Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constant lag and consistant Disconnects

• 25-12-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

Haven't had any problems playing my xbox online for 2 years. I recently changed my connection from Eircom to Vodafone however and Online gaming has gone to the dogs across all games.

I constantly get Connection Interrupted and every now and then get disconnected from Xbox live, only to reconnect again straight after.

I'm just wondering if any1 has anything that I could Try from my end, before making the dreaded call to the ISP who no doubt will have me running around the house unplugging things.

I have a static IP for the Xbox and all ports are forwarded, NAT is wide open and Ive a Full Bars Wireless Connection.

Thanks for any1 who might be able to help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

NoelAPM wrote: »
    Haven't had any problems playing my xbox online for 2 years. I recently changed my connection from Eircom to Vodafone however and Online gaming has gone to the dogs across all games.

I constantly get Connection Interrupted and every now and then get disconnected from Xbox live, only to reconnect again straight after.

I'm just wondering if any1 has anything that I could Try from my end, before making the dreaded call to the ISP who no doubt will have me running around the house unplugging things.

I have a static IP for the Xbox and all ports are forwarded, NAT is wide open and Ive a Full Bars Wireless Connection.

what was your download, upload & ping when you were with eircom?

what are they now with vodaphone?

I ask this because I recently went from Eircom's normal to ngb.

They bumped me up to 5/6mb I think?? Basically I had a 4 bar in every game but the lag was worse then I have ever experienced. My connection kept dropping in and out exactly like you are saying above (10 times in one hour). The tech told me I should never have been "upgraded" because the line I'm on is not able for anything more. I asked to go back to what I was on in the end.

This may not be help you, but it's worth looking at.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Am I missing something? Go back to eircom. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Can't remember to be honest. Currently the download is about 3.5 and pinging around 100. Upload is .5. Nothing magical but that's what my line will hold since I'm paying for 7mb! And paying less than eircoms 3mb that I had! It's great for downloading but skype is unusable and my xbox online is driving me insane!

Gonna have to ring them tomorrow and get them to burn the contract. The way I see it I've more chance of getting a fix here than from them feckers! That's going on eircoms help department ha!

Can't remember to be honest. Currently the download is about 3.5 and pinging around 100. Upload is .5. Nothing magical but that's what my line will hold since I'm paying for 7mb! And paying less than eircoms 3mb that I had! It's great for downloading but skype is unusable and my xbox online is driving me insane!

Gonna have to ring them tomorrow and get them to burn the contract. The way I see it I've more chance of getting a fix here than from them feckers! That's going on eircoms help department ha!

The ping is your problem.

I hope you didn't sign up for 12months, you'll have to pay to get out of it.

Tell them to bump you down to 1mg and you might see a difference like I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The ping is your problem.

I hope you didn't sign up for 12months, you'll have to pay to get out of it.

Tell them to bump you down to 1mg and you might see a difference like I did.

For it being laggy yeah but it shouldn't cause it to constantly disconnect though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Dude your screwed i was with vodafone for a year and it was a nightmare, man i feel sorry for you get use to playing single player games they cannot and are unable to provide a decent service, and btw it took me 4 months to cancel with them after my contract was up i was paying upc and vodafone together for 4 months
    WELCOME TO HELL !!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055963533

siblers wrote: »
    For it being laggy yeah but it shouldn't cause it to constantly disconnect though.

read the whole thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Your ping isnt great but it shouldnt cause disconnects , i had the same problem with vodafone . I was getting good speeds but my line wasnt able to handle it so for busy times it was a nightmare , impossible to play online.

A few things you can do , go to speedtest.net do a test , wait a few minutes then do another to see if you speed is stable.

Your on wireless , can you not go wireless and see if it makes a difference ?

I had no problem leaving vodafone halfway through my contract , (i think they were glad to get rid of me)

Good luck

Advertisement