Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerCity - Monday 27th DEC Sales - Sony Tvs

Options
  • 24-12-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hello All,

Just thought to bring it to your attention about some of the facts regd 27th Dec powercity sale for Sony TVs.

They are mentioning 20% discounts to be purchased on 27th Dec 2010, here are some of the facts about one of the TVs I was following - Model : KDL40EX503

1. Initially, when SONY was giving VAT back offer (which officially ended today), PC (powercity) was giving it for 849e - with 50e discount online -and with VAT back (147e) - u actually pay - 702 euros

2. Till today morning, it was showing 899e, 50e online discount gone :(

3. Just now checked, online price is 999e, what is this ??

Now, on monday, they will give 20% on 999e, so we pay, 799e......so no discount and making us feel FOOLISH, STUPID and what not

In other words, people waiting for Boxing day sale will end up paying even more than normal day sale.....Beware......

Can please anyone from Powercity explain this maths to me, or is this how the SALE works, its a DISGRACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fed up...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

your wrong you should be fissed off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Nothing strange in that but its probably illegal as I think they can't carry on like that - DID are having a sale too might be worth checking prices. Might not.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,558 ✭✭✭✭ted1

there is no such thing as boxing day in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Sorry DID don't seem do be doing Sony stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

@flutered:- Not sure, what you meant by that ?

@maringo - i agree and even i thought so, just to add on, yesterday i went to SONY showroom just before Grafton street and saw the same model for org price = 899e and with VAT back discount = 743e, So, if SONY showroom has that price, how can Powercity or any other have greater price for the same model ??...yes...DID doesn't do SONY...plus one more thing to notice about DID sale is they mention that there are several other offers in store and online on that DAY at the bottom - so are we not suppose to know it before hand or some surprise item for us ?

@ted1 - By boxing day, I means St Stephens Day sale (sorry for confusion)

Do we have someone from Powercity (official rep) who can reply to this ?

• Advertisement

Now, the price has changed online at 799e, not sure what the in-store price wud be, can only check tomorrow ?

Based on in-store price, 20% discount would make sense, so have to wait few more hours for that :(

cheers and fingers crossed

Sorry, just saw this notice on Powercity website

Get 20% Off Any SONY or Panasonic TV Online Today ONLY

So, i guess, for 999e with 20% discount = 799e, so nothing has changed since my initial post :(

Bad luck :mad::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

because it was sony, and not them giving the vat refund they're probably just about the right side of the law
    it sucks, but that's how business works, profit maximisation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Its now showing 920€ for the 40ex503, which less 20% is about 740€

@Zonda999 - correct, as of yesterday it is showing as 919e (80e discount online)

But, cannot assume anything. today i was in store for Stephens day sale @ Sallynoggin, reached at almost 9 am, only 10 people were queuing !!!

In-store price for the same model is 999e as of today. I asked one of the guy there if he can give me online price + 20% discount today and he said NO.

Again I asked another guy in-store, if it will be the same price tomorrow, so I don't bother coming in because of weather, even he cudn't confirm anything

So now, the thing to watch is whether online price stays same, 919 with 20% = 735e or they change it by midnight / tomorrow morning

Am reading all this posts about bargain with powercity, people sharing there various exps abt gettting cheaper deals than mentioned in-store / online, am just waiting for that experience to happen :(

Lets wait and watch..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Surprise surprise, its 800€ today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭dubrov

Welcome to sales in Ireland. It is rare to walk into a shop that doesn't have a so-called "sale".

I believe it is illegal what they are doing but the law is not enforced at all. Pretty much every retailer does it.

At the end of the day forget about the discount. If you are happy to pay the final price then pay it

Few facts about Dec 27th sale for the same model

1. Powercity - initial online price - 919e gone (no surprise now !!). i was in store yday and price was 799e (999e @ 20%) which is same today and will be till 31st i guess, doesn't matter to me now, but may be useful for some

2. I called SONY retailer (Jervis shopping center) yday to enquire price for the same model as they were also having discount for some / all models and original price 4 below was 899e and with discount was 787e (not sure abt discount % )

Sounded strange to me abt having price less than powercity, but just an FYI.

Anyways, my T.V story ended yesterday, got Samsung 40LC530 @ 479e (as SONY got too dearer )with no further discount from powercity, fontill

I was planning to take T.V stand worth 120e along with the T.V, butwhen asked final price for both, was offered 20e discount for the stand, but I wasn't too happy with that deal and decided to go just for T.V.

After this, decided to try my luck at D.I.D (Stillorgan) for the T.V stand, as I remembered there was one offered at half rate for Dec 27 (BT1000B), when reached there at around 5.30 p.m, found there were couple of them still left and I can have them :D..The person was very kind in doing that..Hats off ...So, today i got the stand as well

Thanks guys once again for all your inputs..cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Good job Vikas in following & highlighting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

After this, decided to try my luck at D.I.D (Stillorgan) for the T.V stand, as I remembered there was one offered at half rate for Dec 27 (BT1000B), when reached there at around 5.30 p.m, found there were couple of them still left and I can have them

How much did you pay for the TV stand then?

Thanks banchang

Forgot to mention 2 things

1. Powercity charged 15e for T.V home delivery. Initially, he said 30e, than i reminded him of online 15e (which i read somewhere) and then he readily agreed..so, we have to be alert all the time :)

2. D.I.D - paid 65e for the 3-tier black glass stand, which was originally listed as 125e...:D....which looks like a good deal, becoz basic universal stands starts from 89/ 99e everywhere..

P.S :- Today, the price for same model is 775e, less than yday..may be this is the last time i m keeping an eye on this...;)

cheers guys...

Advertisement