Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

~ Very Amateur ~ Snowy Mountains Sunset Sky

• 25-12-2010 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

P1020862-1.jpg

Took this the last day on my way home. I certainly don't class myself as a photographer, more a point and hope chancer ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

O:
    God damn, that is absolutly fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

Very nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You are a photographer if you take lots of pictures outside of the normal every day snapping, and enjoy doing it, in my book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

johngalway wrote: »
    P1020862-1.jpg

Took this the last day on my way home. I certainly don't class myself as a photographer, more a point and hope chancer ;)

You did yourself proud. great shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Was that taken on a panoramic setting or did you crop a picture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Domo-kun wrote: »
    Was that taken on a panoramic setting or did you crop a picture?

I cropped a bigger photo :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

As long as it's only the camera you're pointing at us :)

Lovely shot John and don't be shy about popping in with some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Lovely shot. Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

awesome shot! what did you use to take/edit it?

It was taken from a secret location in Connemara :D Looking towards the Twelve Bens & Maamturk mountains :)

The camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS25, I used Paint.net to crop it, nothing else done to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

I used Paint.net to crop it, nothing else done to it :)

I hope you have a higher resolution photo. This would make a lovely print. Really beautiful, thank you

1920 x 1080 1.02mb jpeg, that's the photo that section was cut out of, that any good to make a print? It's what the properties tell me is on the camera. I'd like a print of it myself to tell the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Thats really good:)

Are there any good places online to get that photo onto a canvas? I'd like to keep it the shape it is. Had a look in the local shopping centre but the people weren't at the stand today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Is the image you posted here the full size, or is it scaled down?

stcstc: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=89636

Is often recommended here, never had any interaction with him myself, he'd be able to assist no doubt.

Edit: Here's his site: http://360-dpi.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

I can recommend Steve in 360-dpi. Did up a Christmas present for me and was very happy with it. I'm sure he'd be able to help you out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

It will look much better on photo paper than canvas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

It's a lovely shot! blockmount would also be nice. I much prefer that over canvas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Lovely image. The snow and the muted colours in the sky give it a strange post apocalyptic landscape feel to it, like from some science fiction film (I mean that in the nicest way! biggrin.gif). Love it.

Advertisement