Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your best football Christmas present

• 25-12-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

Still don't think anything will top Tomy Supercup Football. Got it in about 1986 or 87 and I reckon it would still play brilliant. Subutteo always looked like it woule be more fun but always took forever to set up and ended up being pretty boring.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i got that before....best feckin thing ever! still have it and play it whenever my cousins come over :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Got a Pats season ticket for my xmas present this year. Can't beat it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels Season Ticket as usual for me in my Christmas box, also got Gods Vs Mortals (for those of you who don't know it's a book with 10 LoI European fixtures), meant be a good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

We got a full size fussball table one year and it was the dog's bollocks. I kitted out the redguys as Man Utd, putting in the Sharp sponsor with a needle and tippex. We used to always have the neighbours over on Christmas day, so the place would be buzzing with people and that Christmas, that table was the centre of attention. Best present ever.

f48001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Still don't think anything will top Tomy Supercup Football. Got it in about 1986 or 87 and I reckon it would still play brilliant. Subutteo always looked like it woule be more fun but always took forever to set up and ended up being pretty boring.

was talking about this only a few days ago. defo up their with one of the best toys ive ever seen, if not the best. theres a few for sale on ebay, i may invest in one pretty soon.dunno where my one is, my sister broke mine but not sure if i threw it out or we still have it.

any idea if they are still being made anywhere? they would be huge if they started making them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Supercup is brilliant! Have it in the attic but lost the goals and balls... Would play with them if the batteries ran out!
    Spent hours and hours playing that... Remember it actually interfered with the tv signal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Shels Season Ticket as usual for me in my Christmas box, also got Gods Vs Mortals (for those of you who don't know it's a book with 10 LoI European fixtures), meant be a good read.

Snap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Subbuteo set when I was a kid or a season ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

haha, i had that....

crazeyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Signed copy of Kenny Dalglish's autobiography :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The Ireland away kit from the 1990 world cup, I remember it came in a box if you bought it in Penneys/Quinnsworth! The green shorts didnt even have the FAI logo on them but I didnt care. Thought I was **** cool cos Ireland rarely wore an away kit back then, unless we were playing Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What are the 10 games, google knows **** all.

Best football pressie i got was a football around 1981 :o those things were hard to come by the kind that cause irreperable brain damage when headed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Loved my Subutteo set as a young fella.

Got Football Manager 2011 there this year, last version I played was 2001/2. The detail is :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Got a Pats season ticket for my xmas present this year. Can't beat it :D
    I can.

A lack of communication meant I got two season tickets for the Rovers there today:D Great for those games you need to attend twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ahh sligo up their old tricks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Selling tickets? I understand its a strange concept to you lot at the moment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What are the 10 games, google knows **** all.

Shams -v- Man Utd
    Waterford -v- Maun Utd
    Athlonbe -v- AC Milan
    Limerick -v- Real Madrid
    Dundalk -v- Spurs
    Bohs -v- Rangers
    Galway -v- Groningen
    Derry -v- Benfica
    Shels -v- Rangers
    Shels -v- Depor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Epic game at the time. Ability to rename the players/teams was brilliant at the time! Gameplay was unbelievable

Advertisement