Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE Xperia X8 - WiFi won't work with Linksys router

• 24-12-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

The missus just got herself an xperia x8 for christmas, but it refuses to work with the wifi at home. I tried it on the wifi in my parents house and it worked fine, so i know its something to do with our router. I am using a Linksys WRT54GS and i have never had any problems before. I'm using a SE W995 on the wifi network with no problems. Also 2 xboxes, 2 laptops, desktop and ps3 running through the router with no problems.
    I tried switching off the the wpa security on the router and the phone still won't work. The phone sees the network, tries to join but then "Obtaining address" comes up and it gets stuck. The strange thing is that the router sees the phone and seems to give it an ip address but the phone still seems to get stuck at "obtaining address". Its the same with or without wpa switched on, on the router. I tried changing the wireless channel on the router, that didn't work either.
    The phone has been updated to ver2.1 and is very close to being thrown out the window by me out of frustration. Its pity because other than the wifi, its an impressive little phone.

Can anyone help or give advice? Maybe this would be better suited in the network forum.

Advertisement