Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Down...

• 24-12-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Anyone having issues with BB and Phone this evening? - poxy thing has gone since about 19:30. Needless to say no support available.

Was tracking Santa online with kids and we went for one last look before they went to bed and nada.

I am in Dundrum area and both gone. TV is still OK but no 100Mb... :rolleyes:

Ah well, the outlaws won't be able to call the landline to wish us Happy Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

It might not be that helpful now, but I'm in Dublin 5 and everything is fine up here. (Phone and BB via TV cable)

But it might be a problem in your local area :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Thanks. Had same prob a few weeks back and they had it on their support message for our area but no notifications now. Was down 24 hours that time. TBH this is probably only 2nd time it has been down in the 18 months I have it.

Thinking not going to have anything now till after Christmas. Not too worried but think its just ironic timing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

Same story. Also in Dundrum.

Its the pits... were you down 2 weeks back too?

I have a 3G wireless router that I use for testing for work so looks like I am gonna be on that for Christmas!

Just got the 100Mb... so back to 2Mb now :P

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

Yes. Same story and I'm in Dundrum too. Seen on Twitter that there's also problems in Finglas and Booterstown. Is it too much to expect a service company like UPC to provide 24/7/365 support - cos I don't think so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mahargger

TV is ok - broadband/phone are dead

First time using the Android Wireless hot-spot on HTC Desire - works well - 1.5 Mbs on speedtest.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In Rathfarnham and, touch wood, I'm alright.

Its the pits... were you down 2 weeks back too?

don't think so. So far it was pretty stable.
    I have a 3G wireless router that I use for testing for work so looks like I am gonna be on that for Christmas!

lucky you - I'm on my wife's iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scrappieman

same up in mount merrion .. phone in bb down.. its a right pain.. any news on whats going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Down here in Ballinteer! Very very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jamesnp

Me too in Killiney. Not impressed. I've been riniging their business broadband tech support line for the last hour with no answer — 24 hrs 365 day a year my absolute hole.

I'm not paying for this month, that's for sure...

-jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

I had the same problem last year, BB and phone down 25th and 26th : (. At the moment having horrible speed issues between 8pm and midnight (last 3 nights). I'm in D7 by the way, No "Customer Service" available tonight at 8pm but all working atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

working in Knocklyon, I had the 100mb installed on wed but sofar have max speed of 30mb.

Engineer called out this morning and replaced router, taps etc but no better, he has put me down to have another visit when snow clears so he can find the outside manhole and replace cable to house!

btw... for all experiencing outage — 1800 94 19 41 is the number to report SME broadband outage (if anyone answers). If they refuse to deal with you because you're a residential customer tell them that you have fibre running through your premises and that you are giving them the mandatory 30 days notice (as per their t&cs) before you will forcibly remove their line.

That usually gets them talking...

-jp

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaolcon

Merry F*****g Christmas
    from
    UPC

Customer Service
    UPC Business offers an unparalleled quality service to our customers from pre-qualification to installation, guaranteed with service level agreements.
    Our customer care team can be contacted 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help with your enquiries.

SME Broadband Support
    1800 941 941
    BusinessSupport@upc.ie

HA? I've been ringing for 3 hrs with no answer... unparalleled my ass.

-jp

The ironic thing is that I have customers on the UPC business lines.. and I provide them 24x7 - no calls so far so guessing its just residential. We monitor those lines from our office and I get mail alerts if they're down. At least I know I can depend on UPC business support to pick up the call if any issues..:rolleyes:

Seems to be fairly widespread issue so maybe that may wake them up - perhaps not! Timing is so perfect... think of parents have bought their kids new computers/PS3's/Xbox's and no bloody Internet on Christmas morning! - how times have changed in last 10 years :D

At least I know I can depend on UPC business support to pick up the call if any issues..:rolleyes:

I'm SME and I'm down... and no answer. I'm presuming your clients are just lucky and not in the dodgy area! :)

-jp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Still seems to be down this morning. Merry Xmas UPC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Still down in kilmacud. My son just got a xbox and is not happy. Mind you it means the outlaws can't ring us. There has to be someone on call.

• Advertisement

Still down in Killiney. They're answering on 1908 now, say they're working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaolcon

Still down in Stillorgan
    this is absolutely ridiculous get your finger out

Fixed now, thank God.

Merry Christmas all.

-jp

I tried 1908 and got an automated answering service admitting a problem in my immediate area - Dundrum/Goatstown. Nothing about any other areas. It then cut me off so I didn't/couldn't speak to anyone. No idea when it'll be back. Kids not happy with no
    Xbox Live. Wife not happy she can't ring her sister.

**** happens, fair enough. But there's no excuse for UPC only "being aware" of a problem at 11am on Xmas day when the fault occured on Xmas eve at approx 19:30.

Fixed here too

Fixed for me too. Merry Christmas all!

Back up here in Kilmacud too... phone starting ringing from distant reli's :D

Some UPC engineer got ass kicked into work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Back up here in Kilmacud too... phone starting ringing from distant reli's :D

Some UPC engineer got ass kicked into work.
    My BB was working this morning but nothing on the phone so I rebooted the modem and lost everything.
    But came back an hour ago
    Hopefully this is the end of it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

BB was down in Sandycove this am but is back now

• Advertisement
Advertisement