Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung C3050 not recognised by PC

Options
  • 25-12-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

First of all... HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!! WOOOOOOOO and all that jazz!

So I got the Samsung c3050 for daddy dearest, locked to Tesco as he said he was switching. He has since decided not to change network.. :rolleyes:
    Trying to unlock it by remote server (a website I've used numerous times with no problems).

The problem - My PC (Windows 7 64-bit) won't recognise the phone when it's connected by USB. The cable didn't come with the phone, but is from another Samsung model. I've been online all morning looking for drivers but to no avail (the handful I found weren't free, or just didn't work).

I've downloaded new PC Suite, the USB cable definitely works as the phone is now fully charged. I've used the Windows wizard to automatically search for drivers but that was a fruitless endevour!

The instructions say to switch the phone to PC mode but either being blonde is taking it's toll or there is just no connectivity setting, or anywhere else with the option to do this!

If anyone could even point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally greatful! My head is wrecked at this point :(

Hope you all have a really great day!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You tired this, yes? Click the "Downloads" section...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Yup, that was first thing I downloaded! Thanks anyway.

Because the phone din't come with a cable or driver, I thought maybe I just can't do it, though it seems other people have, and can!! Gaaah the frustration! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Mods, feel free to delete this! Managed to eventually get it connected, though I really don't know how... Must be christmas voodoo! XD

Advertisement