Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone without water in Limk?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

Still no water for us in Janesboro.. walked the dog today . and i saw 3 different point along the road and water is flowing from these ..cant wait to see how long will it take to dig these up and fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bjg

I stuck a watering-can under a gutter downpipe and used a siphon to transfer water to a bucket. It did work, but only until the levels equalised. And all the time I knew I had one of these, but it was about 200 miles away, so I've ordered another one for next winter. Does what it says on the tin and would have made life much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

in ballananty have been without water for a week now , neighbours on either side of me have water?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Precedens

iceax wrote: »
    Still no water for us in Janesboro.. walked the dog today . and i saw 3 different point along the road and water is flowing from these ..cant wait to see how long will it take to dig these up and fix.

have water from yesterday (janesboro too). different mains i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Precedens wrote: »
    have water from yesterday (janesboro too). different mains i suppose.

We got water back (janesboro) this morning. Very little pressure though. Isnt reaching the tank in the attic at all. But at least we can fill our own bottles and get the washing machine/dishwasher going.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Precedens

well our tank was filling up like 1 and half day due to low pressure, anyway our shower heating battery burned, because with no water motor was running too fast, so we cant take shower. irony:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Mine returned at 05.10 this morning. I awoke to the music of my attic tank filling.
    08.00am and I never thought I'd enjoy doing a big wash-up at the kitchen sink as I listen to the beautiful sound of the washing-machine starting up.

The things we all take for granted. Sometimes it's good to have a power-cut or no water for a while, if only to make us all more appreciative of the conveniences we have around us.

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Woke up xmas morning to find it gone, backs fecked from lugging a 30 litre drum of water up and down the attic for the past 4 days. Found out we'd a burst pipe yesterday evening, thought the thaw was a bit too slow for us. Plumbers coming around today. anyways apparently wicks was flooded monday night so there's SFA joiners and parts for plumbing around the city.

Don't know if its true but did anyone hear that a certain station on the ennis road hiked up prices of bottled water by a euro on xmas day and st stephens, if true they've lost my business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Don't know if its true but did anyone hear that a certain station on the ennis road hiked up prices of bottled water by a euro on xmas day and st stephens, if true they've lost my business.

I dont know how true that is but I was in a restaurant in Cork yesterday, Wagamama, and they had no water so were selling their bottled water for cost price. Thats not so bad unless you want to use the toilet as well. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

In Dooradoyle, been without water for a week now.

I would have thought the thaw would have come at this stage? Any advice, or just keep waiting for the thaw?

• Advertisement

Call a plumber it surely would've thawde by now. Could be a burst pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Water finally came back this morning. Woke up at 6am to hear the tank in the attic filling up. I've never been so glad to hear that noise in my life! Was so happy we got up to celebrate with an early breakfast and a huge mug of tea. Oh, and did the washing up with lots of hot water - was like a child :)

Like Tippman1 said, we take things like water and electricity for granted and this has made us appreciate our instant water supply a lot more. At least we have a dozen bottles of drinking water in reserve, should it happen again.

My advice to NewDirection would be to wait. The thaw seems to get to certain houses first and you must be one of the unlucky ones :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭LB6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Gen2

In addition, due to breakages in watermains, unannounced disruptions to water supply can also be expected during daytime hours pending repairs of such breakages.

Fantastic, explains why the water was disconnected again 10 minutes after being turned on today.... Hopefully it'll last a bit longer tomorrow morning:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭sioda

My water is back but crappy pressure living just off the roxboro rd anyone one else have the same??

Just worried in case worse problem

Hurray got it back yesterday, the house was built in the 50's so piping was old. The pipe they replaced would've made a good flute if you ignored the rusty bits. There was at least 7 holes in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

ours is on and off, its on enough to fill the tank then have nothing most of the day and evening but low pressure is this the council doing this ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Water came back to full pressure for us last night (I'm in janesboro). I was out on the town having a few beers and my Wife nearly had a heart attack to see a fire engine outside our neighbours house. Turns out our neighbours pipes in the attic ruptured, flooding his house and the house to the other side of him.

We were extremely lucky it seems. Now have a full tank in the attic and toilets are filling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Todayfm news today said most authorities will put water back on FULL for New years Eve and switch it back off in the morning.

I couldn't help wondering if it was because so many people would be drinking and needing the toilet or just a kind gesture. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

isnt it amazing for a country on the cusp of the atlantic who are used to the extremes of the weather is so underprepared for what comes our way whether it be the big freeze or floods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

kendragon wrote: »
    We got water back (janesboro) this morning. Very little pressure though. Isnt reaching the tank in the attic at all. But at least we can fill our own bottles and get the washing machine/dishwasher going.

Hi i got excited t00. but it was shorted lived. had full pressure for 2 hrs or so filled the tanks and then NOTHING once again AHHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Berty wrote: »

I couldn't help wondering if it was because so many people would be drinking and needing the toilet or just a kind gesture. :confused:

Bit of both I guess

Advertisement