Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Bi-Pod

Options
  • 24-12-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Well lads,
    I've been meaning to spread the word for a while now about what I consider to be the best bi-pod on the market.

I've been back and forward to america a few times in the past couple of years and each time I bought a bi-pod. The first was a Rockmount (good) then a Harris (also good) but the last time I bought a Caldwell XLA for $35.

This bi-pod is slightly heavier than the other 2. But it tilts and has a pod-lock on it- all for $35! It also feels a hell of a lot more solid than the other 2. Of the 3 it was by far the cheapest, and is my favourite. It seems to be very well put together and I've been using it for 10 months now. Having tilt ability and pod-lock is a great benefit on un-even ground :)

Anyway, I thought I would let people know about this product. :D

Here's the Chuck Hawks review: http://www.chuckhawks.com/caldwell_bipod_XLA_9-13.htm

I don't know who sells them here, but if you're in the market for a bi-pod- it's Well worth a look. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Glensman wrote: »
    Well lads,
    I've been meaning to spread the word for a while now about what I consider to be the best bi-pod on the market.

I've been back and forward to america a few times in the past couple of years and each time I bought a bi-pod. The first was a Rockmount (good) then a Harris (also good) but the last time I bought a Caldwell XLA for $35.

This bi-pod is slightly heavier than the other 2. But it tilts and has a pod-lock on it- all for $35! It also feels a hell of a lot more solid than the other 2. Of the 3 it was by far the cheapest, and is my favourite. It seems to be very well put together and I've been using it for 10 months now. Having tilt ability and pod-lock is a great benefit on un-even ground :)

Anyway, I thought I would let people know about this product. :D

Here's the Chuck Hawks review: http://www.chuckhawks.com/caldwell_bipod_XLA_9-13.htm

I don't know who sells them here, but if you're in the market for a bi-pod- it's Well worth a look. :cool:

Good stuff well done good to see that, always thought Harris was a bit steep for what you got

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I got my harris 9-13 swivel in from the us today @€;83 so I'll be sticking with the harris.
    But thats a good review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Sounds good lad, id say if anyone was lookin to buy one they would be better off orderin from the states, could you imagine how much they would charge in shops over ere for them. 35 dollars is a great price for anything got to do with shooting never mind a bi-pod!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Good stuff well done good to see that, always thought Harris was a bit steep for what you got

I always thought the same! But I bought one all the same :rolleyes:
    Well my Harris feels a lot lighter, but I genuinely believe of the 3 I have, the Caldwell is the best put together and was easily the cheapest.

The proof I suppose is in the pudding, and the Caldwell is sitting on my main gun, the Harris lives very happily on my 10/22 :)

I should have said, my Rockmount has smooth legs and a wee knob, I like this setup for long range rabbits, but it's not fast enough or good enough in the dark for foxing. The Harris and the Caldwell both have notched legs, this would be my one preference- although I don't click them 'against' the spring because the shoot out and this could scare the red boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

in was in LA 3 mths ago and got the rockmount in Turners outdoorsman for $40 on sale.
    so far it has be perfect for me.
    they were sound out over there and at the rifle range most guys had a rockmount swivel aswell.

look at the rifle prices here :O howa for $300
    http://www.turners.com/engage/events_holidayflyer.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

kenneths wrote: »
    in was in LA 3 mths ago and got the rockmount in Turners outdoorsman for $40 on sale.
    so far it has be perfect for me.
    they were sound out over there and at the rifle range most guys had a rockmount swivel aswell.

look at the rifle prices here :O howa for $300
    http://www.turners.com/engage/events_holidayflyer.php

Thats some catalogue of fireamrs and equipment

Advertisement