Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovering Gamertag

• 25-12-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Got a new xbox today from santy and got it connected to to the net perfect but when i'm trying to recover my gamertag I get and error saying "Invalid" But i know that my gamertag is still active as i use it at college all the time. Anyone had this problem before or know how to sort it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Got a new xbox today from santy and got it connected to to the net perfect but when i'm trying to recover my gamertag I get and error saying "Invalid" But i know that my gamertag is still active as i use it at college all the time. Anyone had this problem before or know how to sort it ?

You need to make sure that your windows live id and password are correct. If not you will get the invalid message.

afaik the account servers were having issues last week but should be resolved.

If that doesnt work but you have an old console with your tag on it in the house ( alot of peeps getting new consoles today) you can move your gamertag over through usb.

Advertisement