Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6700 and Sim Card Problem??

Options
  • 25-12-2010 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hi all up until I fell asleep last night at 2am my Nokia & Sim were absolutely perfect, but as I woke this morning I discovered no signal on my phone so turned it off and on again, as it came back on it didnt ask me for my password ( as it normally should ) and it says I have numbers in my sim but they wont show on the phone and the phone itself wont let me call anybody if i try to dial a number it says "emergency calls only".

I have put the sim into other phones and the same issue as above, also now saying "Sim Card Rejected"

So basically WTF???

Also I am with Vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Is the 2nd phone able to read a Vodafone SIM..? If so, seems there's a problem with the actual SIM card, as you get errors in more than one phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Steyr wrote: »
    Hi all up until I fell asleep last night at 2am my Nokia & Sim were absolutely perfect, but as I woke this morning I discovered no signal on my phone so turned it off and on again, as it came back on it didnt ask me for my password ( as it normally should ) and it says I have numbers in my sim but they wont show on the phone and the phone itself wont let me call anybody if i try to dial a number it says "emergency calls only".

I have put the sim into other phones and the same issue as above, also now saying "Sim Card Rejected"

So basically WTF???

Also I am with Vodafone.

sounds like your sim is FRIED
    was it old?
    either way you need a new one call to a voda store
    this is a common occurance happened to me twice:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Thank you very much for your replies, I am in Galway City, do you perhaps know are vodafone open tomorrow? Will I be able to retrieve my numbers from the sim? Is my mobile phone ok or will I be purchasing a new one?

Also and lastly, I have in the region of €30 credit still in it, will I get this back off Vodafone?

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Is the 2nd phone able to read a Vodafone SIM..? If so, seems there's a problem with the actual SIM card, as you get errors in more than one phone.

It pretty much wont work in any phone, the Sim is around 2+ years I would roughly estimate.

Steyr wrote: »
    It pretty much wont work in any phone, the Sim is around 2+ years I would roughly estimate.
    your numbers are gone and you will get your credit back i think Voda is open tomor

• Advertisement

Thank you, will I need a new mobile?

not at all its just your sim buddy

jimmynokia wrote: »
    not at all its just your sim buddy

Thanks Sir, I really appreciate your knowledge and input.

your welcome:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Had a 6700 for a week and was back 3 times with it. Nothing but trouble so i exchanged it. Remember doing a google search at the time and everyone was having problems with them. It just kept turning off :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Had a 6700 for a week and was back 3 times with it. Nothing but trouble so i exchanged it. Remember doing a google search at the time and everyone was having problems with them. It just kept turning off :mad:

And to add to that, it well nigh impossible to get them unlocked by the local unlocking boys. Have tried in several places around the west & nobody has succeeded yet:mad:

Advertisement