Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talking and grinding teeth during sleep

Options
  • 25-12-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this should be in here or in dentistry forum.

I talk in my sleep and also grind my teeth. I find it very embarassing and it makes me nervous about having girls around the house incase they are freaked out by it.

I'd like to get it sorted out. Currently, I have a mouth guard for the bruxism which I try to wear at night, but I find sometimes I wake up in the morning and realise that I've taken it out in my sleep.

I don't think I walk or do anything other than talk and grind. Please help me as this embarassment is causing me relationship issues.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

had a similar issue, no talking just serious grinding, went to dentist, had to get seven fillings drilled and refilled, more new fillings, basically ruined my mouth

the dentist made me a gum shield, but cos its custom it really hugs my teeth, fits like a glove, but is a lil hard to take off, maybe one of these will stop you removing it at night instead of a looser sports based one?

if you already have a proper molded one, then i have no idea sorry

oh and about the girls, every girl whos mentioned it to me has been pretty ok with it after ive explained it, none seemed to have a problem with it, if you play it off like its no thing, its fine
    what helps is i was with a girl, who used to rub the side of my face, the jaw muscles when i was grinding them badly, she said id stop almost instantly, so having a girl around can be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yeah, I got a moulded one - cost me £80. Seems to stop the noise, but not the talking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Yeah, I got a moulded one - cost me £80. Seems to stop the noise, but not the talking!

hmm well if its as tight fitting as mine dont think youll be able to rip it out, on the talking matter, ive no idea, never been one to talk in my sleep, least i dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I tall a lil bit in my sleep, but not loudly or anything. When I first found out I was doing it, I was mortified and really paranoid about what would slip out :O
    I even woke up once mid sentence (though the sentences never really make sense) and thought there as somebody in the room talking to me... til I realised it was myself!

I wouldnt worry too much about it though, I have lived with friends and now with my boyfriend and nobodys ever found it a problem! Plus Ive friends who do it too and I just think its funny, as does everyone else in the room. one of my friends starting talking about her toes in her sleep once, hilarious!

Advertisement