Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant go to the toilet

• 25-12-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

my little yorkie since last night, is really constipated. it would have to happen now with no vets open. she is def not herself, very down, shaking. she keeps trying to go but nothing coming out. Have no liquid parrifin in, have been told to try that anything else i can try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I feel your pain cos guy was the opposite last year and had a really bad dose of the runs!! You could try dioralyte to rehydrate her if you have any? When our guy is consitpated I always soak his food in water and pour more water in so it's more like soup to get liquids into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

thank will try this, but she dont seem to want anything to eat. im worried now that maybe she has eat something and has a blockage. proberley just been stupid but she dont seem right at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Any improvement?

That sounds more serious than normal "constipation", tbh.
    If you ring your usual vet, there should be an emergency vet number given for outside normal hours.
    Worth ringing them and describing the symptoms, just in case it's something more serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

If you're willing to put your finger up her bum, some warm water and washing up liquid (very diluted) can help. But it does sound serious enough, there is always emergency vets working over the holidays. If you are based in Dublin, there is an out of hours service for most of the south Dublin practices. Ring your own vet and they should have an emergency number on their answering machine. There will be vets open tomorrow, albeit limited opening hours. She probably should be seen to.

Advertisement