Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably Priced Hotels in Dublin

Options
  • 24-12-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to be in Dublin for the Commitments gig in March 2011.
    Everything online for hotels seems to be upwards of €150 which is ridiculous for a double room for one night.

Does anybody know a reasonably priced decent hotel? I've stayed at the Roxford Lodge before and it's great but its booked out.

Do you see prices falling in the new year anyway?

would appreciate some help with this guys...Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Hi,

I'm going to be in Dublin for the Commitments gig in March 2011.
    Everything online for hotels seems to be upwards of €150 which is ridiculous for a double room for one night.

Does anybody know a reasonably priced decent hotel? I've stayed at the Roxford Lodge before and it's great but its booked out.

would appreciate some help with this guys...Thank you :)
    Where have you been looking?

€150 is a bit high, but depending on the night and type of hotel is not unreasonable.

I guess try the Burlington or the Gresham.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The skylon in drumcondra is grand. not the most amazing hotel you'll ever stay in but it's clean, comfortable and close enough to the city centre.A double room shouldn't be more than 70 euro.

EDIT. It's actually 150 on the night of the gig. paddys day weekend i'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

D4 Hotels.

http://www.d4hotels.ie

It's usually only around the €60 mark, and it's just out beside the RDS! It's where I always stay when going to any concerts! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

I don't see prices falling. The Commitments gig is on March 19 in the o2, the same day as Ireland-England rugby international (as well as being the Patrick's Day weekend, as hynesie08 points out). To push demand up further, the game is on at 5pm, so anyone traveling to see the game is likely to stay overnight.

Would you consider staying out of the city centre a little? You could get the Luas directly from the o2 to the Red Cow roundabout and stay in the Red Cow hotel. They're currently offering a room only rate of 89e for March 19th. Travelodge at the airport have availability for 99e per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

Thank you guys! D4 is definitely the most reasonable so far its €209 for the room with two adults so works out at around the €100...even still....

I payed €180 for two nights in the Roxford Lodge a month ago I mean it's ridiculous.

I'd like to go to the Red Cow Hotel but to say that Dublin intimidates me is an understatement. Getting the Luas and all the other forms of getting there are either added hassle or too much money (assuming a Taxi costs a handsome price).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

I've stayed in Jury's (Quays) for 79 euro on a few occasions in the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thank you guys! D4 is definitely the most reasonable so far its €209 for the room with two adults so works out at around the €100...even still....

I payed €180 for two nights in the Roxford Lodge a month ago I mean it's ridiculous.

I'd like to go to the Red Cow Hotel but to say that Dublin intimidates me is an understatement. Getting the Luas and all the other forms of getting there are either added hassle or too much money (assuming a Taxi costs a handsome price).
    I've stayed in Jury's (Quays) for 79 euro on a few occasions in the last couple of months.

You have to keep in mind OP is looking for a hotel at the height of tourist season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Paddys weekend. Prepare to be fleeced.
    Any other weekend, you would be able to get a double room in most hotels for €40 or so if you haggle. Even if they were advertised for over €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Travelsalot

Well, as pointed out before it is Paddy's weekend and Rugby match. But have a look here: http://dublin.hotelsireland.com
    You could still find some good offers... Maybe the Gibson?: http://dublin.hotelsireland.com/dsp.hoteldetails.cfm?HotelKey=4747

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Holiday inn Express in santry is only 65 euro for a double room incl breakfast, so 32.50 a head!!
    (see www.hrs.com for that deal)

Even with a taxi after the event thats a mighty price. Getting to town is easy as theres loads of busses pass the hotel on the main road.

I stayed there once after arriving on a late flight and its a lovely hotel. As good as or better than what you find in Ireland for double or tripple the price.

Breakfast is continental style (i.e. no rashers or sausage) but theres still plenty on offer to get you started in the morning!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Well the Rathmines Travel Lodge is only 29 euro *per room* for the non-cancel option. It's clean and basic (breakfast not included) and cheap, and close to town as well as a short taxi ride to the RDS (if that's where the concert is?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

later10 wrote: »
    Well the Rathmines Travel Lodge is only 29 euro *per room* for the non-cancel option. It's clean and basic (breakfast not included) and cheap, and close to town as well as a short taxi ride to the RDS (if that's where the concert is?)

The Rathmines Travel lodge isnt like the rest of the travel lodges at all. Its more like a hostel full of drunks and junkies. Very bad quality compared to the rest of them.
    I quite like travel lodge, and I used to think all were exactly the same quality, but not Rathmines. Stay away.

Advertisement