Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumbass question of the week

Options
  • 25-12-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

As those of you who have already answered questions from me know, I'm new to shooting (few months).

So the question of the week is: Can you buy ammunition online in Ireland and get it delivered?

I honestly dont know, and am leaning towards "No" as how would you prove you have a licence?

Merry Christmas and thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I love dumbarse Q&A sessions
    Yes you can buy ammo on line. You must send you current license off to confirm you could buy the ammo.
    I did better and bought a rifle online from Duffys. The sale included post and they will send the gun on when you can provide the license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

So you find an online Irish retailer (linky?), buy something, then mail your licence off to them for scrutinization?

Do they only need to check it once and then keep you on file or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Yes that is what you do. Don't about if every time will be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Thanks for the info!

42 gram shells here I come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Arcto wrote: »
    So you find an online Irish retailer (linky?), buy something, then mail your licence off to them for scrutinization?

Do they only need to check it once and then keep you on file or something?

They're not allowed to send ammo through the mail. They send it via secure courier to your door, someone must be there to sign for the package.

I've scanned my license and sent it off, payed with Postal Order and that was that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Arcto wrote: »
    As those of you who have already answered questions from me know, I'm new to shooting (few months).

So the question of the week is: Can you buy ammunition online in Ireland and get it delivered?

I honestly dont know, and am leaning towards "No" as how would you prove you have a licence?

Merry Christmas and thanks!

There is no such thing as Dumb Ass Questions only Dumb Ass Answers

Advertisement