Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25th December 2010. LeBron V Bryant

Options
  • 25-12-2010 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Cant wait for tomo, couple of tinnies and sit in front of the box watching the big men trade blows, no better way to spend Christmas!
    Hope Wade is back!!!

awwwwwww shit, now we cookin' with gas!!!!!! woooo!!

Happy Christmas Guys! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

yeah 3 great games tomorrow.

Bulls @ Knicks
    I think the Bulls are a better team than the Knicks but this is a bad matchup for the Bulls right now, particularly with Noah out. Kurt Thomas (38) will start at centre and I'm afraid Stoudemire's quickness will get him into foul trouble (backups are 2nd-year PF Taj Gibson and rookie C Omer Asik). The Bulls also had problems defending the perimeter when they played the Knicks in Chicago. The Knicks shot almost 70% from downtown on 16-24 shooting that night. The Bulls are better defensively since then but there are a lot of holes to fill.
    Prediction: Knicks (hopefully that's put the jinx on them)

Celtics @ Magic
    One reason the Celtics have matched up so well against the Magic in recent times is Perkins' one-on-one defence on Howard. So despite the Celtics great start, they must be sweating on Perkins getting back to full health for the playoffs. Interested to see how the Celtics play Howard without Perkins (some similarities here to the Bulls defending against Stoudemire). The Magic got a much-needed win the other night against the Spurs which sets this game up nicely.
    Prediction: Magic (lack of Rondo, Perkins & home-court will make things very tough. if Celtics win this one they might be unstoppable).

Heat @ Lakers
    I think this Lakers team may be on the slide and this is the game should tell us a lot, as they won't want to lose to the Heat on their own court. I don't think the Heat are going to be in the finals as I don't think they have enough depth, but in a one-off game they can beat any team. They defend well and quietly Bosh has come back into form.
    Prediction: Heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

what time are these on?
    irish time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

what time are these on?
    irish time?

The Bulls Knicks game starts at 5 PM Irish time though it isn't on ESPN as far as I know. The Celtics VS Magic and Heat VS Lakers are both on ESPN however and tip off at 7.30 PM and 10PM respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

padraig_f wrote: »

Bulls @ Knicks
    I think the Bulls are a better team than the Knicks but this is a bad matchup for the Bulls right now, particularly with Noah out. Kurt Thomas (38) will start at centre and I'm afraid Stoudemire's quickness will get him into foul trouble (backups are 2nd-year PF Taj Gibson and rookie C Omer Asik). The Bulls also had problems defending the perimeter when they played the Knicks in Chicago. The Knicks shot almost 70% from downtown on 16-24 shooting that night. The Bulls are better defensively since then but there are a lot of holes to fill.

Celtics @ Magic
    One reason the Celtics have matched up so well against the Magic in recent times is Perkins' one-on-one defence on Howard. So despite the Celtics great start, they must be sweating on Perkins getting back to full health for the playoffs. Interested to see how the Celtics play Howard without Perkins (some similarities here to the Bulls defending against Stoudemire). The Magic got a much-needed win the other night against the Spurs which sets this game up nicely.
    Prediction: Magic (lack of Rondo, Perkins & home-court will make things very tough. if Celtics win this one they might be unstoppable).

Heat @ Lakers
    I think this Lakers team may be on the slide and this is the game should tell us a lot, as they won't want to lose to the Heat on their own court. I don't think the Heat are going to be in the finals as I don't think they have enough depth, but in a one-off game they can beat any team. They defend well and quietly Bosh has come back into form.

Yep, 3 great games to look forward to, first one up in a around twenty minutes, happy days !!

Noah is a massive loss for the Bulls, I still think they have the ability to cause the Knicks a lot of problems but Amare should be too strong at home.

I am kind of really liking the trades the Magic made, they will be an exciting team if anything, Hedo, Jay Rich and Arenas are three big time players, probably not known for their defense but still who needs defense when you got Howard :pac:
    Magic should win this but you can never count out a well drilled Celtics team.

Heat look like they are in the form to beat the Lakers but you can never count out Kobe and Gasol, serious competitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Good win for the Heat

I'm surprised that they play as slowly as they do with the speed that they have. They're currently 24th out of 30 in terms of pace. I don't agree with Spoelstra doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I hate the way the Heat are going, ie very good to be fair to them, if they click come playoffs it could be scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Lakers never really got going last night.
    Hard to know how much of that is down to the Heat, and how much is down to internal issues with the Lakers.

Still, don't think PJ will be hitting the panic button yet. Championships aren't won in December.

Sea Devils: good point about the pace that Miami play at. I haven't seen too much of them this year. Maybe Spoelstra is trying to get them to play an effective half-court game.
    They will probably blow away the league if they continue to play at the same pace as they did last night. But even a team as talented as Miami will come up short in the playoffs if they haven't got a good half-court game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

padraig_f wrote: »

Bulls @ Knicks

Celtics @ Magic

Heat @ Lakers

You nailed it with the predictions, padraig_f.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I hate the way the Heat are going, ie very good to be fair to them, if they click come playoffs it could be scary.

They're bound to have serious trouble matching up to the Celtics inside, though; provided Boston have all their big-men available to them come playoff-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Surprised at how good the Heat were. They were in total control of the game. Interesting comments on the pace of their play as when they got out and ran the ball they were very impressive. LeBron handling the ball on the break was pretty impressive too and Bosh actually played well too ( :eek: ). Hate saying they were good as I hate what they did in the summer, but they really were - and defensively too. They have a pretty handy January schedule and with a fit again Mike Miller they could go on a bit of a run now and get into serious contention for top spot in the East come the All Star break. They passed the ball really well too, both in the open court and in half court situations. Hate making predictions after one game, but they've gone way up in my estimation after that performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

I think they just match up well against the Lakers - LBJ can play the 2, 3 or 4 against anybody on the team. Odom normally causes big matchup problems for teams, even when he's not playing well. When you have Odom, Bryant and Artest on the court, the Heat simply matchup really well with Wade, LBJ and Bosh. Gasol, I thought, had a poor game, they really needed to exploit the fact that Z won't be able to guard good centers on their day.

I actually think Boston and Orlando will cause the Heat more problems matchup wise, with a fit Rondo and an on-form Howard simply because the Heat are lacking in these two areas.

Their defense definitely won them this game. It was a good performance and it's great to see the East with some strong teams capable of contending.

Advertisement