaks into my house and causes damage, who do I follow?
    The houses are simi detached, there was no 1 living in the neighbors house as it is a rental property.
    I have been advised to claim off my own insurance and then let the insurance companies fight it out.
    Its been 3 days now and the water is still leaking through the wall.
    I had to gain access to the neighbors house my self to shut off the water.

Great full for any help.

CC
    Unless you can prove that your neighbour was negligent towards you, you have no right of action against him and you have no entitlement to benefit under his policy.

He may well have invalidated his own insurance by not disconnecting his water system when the property became unoccupied. It's a mad world but he may come after you if you did any damage gaining access to his property.

Advertisement