Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will the banks reopen?

Options
  • 25-12-2010 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Any idea when TSB will be open again? Monday or Tuesday?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Monday and Tuesday are both public holidays in lieu of christmas day and st stephen's day. And I think the banks usually close an extra day over Christmas, so it'll be Wednesday at the earliest, probably Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

ptsb opens thurs fri then closed monday again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Pacifico wrote: »
    Any idea when TSB will be open again? Monday or Tuesday?!

Thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

NuMarvel wrote: »
    Monday and Tuesday are both public holidays in lieu of christmas day and st stephen's day. And I think the banks usually close an extra day over Christmas, so it'll be Wednesday at the earliest, probably Thursday.

That is not really true. Neither today nor tommorrow are public holidays, they are bank holidays, so is Wednesday but that they are not public holidays.

It's a missconception that if a public holiday falls onto a weekend like last week that it moves to Monday.

I point you to the wonderfull citizeninformation.ie webpages about this topic:
    Where a public holiday falls on a weekend, you do not have any automatic legal entitlement to have the next working day off work. This occurs in 2010 when Christmas Day (25 December) falls on a Saturday and St Stephen's Day (26 December) falls on a Sunday. It also occurs in 2011 when New Year's Day (1 January) falls on a Saturday. This means that Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 December 2010, and Monday 3 January 2011 are not public holidays.

So for those of us who get public holidays off but not bank holidays it's a normal day at work (unless we want to take a holiday out of our allowance).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Anyone know are Bank Of Ireland branches open today, Monday, and if not when do they open? I don't want to walk a mile to find its closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

kincsem wrote: »
    Anyone know are Bank Of Ireland branches open today, Monday, and if not when do they open? I don't want to walk a mile to find its closed.

Ring your local branch?

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Ring your local branch?
    If I had a telephone I would. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

If I had a telephone I would. Thanks.

Hope the phone you used for ringing UPS recently gets fixed then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

As per Ger's post. Banks are re-opening on Thursday.

• Advertisement

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Hope the phone you used for ringing UPS recently gets fixed then ;)
    That was not my telephone. It was at a house about a mile away. Good research but wrong conclusion.

Advertisement