Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My wife and I have been seeing shadow figures the last few years

Options
  • 25-12-2010 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I have always been a skeptic and still am.
    Background:
    I moved to the US a few years ago with the wife and two young kids.
    Moved into a new build house that was built on farm land.

Started to see shadows going around corners in the house and didn’t take much heed of it thinking it was the wife or kids. One night the kids are in bed and the wife was cleaning the mess in the kitchen I seen a shadow going around the bottom of the stairs heading for the dining room. Thinking one of the kids I went followed it. Nothing there! Blinds closed and no other light sources to cast a shadow. The wife asks what I am up to. I said I seen a shadow and there’s nothing there. She said I seen that a lot in this house I taught I was going nuts. We also checked the on the kids. Doors still closed so no great escapes.

We continued to see shadow figures on the walls and floors during all times of day and night. One time I saw the shadow move across the wall in a walk in wardrobe. The room has no windows and the light was off and it was day time. The only light was the bathroom window which over looks a field. You can not see the walk in wardrobe from the bathroom window.

So we ignored the shadows they had become so common and we just on with life. Then the sounds started, always foot steps on carpet upstairs. Again we put it down to the kids. Until one night both my wife and I are in bed talking and we hear running feet from the kid’s bedrooms. Oh great here is one of the kids we taught. Both my wife and sat up when we heard the running feet to see which kid it was. The running stopped at the end on our bed and nobody was there. The kids were still in bed and doors closed.

The youngest kid was 3 months when we put him into his own room. And it was always cold. So we moved him to another room and that got cold while the old room got warm. Any room he sleeps in is cold.

One afternoon while the youngest took a nap I heard him crying on the baby monitor then I hear my wife say “Shhh go back asleep baby” on the monitor. And he did. Only problem my wife is out with the other kid. It wasn’t interference cause the voice was clear and it was my wife north Dublin voice.

We have since moved and only see a shadow once in a while.

Once again we never saw a figures just shadows.

P.S. I told my mother what's going on and see went on an rant in her inner city Dublin accent "Get a priest to bless the house, jaysus get a priest with the holy water and the holy beads. Are you okay for tea bags over there" Took me a while to stop laughing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd suggest asking some skeptical third-party (if you live in the US, then there's probably local skeptical organisations) to come and take a look at the house and do some investigation. I'd say what's more than likely happening is there is actually a light source somewhere, but due to your familiarity with the environment you're overlooking it. An impartial observer with fresh eyes and no preconceptions about the house will be able to offer a different perspective.

As for the noises, houses make noises, it's easy to mistake them for different things, especially from another room. If you're at all sympathetic to supernatural/paranormal explanations (which I would suggest you are, as you probably wouldn't be posting about this in this forum if you weren't), then it's not difficult to interpret them as something that fits in with that idea.

Re: baby monitor, can't offer anything on that I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 declanx

Not to worry. To many variables to say what it is. And I'm just too busy to give it any more taught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I can't offer any explanation but can tell you that you're not mad.
    I grew up in a house experiencing this kind of thing for years.

Shadows/figures would constantly be seen walking around corners, into rooms, and reflections of figures in windows etc.
    We had a very 'dark' section of the house which was very busy with shadow traffic. House was about 20 years old.

I was scared most of the time but also accepted it, as kids do. Often wonder now what the story was with the place, but would never go back there.

Advertisement