Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data settings

Options
  • 25-12-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

I just got the moto defi but cant find anywhere to set up the data? no where to input settings or anything and it wont connect even though it worked on my old phone

New to anything but nokia :o:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

After huge effort I fixed this, customer care told me it cant be done but if you input the settings yourself and then do the first few numbers of this it works :D

NZ_Dave,

Maybe a Motorola Dude can help, but let's try a couple more things. (For $25 bucks the guy should have done all this):

1) I assume this is an unlocked phone. I mean you can get regular GSM phone reception, right?

2) There's another thing to check, because there's no reason this phone should not work. Have you gone into the "INFO menu"? With your dialer type *#*#4636#*#* A menu will appear. Tap Phone Information. Under "set preferred network type" see what's listed. It probably should be "GSM auto (PRL)".

In that same menu: Also be certain (just below) that your radio is ON (if you're getting regular phone service it will be). Ok, then hit the lower left phone key (the phone "menu" key) and an advanced menu shows up. Tap "Select Radio Band". Take a look at the list. On the US phone only automatic works, but you may have a different list etc.

Back out of that, hit the lower left phone button and again get your advanced menu. Tap "more" Be sure "data connection" is enabled. Just tap "Enable data connection" to be sure. Back out to your regular screen.

3) Ok, go into settings > wireles and networks > mobile networks > operator selection > search networks. What (if anything) comes up? Back up one step and check "data roaming" and see if that helps. (Uncheck later).

4) On off chance that your phone has the wifi calling app (unlikely), go into it and (even thought it's probably OFF) hit the phone menu button, go into settings > connection preferences and be sure it's NOT set for "wifi only".

Other than that, you may want to do a search on the non-US Motorola forums for APNs people are using on their Motorola phones in NZ?

Advertisement